cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Term USA for a month or more.

RedSands
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering if Public Mobile has any plans to update the roaming time period. I know going to USA for a period of 30 to 90 days it’s not feasible to pay 20.00 every ten days.

Thought on this please

16 REPLIES 16

RedSands

Thank you I also think the solution should go to where it is now. Thank you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@RedSands wrote:

Thank you answers all my questions. I am having trouble moving the solution. When I hit the 3 buttons it doesn’t give me an option to change solution.

@RedSands  You should be able to change the solution by simply accepting another response as the solution. Is that not the case anymore?

@geopublic @RedSands for future reference, you have to go to the post that's currently marked as the solution, click the "..." in the corner of the post, and choose "Not the solution".  Then the "Accept as solution" button should re-appear next to all replies, and you can choose the more correct one.

However, in this case, and apologies to @ShawnC13, I think that @geopublic you actually should get the credit.  Shawn only mentioned that there used to be a plan that included roaming but it's no longer available and unlikely to be any time soon; on the other hand, you provided some alternate options that I think would be more helpful to @RedSands than just knowing that there used to be an option at PM that is not available currently.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RedSands wrote:

Thanks I went back in removed solved solution Saved but did change and would not let selection. Sorry about that

@RedSands  Maybe @mimmo  or @NDesai  can help.

RedSands

Thanks I went back in removed solved solution Saved but did change and would not let selection. Sorry about that

@RedSands wrote:

Thank you answers all my questions. I am having trouble moving the solution. When I hit the 3 buttons it doesn’t give me an option to change solution.

@RedSands  You should be able to change the solution by simply accepting another response as the solution. Is that not the case anymore?

RedSands

@RedSands the current 10 day roaming plans are geared towards 7 day vacations. There is also a bug that, makes you wait 24 hours to repurchase the same talk plan amd your phone doesn't work if you buy two of them at the same time. Its not worth the hassle. Go local North American.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the solution @RedSands, could you please used the 3 dots on the top right of your post to remove it from me and give it to @ShawnC13 . My suggestion was only meant to augment that answer.  Stay safe.

@Luddite please switch it.

RedSands

It seems I would be much better purchasing a USA SIM card. Thank you just wondering if Public Mobile may look into expanding the number of days or month or so that you can roam package. Now if I went with a current Public Mobile roaming 10 day package that mean I have to renew every 10 days ? Now if renewing would it be the day previous plan expires or the next day?

Thanks

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I always find going local sim is the way to go for short and extended travel.   I typically forward my calls to fongo or let my plan lapse.  the issue however is what value do you place on your number working.  and if it is truly important than going to koodo might be an option but i believe they charge $8/day  and caps out at 100$ / cycle I believe  so the $20/10 days is not that bad.

@RedSands its better to get a local North US American Sim. AT&T amd Tmobile has some on sale on Amazon.ca. Stay safe. You can also look at free apps such as TextNow and Google hangouts and Google dialer combined if on an Android phone amd use them over WiFi to call Canada for free. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check mintmobile.com.

RedSands

Thank you I understand that borders are now closed but thinking once it opens also thinking of snowbirds as well.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, US roaming add-on revamp is a long due. I am pretty sure its in the works and changes will come this year hopefully. However, i doubt they will offer add-ons for more than 10 days as people rather want about 3 days, but never know.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RedSands  last summer they had a plan that included US roaming with an additional 2GB of data just for US on top of the Canada data.  With travel bring restricted I don't see them bringing it back as demand would be low.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.