cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance

Joylaine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Canada wide talk only... I am going away for a few days to the US... Is there an add-on I can purchase just for the few days?  Or do I just call and get a long distance charge.? 

6 REPLIES 6

Riettarose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe you can buy a 10 day add on for us talk, text or data. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can puchase an add-on for US roaming which are valid for 10 days. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans.  Here is more info about purchasing add-ons. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve.  Another option is if you have wi-fi then you could use apps like Fongo, Textnow, Whattsapp, and Skype.  You could also buy a long distance calling card.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The nice thing isnyou can receive texts. Plus practically every fast food restaurant, coffee shop and store has WiFi. So if you are travelling and someone needs to ge ahold of you they can message you. Then after that you can find some free wifi and buy an add on.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Joylaine wrote:

I have a Canada wide talk only... I am going away for a few days to the US... Is there an add-on I can purchase just for the few days?  Or do I just call and get a long distance charge.? 

That isn't long distance. It is roaming so be sure to get correct add-on. Sometimes customers buy long distance minutes in error. That won't work.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Joylaine wrote:

@Joylaine  Public is a strictly prepaid service and will not charge for long distance. So if you are in the US without a US roaming addon you will not be able to make calls in the US or Canada.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JoylaineYes you can purchase the US Roaming Add ons (they are all for 10 days).

While you are in the States, you without the add ons you will not be able to call / send text / data.. however you will receive text.

Here is a link for more details.

Need Help? Let's chat.