cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance not working

watsonbd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Message said I don’t have long distance. My add-in’s show 200 of 205 minutes Canada and US long distance. 

Also my plan has unlimited provincial talk. 

What’s up?

11 REPLIES 11

@LG35 wrote:

I’m trying to calm the US and it says o don’t have mins but they took the money I payed for the minds

Buying an add on is a 2 step process.  You added the funds to your account. Now you need to back into self service and purchase the add on.

Here is a HDI:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

LG35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m trying to calm the US and it says o don’t have mins but they took the money I payed for the minds

watsonbd

My plan runs to June 25.  Problems likely from renewal I'm guessing,  Seems to be running ok now. I will check the plan you suggested when I am close to renewal.

Thanks

@watsonbd why don't you switch to the new $25 Canada wide plan. It's vastly superior. Here is an article on how to transfer your plan if you choose to. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan  . This plan below.

Screenshot_20200323-005503.jpg

watsonbd

Minutes we’re showing on add on

Anonymous
Not applicable

@watsonbd wrote:

My plan renewed today I believe. 

Right. So check that it was successful. Log in to your self-serve and check that it says Active next to Plan Status.

Edit: nvm on the 205 minutes. You probably re-bought the 200 minute add-on when you had 5 minutes left in the previous one.

watsonbd

My plan renewed today I believe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@watsonbd wrote:

Tried the 1 in front. Shouldn’t have to as it is a local call. My phone number is CALGARY based, but I live 100kms away (now).

Message says “Sorry, but you don’t have an active long distance add on”

Is your plan active? When does it renew?

205 minutes on the 200 minute add-on makes no sense. Did they gift you 5 minutes somewhere along the way?

Yes whatever province you're in, you should be able to call a number based in that province. Adding the 1 doesn't cost anything and avoids the message saying that long distance charges may apply (I know that's not your message).

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check you account again.  You may have used up your minutes.  If there are no minutes remaining the you have depleted your minutes.

watsonbd

Tried the 1 in front. Shouldn’t have to as it is a local call. My phone number is CALGARY based, but I live 100kms away (now).

Message says “Sorry, but you don’t have an active long distance add on”

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@watsonbd  did you try dialing with 1 in front of the number?  Also, please recheck the number and dial it again. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.