cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance in Toronto

BooRadley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Im starting off and got the $25 unlimitted plan with 500gb of data.  I wasn't sure what to do with the long distance add on so I left it blank.  My question is, what is considered a long distance area code?  We have so many here: 416, 647, 905, 289, and some of these area codes are split towards the southern part of the province and some towards the north.  Any Torontonians with advice on how to handle this? The calls would be mostly to Vaughan, Peel, or Toronto.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@BooRadley wrote:

Hello,

Im starting off and got the $25 unlimitted plan with 500gb of data.  I wasn't sure what to do with the long distance add on so I left it blank.  My question is, what is considered a long distance area code?  We have so many here: 416, 647, 905, 289, and some of these area codes are split towards the southern part of the province and some towards the north.  Any Torontonians with advice on how to handle this? The calls would be mostly to Vaughan, Peel, or Toronto.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter. Your plan has calling to any Canadian location.

If you want to know, calling from Toronto to all 416, 647, 437 are local.  For calls from Toronto to 905, 289, 365, some are local and some are long distance but it doesn't matter so why concern yourself with it?

@BooRadley wrote:

Thanks for all replies everyone, I really appreciate it. Just curious, why would anyone need that $5 LD canadian addons? 

First day on Public Mobile from Virgin and so far so good. I was a bit skeptical at first, but now am wondering why I didnt do it sooner.

If you have the $25 Canada wide Unlimted Calling plan...you won't need the $5 add-on.

There are other LD add-on available for use calling to US for 200 minutes ($8) or the 400 minutes of International Calling add-on ($15 for 19 different countries). These are both available for your use while you're in Canada.

If you need talk/text and/or data for use while in USA, there's only a 10 Day US Roaming add-on available.

No other options available at PM for roaming outside of US.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BooRadley wrote:

Thanks for all replies everyone, I really appreciate it. Just curious, why would anyone need that $5 LD canadian addons? 

First day on Public Mobile from Virgin and so far so good. I was a bit skeptical at first, but now am wondering why I didnt do it sooner.

For those on older provincial plans (no longer available), those on the old $10 plan (no longer available) and those on the $15 plan that is limited to 100 minutes outgoing.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

BooRadley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@BooRadley 

Most off calls outside canada are long distance (some 18xx in usa seem to be going through though), everything in Canada is included.

Did you sign up for autopay?

Not only will your bill go down by $2 but it will also double your data.

I'm using a card that has very small balance ( about $4 at the moment and most of the time except possibly the day that i plan to pay since bills) nobody will bother to take under $4, im not expecting any surprises. I actually don't use autopay, i pay manually and still have option of using voucher, but i still get the benefit of autopay rewards. 

Welcome to public mobile

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BooRadley  The $25 plan includes unlimited Canada wide minutes so  with your phone you can make and receive calls from anywhere within Canada for free.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@BooRadley The $25 plan is unlimited calling Canada Wide as long as you are calling from inside Canada.

If your phone number tells you the call is long distance, but you know it's in Canada, just ignore the message and let the call go through OR put +1 in front of the number and you will not get the message.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@BooRadley The $25 plan is unlimited calling Canada Wide as long as you are calling from inside Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.