cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance charges

KarenMD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I don't have a long distance add on plan and receive a call from Scotland, does anyone know what the per minute charge would be?

12 REPLIES 12

@applesauce wrote:

What happens if I am on a Canada only plan and I call the USA by accident?

The call will fail unless you have a long distance add-on that includes calling the U.S.

applesauce

What happens if I am on a Canada only plan and I call the USA by accident?

@DDM69 wrote:

Are all of these included in our free 500 minutes from the free giveaway? 

International Long Distance Minutes

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

The following details are provided at: More is merrier (publicmobile.ca)

"International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela."

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are all of these included in our free 500 minutes from the free giveaway? 

International Long Distance Minutes

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

DDM69

Okay I'll look into that.  I had no idea.  Thanks

@DDM69 wrote:

I thought that 500 minutes of long distance was only for Canada / US calling within North America.

The $5 500 minute add-on only includes Canadian long distance (no minutes to call the U.S.).

The free 500 minute add-on includes many more countries.

DDM69

I thought that 500 minutes of long distance was only for Canada / US calling within North America.

KarenMD

Excellent! thanks!

KarenMD

That is great!

Thanks!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@KarenMD isn't this great, free unlimited incoming calls! So, you can text them internationally and ask them to call you, and you don't have to pay a cent! 

If you haven't done so, don't forget to add-on the freebie deal for the '$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US' Which means, you can call Scotland for 500 minutes for free....the promo does end on December 31st. 

See here how to add it.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@KarenMD wrote:

If I don't have a long distance add on plan and receive a call from Scotland, does anyone know what the per minute charge would be?

You can receive calls from anywhere with no charge to you (unless a collect call and ho would that work with PM)  All long distance charges would be on the call initiation end and not the receiving

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@KarenMD wrote:

That's not a long distance for you to receive the call, and there will be no extra charge.  It doesn't matter for you where someone is calling you from.

Need Help? Let's chat.