cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance calling.

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have hundreds of International min and hundreds of National long distance min in my account yet when i try to call a 450 number which is long distance, but in my province I get a message saying it can't make the call and to add, I guess long distance min (National &/or International) to my account yet i have plenty of both National & International min so why isn't it working and yes I'm putting a 1 than area code and finally number. Doesn't work one way or another.

To whom it may concern like a mod fr example thx in advance and hopefully this can be resolved asap.

Oh and glad to say I've been with PM for about 15 years. So far I've been very satisfied with PM.

Thanks again !

Chris

30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW : I don't have an explanation. It just tells me that PM is not at fault. That it's not their problem. Scammers gonna scam. Spammers gonna spam. They will find tricks and workarounds to skirt the system. Answer if you like. Or ignore. Or realize you were unable. I have also in the past tried to call back a missed call. I don't bother anymore. Someone legit will call back or leave a message.

Edit: It's that there's some value in that solution around here. Someone suggested it. They deserve the solution to the issue.

@ApatheticFloW 

You only got one call today? Lucky you! I'm on my 9th spoofed number today....I've kept Lenny very busy!!

Edit:

You can just leave your thread unsolved and let an Oracle decide who gets the solution.

All legit looking numbers.....all spoofed.

Screenshot_20211118-165544.png

ApatheticFloW

Frowned upon. Lol 

Can you explain to me why i get same message using my cell and home fun ive never ever seen that before.

Plus all scam numbers always have random area codes indicating there coming from within Canada and rhis wasn't the case it's an actual legit looking number. 450 means it's off the Island of Montreal like south shore and north shore of Mtl. Sometimes depending on distance it can be considered long distance and other times it isn't.

Ultimately your right I should of teied calling from my home phone,but the reason I didn't was because I didn't want me number displayed unlike my cell where I can block my number from appearing.

Go ahead and /lock this thread at this point.

P.s I think it's still a good idea posting when were not sure because it can always leed to something none of us are aware of or something new altogether.

When in doubt post and don't be worried about being frowned upon 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW : It's kinda frowned upon to give oneself the solution. Back on page 2 user Meow offered the idea of trying a different phone.

And to all those saying ask the CSA's all too quickly...this is exactly why some of us prefer to try to get to the bottom of the issue before saying talk to the CSA's.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

The number is (450)914-6020

Yes I'm able to call other 'long distance' numbers without any issues or the message I get when dialing the above number.  I wonder who the hell this is.

I get so many calls from spoofed numbers it's ridiculous. Half of them if not most is a scam. I block and delete these numbers that don't leave a message except for a link for me to follow and I never do I block and delete permanently.

Thx everyone I believe this is resolved  so you can lock/close this thread.

@ApatheticFloW 

that number is not working and is scam and fake and as i say to you before

never call back just ignore and delete, a lot scam call going. be careful...

ApatheticFloW

The number is (450)914-6020

Yes I'm able to call other 'long distance' numbers without any issues or the message I get when dialing the above number.  I wonder who the hell this is.

I get so many calls from spoofed numbers it's ridiculous. Half of them if not most is a scam. I block and delete these numbers that don't leave a message except for a link for me to follow and I never do I block and delete permanently.

Thx everyone I believe this is resolved  so you can lock/close this thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

I tried clicking on the number and entered it manually with and without the 1.

Now im gonna attempt to call cia my phone line.

UPDATE

Wow so let me start by apologising to everyone because i should of tried from my home phone in order to make sure it's not my cell and/or my plan that is causing this issue and low and behold the weirdest thing cause when i call frkm my home phone I get the same message 

'Your account has insufficient balance to complete this call please recharge your account'

Wtf that's really weird so it def it the number that's the issue and not my plan/account. I've never seen or heard this before today.

@ApatheticFloW 

if you don't mind
can you post that number ?

also can you try make call to another Long Distance just test to anywhere in canada.

@ApatheticFloW  you made me curious what number is that. ..mind to share the number?  

ApatheticFloW

I tried clicking on the number and entered it manually with and without the 1.

Now I'm gonna attempt to call via my phone line.

UPDATE

Wow so let me start by apologising to everyone because I should of tried from my home phone in order to make sure it's not my cell and/or my plan that is causing this issue and low and behold the weirdest thing cause when I call from my home phone I get the same message 

'Your account has insufficient balance to complete this call please recharge your account'

Wtf that's really weird so it def is the number that's the issue and not my plan/account. I've never seen or heard this before today.

Let me start by thanking all of you for your quick responses and how eager you guys are in terms of helping a fellow PM member.

I should of tried calling via another cell or my home phone before creating this thread. Lesson learnt.

Thx again everybody 🙂

@ApatheticFloW  Possible it's not a real number?  Did you just Call back by clicking on the missed call instead of  you manually dial? 

Scammer these days could have set the name to be a number but the actual number is a long distance.  And PM Long distance does not call everywhere, that Long Distance could be from some small country which is not part of PM Long distance list

If you don't care, post the number here

or if you really want to try calling, try with an VoIP App, TextNow and see if you can make the call via the app

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW : Oh! Maybe it's a junk call spoofing a bad number. I wouldn't waste the time. If they couldn't be bothered to leave a message then you probably don't know them or they'll call back or contact you some other way.

Can you try the number on another phone service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

That's a good question cause it's a missed call I received today and I'm attempting to call them back & see who/what number this pertains to.

@ApatheticFloW 

never call back just ignore and delete, a lot scam call going. be careful...

then you Add-on is fine and your account good...

ApatheticFloW

That's a good question cause it's a missed call I received today and I'm attempting to call them back & see who/what number this pertains to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW : If you're able to do other calls then clearly there's a problem with that number.

Are you straight-dialing or using a contact? Maybe try the other.

Are you hiding your number? Some places have different responses to seeing a hidden number.

All those minutes don't enter into it when you have the base plan. You're being understandably confused by the recording.

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

Yes I can call other 450 numbers.

So, it is one particular 450 number you cannot call (or I got mixed up,  the number you cannot call is not in the 450 area code?)

if it is down to one 450 number, is that a business number or a friend's number?

ApatheticFloW

Yes I can call other 450 numbers.

Yes I rebooted. Powered down and removed sim and put it back in and restarted phone. 

I also switched to gsm,cdma and everyother option and still nothing.

I tried with a 1 before area code and without the 1. Nothing same problem.

And as everyone can see my screen**bleep** proves I have plenty of min via long distance, national and international.

So at this point i guess I'll need to contact cs_agent as per the comment above.  

I'll keep this thread active until it's resolved.

Thank you everyone for your quick reies even though it's still not working I do appreciate the help.

@ApatheticFloW , you account is Active and you have $25 plan and I believe you have the Canada-Wide $25 plan (unless you upgraded to the Provincial Wide $25 plan which offered briefly earlier this year and you are calling between provinces)

you tried reboot your phone? you tried putting a 1 in front of the 10 digits and manually dial the call?  

Can you try calling ANY other 450 number? maybe a business in that area?  Just want to make sure that is not an issue with one particular 450 number

ApatheticFloW

Just did so everyone can see I'm not crazy.  Lol well sometimes.

Every current PM plan is Canada-wide minutes.

What plan do you have?

Are you able to call that number from any other phone (land line, other provider)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

Tried everything mentioned and still same thing.

I get the ' Your account has insufficient balance to place this call please recharge your account'

Man I have plenty of National and International min available.

Let me take a screenshot and post it here if i can figure it out.

@ApatheticFloW 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

ApatheticFloW

Tried everything mentioned and still same thing.

I get the ' Your account has insufficient balance to place this call please recharge your account'

Man I have plenty of National and International min available.

Let me take a screenshot and post it here if i can figure it out.

Screenshot_20211118-184718_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211118-185021_Gallery.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW 

so for public mobile in market since 2010,
maybe you have a province-wide minutes,
if you like to change your plan to Unlimited Canada-wide minutes,
is much better for you.

or maybe you buy it a wrong Add-on and you have to check it out,

and the right Add-on you need to buy it for 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance = $5.00

for 300 International Long Distance Minutes = $15 is not working in canada..

and you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, to them take out and put it the right Add-on..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

3rd time reply.. not sure what's wrong and it keep moved to unmoderated items

hTideGnow_0-1637275529331.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ApatheticFloW 

a few questions:

1. On your self-serve, if you click on Plan Details  does it display "Unlimited Canada-wide talk"
  2. Which specific plan are you on? 
  3. Can you call other numbers within that same area code, or just certain ones?

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to hear your tenure with PM and you are happy. 

Is your current plan without the bonus is province-wide call minutes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

I'm in Quebec (Montreal) and I'm attempting to call here in the same province but it's long distance from Montreal and like i said i have plenty of National and International min sonit should work no matter what.

I'll follownthe steps recommended abive and attempt to reset/reboot my phonr. Take out the sim card put it back in amd follow abive instructions and I'll let you guys know if it works or not.

I have a Samsung A8 using Android.

Thx for the quick responses now let me try to resolve this and I'll let you guys know if it works or not.

@ApatheticFloW 

sorry do you have a 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance = $5.00

or you have 300 International Long Distance Minutes = $15
Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela..

check it out...

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

I have hundreds of International min and hundreds of National long distance min in my account yet when i try to call a 450 number which is long distance, but in my province I get a message saying it can't make the call and to add, I guess long distance min (National &/or International) to my account yet i have plenty of both National & International min so why isn't it working and yes I'm putting a 1 than area code and finally number. Doesn't work one way or another.

To whom it may concern like a mod fr example thx in advance and hopefully this can be resolved asap.

Oh and glad to say I've been with PM for about 15 years. So far I've been very satisfied with PM.

Thanks again !

Chris

@ApatheticFloW 

Can you post a screenshot of your list of minutes and add-ons?

ApatheticFloW

I'm in Quebec (Montreal) and I'm attempting to call here in the same province but it's long distance from Montreal and like i said i have plenty of National and International min sonit should work no matter what.

I'll follownthe steps recommended abive and attempt to reset/reboot my phonr. Take out the sim card put it back in amd follow abive instructions and I'll let you guys know if it works or not.

I have a Samsung A8 using Android.

Thx for the quick responses now let me try to resolve this and I'll let you guys know if it works or not.

Switched from lte to gsm than tried wsdma and it still says that i have 'Insufficient min to dial my call yet that's not the case i have plenty of both National & International min.

I'm more concerned about the message it's giving me and it's not like it just hangs up or doesn't dial it actually says I have insufficient min and to add mjn to my account.

Still need to reboot amd try a fre other options, but so far same message from PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW 

also which country you try to make call to !! and check out which Add-on you have !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ApatheticFloW 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service.

Need Help? Let's chat.