cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance add-on problem

Turtluv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a text saying I only have 10 min. of LD left on my phone.  I have a long-distance add-on.  200 US and Canada LD minutes.  I also have unlimited talk in Canada.  I have been trying to go through my usage but it will take a lifetime to sort through texts, incoming calls, etc.  I cannot see how I could have used my 200 minutes but neither can I find a way of confirming this.  Where do I go from here?  I do not want to purchase another add-on, if it's not necessary.

27 REPLIES 27

Turtluv

Thank you so much for everyone's help.  The moderator solved my problem.  It was an add-on for 200 min that, when it was used up, it's gone.  Problem solved!

Turtluv

I did as suggested. Scrolled through 550 pgs. No way that there 200 min unless they count me calling a 1-800 to place orders, etc. 

@Turtluv wrote:

The link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Long-Distance-add-on-problem/m-p/484474...

just takes me back to my original message and the thread.

No, it takes you to @ChuckYeah's first message in this thread.

Turtluv

Turtluv

I'll try it again using Destination, etc.  I'll see what happens.

Turtluv

No.  I just got the add on "just in case".

Turtluv

I'm 5 hours from the border.  😞

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Turtluv wrote:

Thank you! Thank you!  Couldn't see that question mark for the life of me and there it was, hiding in the bottom right corner.  LOL  Let's see if the bot can help. 🙂

Try this while you wait for a reply. It may give you some insight and possibly a place to negotiate/argue from.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Long-Distance-add-on-problem/m-p/484474...

"Destination Location" worked best for me as most of my calls were to or from one province. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Turtluv  Do you make calls to the US?

@gblackma wrote:

Your link goes to the page 1 of this problem. Please fix it. Thanks.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Turtluv wrote:

Thank you! Thank you!  Couldn't see that question mark for the life of me and there it was, hiding in the bottom right corner.  LOL  Let's see if the bot can help. 🙂

Try this while you wait for a reply. It may give you some insight and possibly a place to negotiate/argue from.

Sorry, @gblackma but for me it goes to my earlier post. This is what I want the OP to try. I just thought it may have been missed in all the replies. All of which are important too of course.

Your link goes to the page 1 of this problem. Please fix it. Thanks.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Turtluv wrote:

@Turtluv wrote:

Turtluv

No, it just means that the text came through before my step mom called from California, I guess.

Turtluv

Yes.  When I look at "My Plan" it shows I have 2 min. left on LD.

So from the time you first to now, you lost 8 minutes. Is it possible that there is some app on your phone that is doing this? Do you by chance live near the border and have Roaming enabled? 

@Turtluv wrote:

Yes.  And mine says I have 2 min. left on my add-on LD.  But I can't see where I've used all that time up. 

Turtluv

Turtluv

Yes.  And mine says I have 2 min. left on my add-on LD.  But I can't see where I've used all that time up. 

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data). Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png

@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.

Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.

privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Clicking on the green  questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of yout screen connects you to Simon the autobot. Typing "moderator " and following the prompts  gets you to one.

@Turtluv wrote:

I'm sorry.  I'm new to the Community and now sure what you mean by Simon the ?tionmark.

Turtluv

Thanks so much.  I've already tried that.  To search through 3 months of info would take forever.  I was already at it for about 15 min. and only came up with a 10 min call to California.

Turtluv

I'm sorry.  I'm new to the Community and now sure what you mean by Simon the ?tionmark.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Turtluv I had this question on the weekend but it had to do with data. It may not work as well for outgoing calling but you can try it.

Go into your self serve and view your usage. Use the >> arrows to scan through the entire list of your usage. Then using the headers SORT the data in order. You can sort by:

Usage Type, Duration, Call Type, Destination number or Destination location. All will give you different results.

One click will give you ascending and two clicks decending. Give it a try and see if you get data that's easier to track.

My mom called my phone and forgot to hang up. She burned 9 minutes connected to my voicemail. Lol. You can always contact a moderator using Simon the ?tionmark below type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. Especially because of your package. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Turtluv wrote:

The actualy wording is:  Public Mobile here.  You have 10 minutes left on your long distance add-on. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

I got the same alert text message too.  The alert text message is only for the plan minutes usage only. 

I have the $10 50/50 plan. I have 7 minutes left for the current cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    0.034  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    0  /  400 MIN
    50 International Outgoing Texts and Unlimited Incoming Texts
    34  /  50 Unit
    Limited Canada-Wide Talk
    43  /  50 MIN

Turtluv

The actualy wording is:  Public Mobile here.  You have 10 minutes left on your long distance add-on. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Have you confirmed this through my plan? 

@Turtluv wrote:

I received a text saying I only have 10 min. of LD left on my phone.  I have a long-distance add-on.  200 US and Canada LD minutes.  I also have unlimited talk in Canada.  I have been trying to go through my usage but it will take a lifetime to sort through texts, incoming calls, etc.  I cannot see how I could have used my 200 minutes but neither can I find a way of confirming this.  Where do I go from here?  I do not want to purchase another add-on, if it's not necessary.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Turtluv wrote:

The warning text message is for your plan minutes only.  PM will not send out alert message for  add-ons. (Correct me if I am wrong).

I have the $10 50/50 plan.  I got the alert text message even I have the free Christmas 400 minutes international minutes.which can be used for Canada calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.