cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Rollover Minutes

Murphcrud1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I do not use all of my allotted LD minutes to the US,  as an 'addon',  will they rollover to next month if I now eliminate the 'addon' from my plan?  Will they remain in my account until I use them?

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@marpy wrote:

yes I read that.It says  "International countries include" and I am not sure that excludes all other countries.

You can certainly _get_ calls from there. Depending on their phone system and the fact they're in range of Venezuela...maybe just maybe.

But yes the list is it.

marpy

they list international minutes separately from US long distance minutes.

@marpy  Yes it excludes all other countries.

marpy

yes I read that.It says  "International countries include" and I am not sure that excludes all other countries.

@marpy  No they do not.

International countries include: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

@marpy wrote:

Do long distance minutes work in Trinidad?

Public Mobile does not have service unless you're in Canada or the U.S. (use in the U.S. requires a roaming add-on or a plan that includes U.S. roaming).

marpy

Do long distance minutes work in Trinidad?

marpy

my understanding is that as long as you are a Public Mobile customer, the minutes stay on your account till consumed.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

If I do not use all of my allotted LD minutes to the US,  as an 'addon',  will they rollover to next month if I now eliminate the 'addon' from my plan?  Will they remain in my account until I use them?

In Plain everyday English, as long as you keep paying your Regular 30 day plan fees your Canadian Add ons are a one time Buy and it remains on your account until it's all used up. Even if it takes years for you to use them. Again any Canadian Add ons are a one time buy and remain on your Account until they are all used up as long as you keep paying your 30 day plan fees.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM and koodo do addons differently from say bell or rogers. 

PM and koodo addons never expires, you do a one time payment and you can use them until used up. This is true except for the US roaming addons. 

Other companies addons expires in normally 30 or 365 days.

Koodo US roaming addons are better than PM though, they don't expire.

Edit: for other companies, you can extend the expiry of unused addons by buying more. PM and koodo does not have this concept of rolling over addons. 

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

Then what posessed you to reply ----- again?

@dabr wrote:

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

Why would you want to eliminate a long distance add-on?  It doesn't renew automatically. Removing it won't get any money back either.

Wasn't expecting any money back !!!

Just didn't want to keep paying for it and keep acculating additional minutes ---- that I will probably never use.  I did not realize that if I wanted this addon that it was only a per month purchase and if I wanted additional minutes after the initial allotment were used, I would then have to do another 'buy'.  I prefer their method as opposed to what I thought would happen.

Add-ons are a one-time purchase but stay on your account until you've used up all of the minutes/data on it.  You will not be charged again for it, unless you do another purchase.

Edit:  I see your question has already been answered quite clearly several times in this thread.

Hmm...my mistake in not reading the thread before replying.  Hope that answers your question!

Murphcrud1

Then what posessed you to reply ----- again?

@dabr wrote:

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

Why would you want to eliminate a long distance add-on?  It doesn't renew automatically. Removing it won't get any money back either.

Just didn't want to keep paying for it and keep acculating additional minutes ---- that I will probably never use.  I did not realize that if I wanted this addon that it was only a per month purchase and if I wanted additional minutes after the initial allotment were used, I would then have to do another 'buy'.  I prefer their method as opposed to what I thought would happen.

Add-ons are a one-time purchase but stay on your account until you've used up all of the minutes/data on it.  You will not be charged again for it, unless you do another purchase.

Edit:  I see your question has already been answered quite clearly several times in this thread.

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

Murphcrud1

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

As long as your base plan stays Active...the LD add-ons you purchase stay active until you use them up.

That doesn't include the 10 day US roaming add-on...only lasts 10 days.

@geopublic wrote:

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

@Murphcrud1  Yes, they will continue to rollover each month until they have been used up. Add-on are one time purchases and the minutes will never expire until all used up.

@Murphcrud1  It's a hard concept to wrap your head around when you come to public mobile. There's no catch....you don't have to cancel add ons,worry about overages or overbilling. You get what you pay for and when it's done it's done. The only thing you have to do is pay up front.

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Murphcrud1 , all the long distance add-on minutes are not time sensitive.  Each are one time purchases that stay in the account until consumed.  They do not disappear during renewals.  

Are you telling me that even if I discontinue my LD plan now, my minutes will remain from the original addon?  I have paid my bill paying for my LD 200 minutes but used only one minute.  I find that I will not be using many LD minutes so why would I buy more each proceeding month?  Please advise

@Murphcrud1 , buying long distance minutes doesn't change your base plan. It t remains as before any add-on purchase.  The add-on is meant to supplement the base features in your plan.  I have been a customer for nearly 3 years and I have only made 2 international long distance add-on purchases.  I still have minutes left over.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Murphcrud1 wrote:

@Murphcrud1  Yes, they will continue to rollover each month until they have been used up. Add-on are one time purchases and the minutes will never expire until all used up.

Murphcrud1

@will13am wrote:

@Murphcrud1 , all the long distance add-on minutes are not time sensitive.  Each are one time purchases that stay in the account until consumed.  They do not disappear during renewals.  

Are you telling me that even if I discontinue my LD plan now, my minutes will remain from the original addon?  I have paid my bill paying for my LD 200 minutes but used only one minute.  I find that I will not be using many LD minutes so why would I buy more each proceeding month?  Please advise

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.