cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Plan the the UK

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a active CAN/US long distance add-on. I just tried to phone the UK, and it claims I don't have the needed add-on.

Does the long distance plan include calls to UK mobiles?

It's a very important call! So any help would be nice!

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RogerI if you hate the two-step add-on purchase system as much as I do, please take a moment to review my idea here and click on the bravo button to vote it up:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step-....  Thanks!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for the update, we're glad to hear it @Roger1

Enjoy your new add-on and calls to the UK =D

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

RogerI

All working now. It was the old "pay it twice" problem. The first one adds the funds into the account. The second uses the funds to purchase the add-on.

Thanks for you help. I was able to make the call.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Roger1,

it seems like the add-on was not activated as the funds are still available on your account! Simply purchase the add-on and let us know how it goes. If you require any help with this, I could definitely do it for you 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

RogerI

OK, I now understand. I have added the $15 add-on. 

So now I have both the $8 and $15 ones. (I hope they work together).

However, I STILL can't make the call. And really need to.

How long does it take to have the add-on become active?

To me it's worth the $15, since the this call is important.

RogerI

Thank you. You are correct, only the $15 add-on includes the International calls.

It should be a little clearer. I now have both the $8 and the $15 add-on. So, I should be good.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @RogerI,

thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't able to make any calls to the UK. to make sure that we're all on the same page, yes - UK is covered by our 15$, international minutes LD add-on (not the 8$ add-on), I have received your private message and will look into it shortly, please allow me a few moments 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

@RogerIAre you sure you have the international LD not the North america LD? 

it is different.  If basic north america long distance, you can not call UK.

RogerI

I agree, I believe this should work. And it would be nice if it did.

@Shazia_K

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@RogerI  Thats odd, i dont beleive there are any exempted numbers for that.  The add-on includes international calling.

i foudn this in the forum, UK is definiitely included.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/m-...

Need Help? Let's chat.