cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Charges

Tarann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
"Long distance charges may apply" message when dialing within the province. However in the last few days when I dial outside my local area, I get a message saying long distance charges may apply. I alway hang up.I just wanted to know why am I getting these messages when my plan is province wide.

4 REPLIES 4

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also, if you do not have a LongDistance add-on, the call will not go through, period. So if the call goes through, it is inlcuded. 

But ya - it's a pain

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is normal. Also, since PM is prepaid, if it is really is long distance (out of province or country) you would not be connected, if you did not have a LD add-on. So, just ignore the message. That's one of the good things about PM, if you can make the call, the cost is already covered.

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Its a prepaid plan, you cant call outside your local area.

For long distance inside my province, i always have this message, its normal, i think its a telus warning or something like that.

Need more help?

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is standard.

Every call outside your city is "long distance" however your plan covers province wide, so let the call go through (or put 1 first to ignore that message). 

If your plan does not have a long distance package the call will NOT go through since PM is a pre-paid service. you will not be billed for anything after the fact. If you do not have you do not get to use, simple.

Need Help? Let's chat.