cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Add on not working -

sly_sloth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi - I have only used 27 min of my 200 long distance, but I am getting a message saying I have no funds available any time I try to call a long distance number.

How do I get this fixed ASAP w/o adding more funds.

21 REPLIES 21

As others have suggested contact a mod to have them look into your account before bailing on PM.

If it is an overload issue due to the covid crisis all you can do is try phoning again. I don't think that moving to one of the big 3 is going to solve this problem as PM uses Telus towers.

Has your base plan expired...those add-ons work as long as your plan stays active. When is your plan renewal date ?  More info and I'm sure we can help you get up and running again.

If you decide to leave for one of the Big 3...get your wallet ready !!

sly_sloth

Screenshot_20200319-142220_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wtf is this **bleep**.  I wouldn't even accept something like this if it were free. Getting a ported big 3 number later today.

@gblackma wrote:

There has been capacity issues due to the current civic 19 epidemic. The only thing to do is hang up and try again.

Try again..... 😉  🤣 

sly_sloth

Piss off.

I was able to make a call 6 weeks ago and am now having the same problem.

@sly_sloth Did you actually buy the addon? Or is the funds sitting in your account as a credit? There has been capacity issues due to the current civic 19 epidemic. The only thing to do is hang up and try again.

In the meantime add TextNow and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts for free .

@sly_sloth wrote:

Its **bleep**ing doing it again.

I put money on my account 6 weeks ago and made maybe 10 mins of calls.

I put more money on my account and I still dont have long distance within canada. 

This needs to be fixed or I'm cancelling.

Clearly, you DIDN'T contact the Moderator team last time this was going on..... maybe take people's advice, and do so this time. If you're so inclined, let us know what the problem turns out to be, and what the outcome is.

sly_sloth

Its **bleep**ing doing it again.

I put money on my account 6 weeks ago and made maybe 10 mins of calls.

I put more money on my account and I still dont have long distance within canada. 

This needs to be fixed or I'm cancelling.

@sly_sloth wrote:

trying to call onteribble from nova scotia.

message says no funds

@sly_sloth  Put your phone in airplane mode wait for 15 minutes turn off airplane mode and try the call again. If it doesn't work send the moderators a private message and ask them to reset your account.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@sly_sloth unfortunately , there is no such thing here at PM. You are stuck with us and the moderators.  To get a person to talk to the short answer is switch companies.  To fix this now add the 500 minute $5 add on.

He already has the 200 add-on. Maybe adding that one would trigger other things to happen similar to adding a dollar but it shouldn't be necessary.

@sly_sloth unfortunately , there is no such thing here at PM. You are stuck with us and the moderators.  To get a person to talk to the short answer is switch companies.  To fix this now add the 500 minute $5 add on.

@sly_sloth wrote:

how to do i talk to a person who can check my account and help me?

no chat bots or submitting tickets.

i just want this fixed now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sly_sloth wrote:

message says no funds

Alrighty then. That is troublesome. Funds seems peculiar. Would you be interested in manually adding a dollar into your account and restarting the phone? (assuming you have a payment card on file)

sly_sloth

message says no funds

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sly_sloth wrote:

There's no talking to anybody. You need to go through the ticket method. Going through the bot might lead you to simply sending a private message and that would likely work.

Are you sure the message is saying something about funds?

And again where are you trying to call? There are also a handful of numbers that we can't call. Let us know what area code and prefix you're trying to call.

sly_sloth

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sly_sloth wrote:

Hi - I have only used 27 min of my 200 long distance, but I am getting a message saying I have no funds available any time I try to call a long distance number.

What plan are you on? Where are you trying to call?

@sly_sloth 

One more thing, you are calling USA, right? Other countries are not included in. 200 add-on.

You wood need 400 add-on for other countries listed, and only the ones on the list would be included, it's a pretty short list.

For countries not on the list you will need to use some other service. Either a card or something like Internetcalls.

@sly_sloth wrote:

27 minutes of 200 - account is not suspended.

Please contact moderatorshttps://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

sly_sloth

27 minutes of 200 - account is not suspended.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sly_sloth 

What is your status when you login?

What does the overview page say how many minutes where used? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sly_sloth wrote:

Is you account suspended?

Need Help? Let's chat.