cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Add on for Iceland

fenwickj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know there is an add on for 300 international minutes and Iceland is one of the countries.  I am not clear on a few details so I’m hoping you can help out.  If I am in Iceland can I make calls to another phone # in Iceland?  Do these 300 minutes expire?

4 REPLIES 4

If you have Wi-Fi, calls to Iceland using the TextNow app appear to be free. A local SIM would probably a much more functional solution while there though.

@fenwickj wrote:

I know there is an add on for 300 international minutes and Iceland is one of the countries.  I am not clear on a few details so I’m hoping you can help out.  If I am in Iceland can I make calls to another phone # in Iceland?  Do these 300 minutes expire?

Long distance add-on can only be used while you're in Canada. 

Your Public Mobile service will not work unless you if you're in Canada or if you have a roaming add-on and you're in the United States (not services available anywhere else).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The long distance add-on is only for calling while you are in Canada. The long distance add-on remains in your account until they have been used up. PM only offers roaming in the US.  You would either need to purchase a local sim or use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow, Skype, or Signal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fenwickj : Public Mobile services only work while in Canada or using roaming add-ons in the states. Nowhere else.

Add-ons do not expire. They stay on your account until consumed.

Need Help? Let's chat.