cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local texting issues after expired U.S. roaming add-on

Walley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Visited the U.S. recently and bought a roaming package. Shortly after the package expired, I am unable to receive local texts. Friends indicate they have received texts from me but I can’t receive from them.

have the identical issue on my wife’s phone.

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cavemantoronto wrote

What's next? If someone buys a long distance add-on, local calls stop working? Cheap is good but customers have limits.

@cavemantoronto absolutely everyone has their own threshholds.  Should yours be exceeded, you can alwasy decide to vote with your wallet and select another provider.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

This bug still isn"t fixed?  If Public Mobile can't fix this by now, I believe they'd be better off to stop offering these roaming packages. A customer losing part of the service because of such a long standing issue isn't acceptable.

@cavemantoronto sadly nobody is leaving over this issue.  Fixing it would cost money, and not fixing it is inexpensive.  

What's next? If someone buys a long distance add-on, local calls stop working? Cheap is good but customers have limits.

srlawren

@cavemantoronto wrote:

This bug still isn"t fixed?  If Public Mobile can't fix this by now, I believe they'd be better off to stop offering these roaming packages. A customer losing part of the service because of such a long standing issue isn't acceptable.

@cavemantoronto sadly nobody is leaving over this issue.  Fixing it would cost money, and not fixing it is inexpensive.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Walley wrote:

If it’s a know bug, I wonder why they don’t fix it. Seems logical.

@GR wrote:

@Walley  I hope that this bug is on their list of things to fix sooner rather than later! 

@Walley @GR well yes, wouldn't this be wonderful!  However, this bug has been around since the US Roaming add-ons were introduced in Nov of 2016.  So uhm, don't hold your breath while you wait for a systematic resolution! 

Good question...that many have wondered. If you come back from US early and still have time on the add-on, just pm the moderators to shut off the add-on. They'll do that and the glitch doesn't occur.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Walley  I hope that this bug is on their list of things to fix sooner rather than later! 

Walley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If it’s a know bug, I wonder why they don’t fix it. Seems logical.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Simon says...give it 12 hours and all will be well again. Just one of those PM glitches after the US Roaming add-on expires.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Walley  unfortunately that is a known bug of the public mobile system!  If it's today that you can't receive text it means by tomorrow it will work.  It's the day after the 10day roaming package that this happens! Just hold tight and tomorrow it will be back to normal, you can restart the phones tomorrow morning just incase! 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I believe only moderators can help

Need Help? Let's chat.