cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local calls cannot be completed

peterfromottawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello forum,

Every time I try to call a local number (area code 647, my area code is 416) I am informed that I need a long distance plan. I have available minutes (unlimited provincial talk) but the call cannot be completed as dialed. Other responses on this forum have suggested purchasing more talk time but this should be unnecessary as I have a talk plan. 

Any advice or fixes would be appreciated.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@peterfromottawa

you had mentioned you have an unlimited provincial talk, which the first impression is that is you on a grand-fathered plan with provincial talk. If you change your plan, to one of the newer ones, you would have unlimited Canada-wide talk.

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 3.12.29 PM.png

The only thing that may be the deal-breaker is your 90-day plan that you could be on? But, you can still pay in the same amount and leave it in your account. I did change from a 90-day to a 30 day, with an increase in data. So, this would also be another bonus for you. Unlimited Canada-wide talk and more data?

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@jimbobs 

If @peterfromottawa is from Ottawa it would be the 613 area code the 416 area code is Toronto.

Edit: Whoops ignore that apparently @peterfromottawa is calling from Toronto.

It was his username that caused me to ask the question 😁

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@peterfromottawa if you're still having issues you can message customer support here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

@jimbobs 

If @peterfromottawa is from Ottawa it would be the 613 area code the 416 area code is Toronto.

Edit: Whoops ignore that apparently @peterfromottawa is calling from Toronto.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you actually in 416 area code when attempting the call or outside that area?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@peterfromottawa wrote:

Hello forum,

Every time I try to call a local number (area code 647, my area code is 416) I am informed that I need a long distance plan. I have available minutes (unlimited provincial talk) but the call cannot be completed as dialed. Other responses on this forum have suggested purchasing more talk time but this should be unnecessary as I have a talk plan. 

Any advice or fixes would be appreciated.

Thanks!

@peterfromottawa  Double check the number you are calling. Try calling the number directly instead of using your contacts. If the number is correct just add 1 in from of the number, in fact do that all the numbers in your contacts.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@peterfromottawa 

Try manually entering the number on your dialer app: 1 + area code + phone number.

If you still hear the recorded message, after the recording finishes, does it complete your call?

BTW PM offers new plans from time to time. You may want to consider updating your plan if one of them is better suited for your needs: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@peterfromottawa 

You may just need to restart.

Turn your phone off, oull out the SIM.

Put the SIM back in then turn it on again. 

There might be a bug. If restarting your phone doesnt work.

You can also go and reset your network provider by selecting a different betwork. Then going back in and reselecting Public Mobile. 

Cheers

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing 1 + area code + phone#.  At try rebooting your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@peterfromottawa Restart your phone and try dialing a 1 in front of the number.  Since you have Provincial wide calling add a 1 to all your address book contacts.Stay safe. Welcome to the community. 

Need Help? Let's chat.