cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Live Chat" pop-up -

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just noticed a PM Live Chat pop-up.  Can one use this live chat option for help?

17 REPLIES 17

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Use an adblocker and/or scriptblocker to kill annoyances. (And to increase performance a little, and to bolster privacy a little, and to consume a lot less data!)

Any decent software will let you hold-click obnoxious items to add them as blocked objects or custom filters or whatever. And will let you enable/disable their functions on a quick slider so you can always "enjoy" full website scripting functionality when needed but without being terribly inconvenienced.

I use Brave (an open chromium-based browser) and AdBlock Plus. Simon's overlay stubbornly and immovably insisted on being in my face and occupying my typing box, I couldn't see half of my own typing, so he got slapped into the blocked trashpile where he belongs. I feel sorry for anyone who'd have to actually interact with Simon deliberately on a similar smartphone interface, it's frustrating and completely stupid instead of helpful and half-stupid.

Sorry, iDon't iPhone so no idea which apps are good or bad choices on iOS. I am confident that Apple's built-in browser/blocker apps are basically just as useless as Google's and Samsung's and everyone else's Android counterpart apps when it comes to keeping out monetized surfing and shopping (and spying) - installing better apps (for free) is always an option worth trying.

https://7labs.io/mobile/ad-blocker-android-ios.html

BEER

OK -- thanks for heads up - will do ASAP.

lol 😂

@BEER 

if porting, only use the account number(make sure this is the correct number. there shouldn't be any letters, just numbers) and pin(voicemail password) from the previous provider

anytime you're proceeding to the next page and its loading keep wiggling your mouse curser so the system doesn't hang. do this till the next page loads.

when registering your credit card use all capital letters. after clicking "process payment" don't forget to keep wiggling your mouse 👍

then insert your sim, reset your network settings and restart your phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! Success. Got blocked by another user.

Jeez.

I guess you won't see this response but however...

re: been here a while - was about you ought to know how to look up and find answers. you would have easily found out the time delay in re-trying an activation.

re: another SIM - of course not

re: fishing - we read about people getting deluged with referral codes. So you having been here a while, I wondered if maybe you were seeing who was sending referral codes unsolicited. Not me.

re: maybe or not do - I prefer to use uncertain terminology rather than asserting something that might be wrong. I perceive it to be more polite as well rather than TELLING someone.

But oh well...you won't see this. But I can explain my position for others to see who's being rational. Hint: maybe it's not me.

Don't forget to block me in Tsawwassen too. And all your other beverages.

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

Um. You've been here a while. You're not new. You know what you need to do. I guess you're trying to activate another SIM beyond what you already have.

Or maybe you're fishing for who sends you unsolicited referral codes.

Anyway...wait maybe an hour and try it again.

What are you again rambling about? 

1.Of-course I've been here for a while - but I don't daily activate SIM cards .

2. Of-course I'm trying to activate another Sim - (is that a crime?)

3. Don't understand what you mean by your  fishing comment. ( It takes one to know one --are you the one sending referral codes?)

4. Should I maybe wait for one hour or should I wait for one hour?

I wish that there was a way to block a member - is there?

😀Yup found it and activated it ---😁

😎Success! Added 'z10user4' to ignore list.😎

MillsOK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah probably best to do it on a computer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MillsOK 

Indeed, but the OP was trying on a phone and the pop-up was getting in his way. But then he has another problem.

MillsOK

You don't need live to chat to make an account

1. Go to activate link at top

2. Fill it out and pay

3. Insert sim card

The end!

@BEER the sim is locked. Wait 50 minutes from last attempt,  clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your SIM card.  

Here's 3 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:
1.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
2.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
3. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Anonymous
Not applicable

Um. You've been here a while. You're not new. You know what you need to do. I guess you're trying to activate another SIM beyond what you already have.

Or maybe you're fishing for who sends you unsolicited referral codes.

Anyway...wait maybe an hour and try it again.

@BEER 

Wait about one hour and try again.  

Clear cache or incognito mode on your web browser.  Sometimes that happens when you try too many times to activate a SIM card.  

BEER

Thinking of joining Public Mobile?Live Chat

WOW! Trying to set up a new PM account but  the live chat  pop up makes it very difficult. No matter how many times I close this pop-up it keeps on popping up covering my iPhones screen. After giving up using my phone I have just tried it on my MacBook and now I get messaged that my new SIM card is no longer valid. Now what ?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jessar12  this is incorrect.  They are there for. New customers wanting to activate a new line.  All support requests need to go through moderators.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BEER 

Live chat is for questions on how to activate a PM account.  

PM Kiosks are closed due to COVID-19.  The Kiosk employees are providing signup help.  They cannot help you on why you cannot call out question, port failure etc issues.  They will ask you to create a support ticket to get help.

Jessar12

Yes you can, they are available at practically any time and can answer any question you might have.

Live chat is not for existng customers. It is staffed by retail employees.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BEER at activation only. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.