cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time sale - $35 for $30

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if anyone saw this but the $35 plan with an extra 500 mb data (2 GB total) is on sale right now for $30 on the Plans page.  Unfortunately it's only for new activations, but a good deal nonetheless. 

Apologies if this has already been posted as I haven't had time to look through the threads.  😊

dabr_0-1596134281795.png

26 REPLIES 26

@Naepalm wrote:

@dabr 

this might be something they offer to the rest of customers at a later time like they did with the extra 500mb on the $35.00 plan. 

@Naepalm   According to the latest announcement from @Catherine_T it looks like PM has finally decided to do just that!   😊

@treefrog 

I guess the Niraj if the story is you can do it at your own risk

@dabr reported having everything on account without any problem after suspending long term then reactivating.

Somebody I know had the opposite experience with data and I witnessed it

So go into suspension at your own risk

Better yet, just funny rely on autopay and pay it manually, saves you the headache of reactivating or having dead phone when you really n need it. You can read stories here, almost every time it's days before people even realised that phone is off, they find out when it's last convenient

@Naepalm wrote:

@dabr 

this might be something they offer to the rest of customers at a later time like they did with the extra 500mb on the $35.00 plan. 

@Naepalm   Yes that could be possible but why not just make it available now as @gblackma has pointed out that the competition (Lucky Mobile) are offering that plan right now..

@totalUser wrote:

@dabr 

Just about two weeks, I believe LD minutes were still there but all her data is completely gone.

Do you suspend using lost/found or just remove payment info

@totalUser   I have just been removing my CC when I want to put that account into suspension and like I said yesterday, all the free gifts (summer/winter) are still there. 

@gblackma wrote:

@dabr I was looking to see what data only plan Lucky has for $15  and I found that for a limited time they are offering unlimited Canada wide  calling/ international picture  texting + 2gigs of data with autopay for $30. Sounds familiar? Stay safe.

@gblackma   I just took a look at that and yeah that is the same plan that PM seems to only make available in QC, although that makes no business sense to me.  I'm kinda surprised that PM hasn't made it available for all provinces by now seeing as how Lucky Mobile is supposed be their main competition and they usually respond with something?  Plus Lucky also has unlimited data available on their plans, albeit at reduced speeds.   Oh well...😕

@dabr 

Just about two weeks, I believe LD minutes were still there but all her data is completely gone.

Do you suspend using lost/found or just remove payment info

Hi @treefrog 

She was suspended for about two weeks before she realised it and changed her credit card info.

If you wait for 90 days everything would be gone, your account would be give forever with everything on it and the is no way of getting that back.

@dabr I was looking to see what data only plan Lucky has for $15  and I found that for a limited time they are offering unlimited Canada wide  calling/ international picture  texting + 2gigs of data with autopay for $30. Sounds familiar? Stay safe.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@treefrog: Paying early is good practice, so keep doing that because autopay is not 100% reliable unfortunately (as you already know).

For promo discounts such as this one, the wording is a bit vague. I hope the others are right, but if the discount does fall off because of suspension (out of your control) I believe you can always contact the mods to explain and get it back.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@totalUser 

I already pay ahead of time....ive done lots of reading. But are you saying you will lose the promo if your account gets suspended or that she left it 90 days and lost everything?

@totalUser wrote:

@treefrog 

A family member had her amount suspended due to credit card issue, she changed her credit card and didn't update everywhere.

She lost all her promotion goodies, her 5g signup bonus, her 1g Christmas gift all gone

In the end of the day it's her responsibility to pay for her service autopay or not. I highly suggest have it on your to do list every month

@totalUser   Did she not pay within the 90 days suspension period?  I have one account that is used periodically and is suspended when not in use and I usually pay around day 88 to keep it active and both the free data and LD mins gifts have stayed on that account.

@treefrog 

A family member had her amount suspended due to credit card issue, she changed her credit card and didn't update everywhere.

She lost all her promotion goodies, her 5g signup bonus, her 1g Christmas gift all gone

In the end of the day it's her responsibility to pay for her service autopay or not. I highly suggest have it on your to do list every month

@treefrog wrote:

@dabr 

So "inactive" means cancelled.....so suspended is ok? You keep the discount once you pay and unsuspend your account?

@treefrogYes you have 90 days grace period to pay your suspended account.  However, it's best to pay before the 90 days to allow for any issues to get resolved (recommended to pay between days 85-88).  If the account doesn't receive any payments for 90 days then the account is de-activated and your number would be lost also.

@treefrog 

I pay manually tough I'm on autopay

I still get my rewards but I'm running less risk of suspension

treefrog

@dabr 

So "inactive" means cancelled.....so suspended is ok? You keep the discount once you pay and unsuspend your account?

@treefrog wrote:

I dont have this plan but i noticed it says youll lose the promotional price if you dont have sufficient funds to cover your bill. From what ive read autopay has a tendency to fail. Would you lose your promo if your autopay failed? Ive learned to just pay ahead of time becsuse i cant take the risk of not having services but otherwise that would not be a good thing to happen.

@treefrog  No you won't lose it if autopay fails as that wouldn't be considered non payment on your part and I believe you would still have 90 days to pay once the account become suspended from non- payment, and should still get to keep it.  However, it looks like this promotion is only available in Quebec right now, although as I mentioned earlier I did see it on the Ontario plans webpage. 

treefrog

I dont have this plan but i noticed it says youll lose the promotional price if you dont have sufficient funds to cover your bill. From what ive read autopay has a tendency to fail. Would you lose your promo if your autopay failed? Ive learned to just pay ahead of time becsuse i cant take the risk of not having services but otherwise that would not be a good thing to happen.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel wrote:

@dabr you got me all excited for nothing 😊. I went to check the plans and add-ons section and they've removed the $35/1.5gb plan. hopefully they decide to lower the price to $30. 

@gpixel   Lol...sorry! 😊 but I wouldn't have posted this if I thought it was only for Quebec, which BTW I was aware of from a while ago.  Like I said I'm not sure why I keep seeing it and then it disappears!

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The $35 preplain has a promo label on it, not sure how long this has been that way. You get 1 gig data plus a bonus half gig and if you have autopay setup  then you get another half gig of data

dabr
Mayor / Maire

So I should have screenshot the province too because it was definitely there half an hour ago, but yeah I can't bring it up right now, however, it was there not only today but yesterday too when I checked the PM website briefly.  Oh well...

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dabr you got me all excited for nothing 😊. I went to check the plans and add-ons section and they've removed the $35/1.5gb plan. hopefully they decide to lower the price to $30. 

@computergeek541 @Jb456   Hmm...that's a bit strange but a few minutes ago it was showing available in Ontario, not sure what is going on...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  are you sure you don't have your webpage set to Quebec?

It's only for Quebec and has been there for awhile. Every other province is $35.

@dabr wrote:

Not sure if anyone saw this but the $35 plan with an extra 500 mb data (2 GB total) is on sale right now for $30 on the Plans page.  Unfortunately it's only for new activations, but a good deal nonetheless. 

Apologies if this has already been posted as I haven't had time to look through the threads.  😊

dabr_0-1596134281795.png

This has been around since April. Unfortunately, this is regiional price and is only available in Quebec.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing this @dabr . Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.