cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Limited Time Only Plans*

SolomonT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lets say there's a limited time plan ($40 for the 4.5GB), I can keep using that Limited time offer plan even after it goes back to its original lets say $40 for 3GB, until I switch over to another plan, correct?

10 REPLIES 10

@k2000schempp, you don't have any idea.  I'm still on my promo from 2 years ago.  They tried to raise the price 6 months ago.  They cancelled the price change - I'm still on it.

Pioneer and Legacy customers were not so lucky.  They've been changed twice or 3 times since I joined in Summer 2016.

@k2000schempp wrote:

So how do i know how long the limited offers are good for?

@k2000schempp

You should take advantage of a plan you like asap. You can always sign up with a new temporary number an port in frif another provider at your convenience, allowing for a couple of days of overlap, just in case.

End dates will be posted in the according announcement once they are determined. Recently we had a couple of days to a week's notice but at least one of the super hot promos last year was pulled within hours.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@k2000schempp

When you see the offer....it always states..when it starts and .....ends..and if you mean the duration of the plan...probably a long time..but maybe not forever..

k2000schempp

So how do i know how long the limited offers are good for?

dna2016

@SolomonT, keep in mind companies do have the ability to make changes that force you to change plans.  Although it doesn't happen very often, in fact very very rarely, but over time plans can be discontinued and companies want you on their more up-to-date plans.  For example, back in the day at Rogers, if you had a grand-fathered plan and you wanted to take advantage of a  phone upgrade, they would force you to update your plan to a newer plan so they can get you off the grand-fathered plan.  Also, I believe not that long ago (I think last year), PM advised users who were on very old plans (before Telus bought PM), were migrated to newer plans, and if wanted to maintain a simialr plan they had to change over to the sister company Koodo.  

So technically any plan users are currently on, whether a special offer or regular plan, is not guaranteed to last forever.

dna2016

@SolomonT, great question. Yes the "limited time" refers to when you cna switch over to obtain that plan.  Once you have the plan then that doesn't change. 

As this past February showed us 

@SolomonT wrote:

Ok, so if I get a special I keep paying that price until I switch plans? Just trying to confirm 100% because I'll definitely do that if that's the case!

Here is the 100% truth.  Take a careful look at the announcement post, click on the spoiler and familiarize yourself with the terms of service which answers the very question "Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?"  In layman terms, nothing lasts forever.  Past performance may be an indication of future results.  This is the same for all carrier brands. 

SolomonT

Ok, so if I get a special I keep paying that price until I switch plans? Just trying to confirm 100% because I'll definitely do that if that's the case!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Correct.

The limited time refers to how long the deal/promo will be available until. When they do not know the expiry date, they list deals as "Limited Time only". This does NOT mean your price will change after the deal is over. 

Need Help? Let's chat.