cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's see if Public Mobile does 9.5GB

Let's see if Public Mobile does 9.5 @$43.  In 3, 2, 1...

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/shaw/freedom-mobile-promo-plan-43-9gb-data/

No, I don't know anything and this is just speculation, but Chatr, Public, Lucky, Freedom seem to be do a pretty good job at matching each other when it comes to most plan promotions.

9 REPLIES 9

@computergeek541

A good article on this promo and the scam it entails

Freedom Mobile Goes Off The Rails

@Wonder_why wrote:

PM is done with competition 😋 with others Providers ?

Mean PM might slip out 

@Alan_K please respond back to FM 🤔

While I will admit that Public lately has been more a carbon copy of Bell's and Rogers' prepaid brands, I wouldn't find it too surprising if Public Mobile did make a similar offer as this Freedom plan.

Thinking about it, $43 with autopay only $5 less than the current Public Mobile  $48 Autopay 8+0.5GB plan.

@kav2001c wrote:

1- It is NOT $43 (unless you have a credit card on file with them)

2- 3GB LTE + 6.5GB 3G (and we all know just how awful Freedom 3G throttle is lol)

3- WTF kind of promo is this??? Freedom ALREADY has a better promo plan available on thier website (which I guess is gonna get expired?) But if someone *insists* on Freedom, who would sign up $43 for 3GB LTE instead of $40 for 4.5GB LTE???)

The problem with Freedom's Digital "Discount" is that isn't not a discount.  It would have been one thing if, out of the blue, they had introduced a $5 pre-authorized payment discount, but they didn't do that.  They raised all of the prices by $5 and new customers are any existing customers who switch to these plans have to do pre-authorized payments to get the old price.

As for the 6.5GB of 3g data, if that's a good promotion or not really depends on what they're setting the speed to.  I didn't see anywhere in the article about the speed is.  I don't think we'll find out until the annoucement is made.  If the 6.5GB is at the 256Kb/s throttle speed, the promotion is a joke because of the low speed, and because customers already get that same speed after gong over the alotted data amount on any of the plans.    Perhaps, Freedom's promotion is just to promise that you won't see the further throttle down to 64kbps until much more usage has occured.  If Freedom sets the 3g speed to 5Mbps (or even 3Mbps), the promotion would be ok.

We both know that Freedom Mobile's main problem has never been the included features of the plans, but rather the reliability of the network.

@NDesai wrote:

PM doesn't compete with Freedom anymore. If they remember what happened last year when they were price matching each other back and forth, they would not wanna do it again. Sure they can try to match it but never try to lower it even more cause freedom will not back down. 

I'm sure that at some level, all the brands compete with each other. But, you're right in that in that when it comes to Chatr and Lucky, Public Mobile does almost exact matches. Didn't Fal Promo happen when Freedom and Public were going at it?    I still kind of see Lucky, Chatr, and Public being there so that we don't go to Freedom. 

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

10 gb for $40 would be all kinds of amazing!!  😄

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM is done with competition 😋 with others Providers ?

Mean PM might slip out 

@Alan_K please respond back to FM 🤔

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They compete more with Chatr and they always have the upper hand due to being on LTE network throttled to 3Mbit.

The hybrid data sounds like the next step up that Chatr can't match so I doubt it'll happen. First 2GB is full LTE but the rest is 3G sounds awesome.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541

Wow... talk about no truth in advertising....

1- It is NOT $43 (unless you have a credit card on file with them)

2- 3GB LTE + 6.5GB 3G (and we all know just how awful Freedom 3G throttle is lol)

3- WTF kind of promo is this??? Freedom ALREADY has a better promo plan available on thier website (which I guess is gonna get expired?) But if someone *insists* on Freedom, who would sign up $43 for 3GB LTE instead of $40 for 4.5GB LTE???)

4- Even the "Big Binge" promo is lower on this plan (15GB LTE vs 40GB LTE)

I think someone at Freedom is taking advantage of Trudeau legalizing certain plants....

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

PM doesn't compete with Freedom anymore. If they remember what happened last year when they were price matching each other back and forth, they would not wanna do it again. Sure they can try to match it but never try to lower it even more cause freedom will not back down. 

Need Help? Let's chat.