cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Public Mobile / Ported my number to Virgin / Account disabled?

Ehgroal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had an account that just AutoPaid on Dec 19th. I decided to go with a new phone from Virgin Mobile so I ported my number over from Public Mobile to Virgin. My son still has an account with Public Mobile, but has gone through the little data he has. I figured since I paid on my account for 30 days, up to Jan 18th and still have several gigs of data on there, I'd change numbers on the acount and he could use mine for the remainder of the 30 days. When I tried to sign into my account it fails to sign me in and when I try the "forgot password" route, I get an error of: "ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled"

How do I get access to the account that I just paid on that still has data on it. I've paid on that account for 30 days. Just moving my number to Virgin should not delete my account!?!

5 REPLIES 5

@Ehgroal  Wow virgin must have some persuasive sales people working for them...you are the second person today with almost the same story. Leaving almost a full months service table by the lure of a virgin salesmen. Unfortunately unlike postpaid services  that prorate your bill there are no refunds for a prepaid service and an account is closed after number porting with all providers unless another number is on the account or extraneous circumstances deem otherwise.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Ehgroal wrote:

How do I get access to the account that I just paid on that still has data on it. I've paid on that account for 30 days. Just moving my number to Virgin should not delete my account!?!

You can't. The account is gone. Public Mobile has to close your account becauae theres only one number per account and account can't be kept open with no phone number. This is becauae of number porting rules.  The part of no refunds is a Public Mobile policy.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Porting your number away from Public Mobile will indeed immediately cancel your account, including any unused active service and probably account balance.

Similarly, porting from post-paid services like Bell, Rogers, Telus will also immediately cancel your service, but your unused services would be (eventually) pro-rate refunded.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ehgroal wrote:

I had an account that just AutoPaid on Dec 19th. I decided to go with a new phone from Virgin Mobile so I ported my number over from Public Mobile to Virgin. My son still has an account with Public Mobile, but has gone through the little data he has. I figured since I paid on my account for 30 days, up to Jan 18th and still have several gigs of data on there, I'd change numbers on the acount and he could use mine for the remainder of the 30 days. When I tried to sign into my account it fails to sign me in and when I try the "forgot password" route, I get an error of: "ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled"

Once you port out your PM number, your PM account is closed. All rewards and remaining call/text/data features are gone. Sorry !

@LoveMyBolt...beat me to it again !! Good work.

LoveMyBolt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Ehgroal 

I don't think any prepaid cell phone company will prorate or refund unused value. When you port out - your business ends. Account closed. Funds gone. Rewards gone. Loyalty time gone.

It's always wise to make use of paid value anywhere before you cancel or close any service.

Need Help? Let's chat.