cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving country for a few months

jmcnally
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, my billing cycle renews on December 20 and I'm leaving the country on January 15th: for two weeks in the US followed by two months in Europe. Here's what I've done:

Changed my autopaid 90 day plan to a 30 day plan and turned off autopay. On January 20, I'll change to a 10-day plan if possible (or pay for the cheapest possible 30-day plan that has some US data included). Then let that plan expire. When I return in April, will I be able to reactivate my 90-day plan easily?

Is there an easier way to deal with this absence without overpaying? Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Can someone request @CS_Agent to have the old e-mail disassociated from the old closed account so it can be re-used?

Nothing ventured nothing gained. However such a request would surely be the lowest of low priorities. So, simpler just to create an alias for the original address, no? PM systems seem to be happy with aliases.

Many e-mail services do not handle aliases. gmail does but Yahoo does not for example. So if you only have one e-mail, you would be forced to create a brand new one just for PM, then you could use e-mail forwarding or something...BUT not everyone knows about any of these things. So this could be a problem for some.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Can someone request @CS_Agent to have the old e-mail disassociated from the old closed account so it can be re-used?

Nothing ventured nothing gained. However such a request would surely be the lowest of low priorities. So, simpler just to create an alias for the original address, no? PM systems seem to be happy with aliases.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @Luddite

Thank you for getting back to us. Unfortunately not, you will require a brand new email address for your new Public Mobile. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Thank you 

Remi

How disappointing. Robot Sad

Do appreciate the clarification though. 👍

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @Luddite

Thank you for getting back to us. Unfortunately not, you will require a brand new email address for your new Public Mobile. 

Thank you 

Remi

How disappointing. Robot Sad

Do appreciate the clarification though. 👍

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Luddite

Thank you 

Remi

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello @6475222328

Please be advised that once the system deactivates your account, we are unable to reactivate it. It is permanently inactive. 

However, you are welcome to activate a brand new account with a new sim card. 

I hope this helps.

Remi

Can the email address from the deactivated account be used for a new account?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @6475222328

Please be advised that once the system deactivates your account, we are unable to reactivate it. It is permanently inactive. 

However, you are welcome to activate a brand new account with a new sim card. 

I hope this helps.

Remi

I had been overseas for more than 90 days, I just came back to Toronto now, I lost my phone number, I would like to get it back that number or restore my account 

thx for confirming

-----------------------------------------------------------
Go here to the thread below if you want to be notified when a new Public Mobile (PM) promo and changes comes out!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Subscribe-to-this-thread-if-you-want-to-be...

@pm-smayer97, a grandfathered plan that has not. Been renewed can be deactivated before the 90 days has expired.  If not deactivated, it is lost, phone number is lost, and account is disabled (deleted).

But can you actually reactivate a grand-fathered plan if it has been inactive or the plan has changed? Is there a time window/limit to do this?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Go here to the thread below if you want to be notified when a new Public Mobile (PM) promo and changes comes out!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Subscribe-to-this-thread-if-you-want-to-be...

@jmcnally wrote:

My "unpaid" period should only be around 60 days, so hoping I can just reactivate my plan when I get back...

Perfect.

To reactivate a standard plan you would:

1. login to your account and make a one time payment equal to your plan cost (from the current offers), logout

2. login to your account, click Change Plan, pick the plan and click activate now, logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service.

If that fails, or you are reactivating a "grandfathered" plan, send a private message to any moderator with your phone number and a description of what you wish.

DO NOT PAY MORE THAN ONCE.

jmcnally

My "unpaid" period should only be around 60 days, so hoping I can just reactivate my plan when I get back...

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your account will be gone completely after 90 days of unpaid period.  You will also lose your plan once you switch to other plan, unless it is still on the market.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jmcnally Too many ideas to comment succinctly. Perhaps read this and come back with more specific questions?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Need Help? Let's chat.