cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last December's Free Internationl (CAN-US) Long Distance Minutes

satchmojo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

In December, I enrolled (registered)  for Public's 400 minute international (CAN-US) long distance Christmas giveaway made available to existing customers. 

My question(s) pertaining to this giveaway are:

Do the 400 free CAN-US long distance minutes remain in effect until such time as I use them all up and there are no minutes remaining?  

Haven't used any long distance minutes to the US so far but want to confirm that I do have the 400 minutes and, if so, how do I  find out the balance of minutes remaining once I start using them?

Presume that once the free US long distance minutes are all used up, long distance to the US will no longer be available unless an international calling add-on is purchased?

Is this so?  

Appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks. 

Satch

6 REPLIES 6

jojopf999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can logon your account to see the remaining time left on your add-on under (My data and add-ons)

satchmojo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone,

Having been off line for a while, I just want to thank everyone who responded to my query on Public Mobile's free 400 minutes of call time to the US.

Very much appreciated... Thanks

Satch

And a bit more info:

international calling minutes can be used to call your neighbour, across Canada, to the US or to the list of international countries. Thus if you happened to be on the $10 or $15 plans with a limit on minutes, the international add on will kick in if your minutes otherwise run out. If you don't want to burn up the international minutes that way you can get the $5/500 minutes calling in Canada add on which should get hit first for a call within Canada if your plan minutes are gone. If you are on an unlimited Canada calling plan then nothing to worry about.

AE_Collector

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Just rememeber that with the 400 minute add-on...you can call to US as long as the call originates in Canada. If you travel to US, you'd have to get the available 10 Day Roaming options for your use while there.

If you leave Canada and US., all of your PM features will stop working. There are no other roaming plans. You'd have to consider using a voip app like TextNow, or get a local sim and a cheap plan.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@satchmojo wrote:

Hi,

In December, I enrolled (registered)  for Public's 400 minute international (CAN-US) long distance Christmas giveaway made available to existing customers. 

My question(s) pertaining to this giveaway are:

Do the 400 free CAN-US long distance minutes remain in effect until such time as I use them all up and there are no minutes remaining?  

Yes that is correct.

@satchmojo wrote:

Haven't used any long distance minutes to the US so far but want to confirm that I do have the 400 minutes and, if so, how do I  find out the balance of minutes remaining once I start using them?

You can logon your account to see the remaining time left on your add-on under "My data and add-ons".

@satchmojo wrote:

Presume that once the free US long distance minutes are all used up, long distance to the US will no longer be available unless an international calling add-on is purchased?

Is this so?  

Appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks. 

Satch

Yes. Once you've used up all your calling minutes, your long distance calling will end unless you purchase another calling add-on.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You are correct on all counts. Do you have an unlimited Canada Wide plan or a limited Canada Wide plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.