cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE plans still available?

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello guys. I was looking what plans available for my father in law and for some reason don't see anymore "Build your own plan" link on website. There are bunch of plans mentioned but most of then with 3G data. Anybody knows how to get to LTE plans pricing? Specially I am looking for him Province wide call, Unlimited text and 3 GB or 4 GB OF LTE data per month (or 9GB and 12 GB per 3 month). Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pulp74  As others have mentioned the 3G planning still uses the Telus/Bell LTE network for data. Think of it as LTE Lite because it runs on LTE but is throttled to 3Mbps. Just out of curiosity why does your father-in-law need LTE does he have a specific requirement? If not the $40 plan would be a good fit.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Because only a small per enrage of people used the plan builder, most bought pre made plans, thus they decided not worth to keep and to align them selves with the other 3rd tier as @will13am  mentioned. 

@pulp74 wrote:

I got it. Don't you think it's huge downgrade and turn off for the company? Why they go this direction?

To better align this brand with the other tier 3 brands. 

@pulp74 

For some customers, it is definitely a game changer.  

This is the official public announcemnt of the change:

System improvements  - over the coming weeks, we’re excited to bring through a variety of system improvements. First up is an improvement to our latency and reliability of our web portals, meaning faster loading speeds in Self-Serve and fewer occasions of activation issues related to timing out. We’re also doing some fat trimming and are saying goodbye to our build your own plan calculator. While we love the flexibility of our plan calculator, the tradeoff is the ability to reduce pressure on our systems, help the general upkeep of our portals, and simplify the plan purchasing experience for customers. We know some plans can only be accessed via the plan calculator today, we plan (pun intended Smiley Wink) to bring some of those options  back in the near future! Lastly, as you're likely aware, we transitioned to refer-a-friend codes a few weeks ago to better protect your privacy and make referring easy
Smiley Happy

pulp74

I got it. Don't you think it's huge downgrade and turn off for the company? Why they go this direction?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The build your own plan has been removed.  The only 4G plan is a 1GB add-on for $30.

@pulp74 wrote:

So I want to understand: there will be no more LTE data plans for new customers available? How about old customers? I am with Public Mobile for 3 years already and have 4GB LTE plan. This plan will stay for me?

The grandfathered plans are not changing.  If you have a previously available grandfathered plan, you will remain on it as long as you want.  Of course all plans are subject to change as permitted by the terms of service. 

pulp74

So I want to understand: there will be no more LTE data plans for new customers available? How about old customers? I am with Public Mobile for 3 years already and have 4GB LTE plan. This plan will stay for me?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pulp74  the 3g plans acty run on the the network but are throttled down to 3Mbs..

Its actuary pretty good for most things. Search forum for 3g VS lte. 

If you teat need the full lte speeds, check out Koodo, the pm plans were similar priced to koodo

kelvarnsen

Build your own is gone. Not sure if there are any premade LTE plans, but what they have is it 

Have you tried 3g? Do you notice a difference between 3g and LTE?

Need Help? Let's chat.