Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Koodo offering promo better than Public Mobile Plan

I find the service and the coverage maps are better with public mobile

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@skenth77 wrote:

I find the service and the coverage maps are better with public mobile

How can the coverage map be better for Public than Koodo? They're both owned by Telus.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

Unlimited Canada-wide minutes with Unlimited Calling with Unlimited Incoming calls, Unlimited evenings & weekends, Unlimited Canada-wide circle-calling, etc

Why not just call it what it is? "Unlimited Canada-wide Talk"

"Unlimited" already means "without limits". No need for multiple bullets to summarize each unlimit.

LOL, I'm with you on that one - I looked at that blurb and was wondering the same thing..... seemed like the use of the word "Unlimited" was also unlimited..... seems like someone in the marketing dept. NEEDS to be limited!!! 🤣

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@esjliv wrote:

So if Public Mobile is the 3rd tier of "family" companies: Telus/Koodo/PublicMobile.

Why is the 2nd tier company - Koodo offering a promo that beats Public Mobile $50 plan ($48 with autopay)?

Yes, it is only beating it by 500mb (if autopay is enabled, but still).

esjliv_0-1600893297841.png

I wondering if many PM customers make the jump "up a tier" when these promos come out. Perhaps only those that do have not that much 'long time loyalty rewards' built up with PM?

Just sayin' 

🤔

If you rely on your mobile for all communication and internet use then it's good to shop around, but as for myself I use my phone for emergency and lite use purposes. In fact, I tell people that I don't have a mobile. Although my plan falls under $10.00 a month, I still find it expensive considering that a phone call from a payphone use to be 25-50cents a call. That said I'm please with PM service (up to now). I've tried to convince other family members who are on Telus to switch but I keep being reminded that it has good network coverage.🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@cory_c 

Public Mobile is owned by Telus and uses the same Telus network, just like Telus. (Alongside the Bell network, because of Bellus nation-wide network sharing agreement, just like Telus.)

There is no difference. (Although Telus does offer LTE data speeds and VoLTE - for a price - which Public doesn't offer.)

Same network, same towers, exactly same coverage. In case you try to convince other family members again, lol.

More referrals can bring your outrageous $10 phone bill down ...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@cory_c 

Sometimes it's impossible to convince someone to leave their provider despite often halving their bill and offering more data for a lower price. People tend to be overwhelmingly loyal to their mobile providers. I had two roommates with fido both paying similar prices averaging $80 per month for talk and texg and a tiny amount of data that neither of them ever really used. One i could not convince he kept telling me that theyve been so good to me! The other didnt want to either but got cut off for the umpteenth time incurring another $35 charge on top of the $80 bill he couldnt afford. I told him i would lend him the money to pay his bill on the condition he switched to public mobile. He was skeptical but needed his phone for work so agreed. 

After marching him down to London drugs for a free sim card w/activation i had him call fido, pay his bill, get his account number and the unlocking code which brought more questions and an offer to lower his bill ( something they wouldn't do when he told them he couldn't afford his bill.) I told him to tell fido he's looking at other plans and if they can match it he would consider staying. He hung up and switched to public mobile about 10 minutes later, number ported immediately and saving $67 per month. I was paid back in within 6 weeks and he couldn't be happier. He just recieved his first loyalty reward and his first referral about a month ago. With the occasional community reward he's down to $10 a month and loving it!

Loyalty...... public mobile shows it by reducing your bill by $1 every month after a year up to a max $5. Other providers show it by increasing your bill. As soon as telus's loyalty department turned me down after 20 years as a customer I switched to pm the very next day......eventually your family's provider(s) will throw their loyalty out the window too....thats when you pounce and sign them up for public mobile!

Highlighted

@darlicious wrote:

@cory_c 

Sometimes it's impossible to convince someone to leave their provider despite often halving their bill and offering more data for a lower price. People tend to be overwhelmingly loyal to their mobile providers. I had two roommates with fido both paying similar prices averaging $80 per month for talk and texg and a tiny amount of data that neither of them ever really used. One i could not convince he kept telling me that theyve been so good to me! The other didnt want to either but got cut off for the umpteenth time incurring another $35 charge on top of the $80 bill he couldnt afford. I told him i would lend him the money to pay his bill on the condition he switched to public mobile. He was skeptical but needed his phone for work so agreed. 

After marching him down to London drugs for a free sim card w/activation i had him call fido, pay his bill, get his account number and the unlocking code which brought more questions and an offer to lower his bill ( something they wouldn't do when he told them he couldn't afford his bill.) I told him to tell fido he's looking at other plans and if they can match it he would consider staying. He hung up and switched to public mobile about 10 minutes later, number ported immediately and saving $67 per month. I was paid back in within 6 weeks and he couldn't be happier. He just recieved his first loyalty reward and his first referral about a month ago. With the occasional community reward he's down to $10 a month and loving it!

Loyalty...... public mobile shows it by reducing your bill by $1 every month after a year up to a max $5. Other providers show it by increasing your bill. As soon as telus's loyalty department turned me down after 20 years as a customer I switched to pm the very next day......eventually your family's provider(s) will throw their loyalty out the window too....thats when you pounce and sign them up for public mobile!

Good idea. BTW...your a good friend👍

Highlighted

@Korth wrote:

@cory_c 

Public Mobile is owned by Telus and uses the same Telus network, just like Telus. (Alongside the Bell network, because of Bellus nation-wide network sharing agreement, just like Telus.)

There is no difference. (Although Telus does offer LTE data speeds and VoLTE - for a price - which Public doesn't offer.)

Same network, same towers, exactly same coverage. In case you try to convince other family members again, lol.

More referrals can bring your outrageous $10 phone bill down ...

I know but just as PM people are loyal, others are also loyal to their brand due to the service provided. 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.