cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo offer, invalid validation code

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The Koodo migration offer is still available. I am considering switching my wife's account to the Koodo $40/8GB plan. If i text "Offer" to 5132, the promotion text is sent to me. When I go to the KOODO website, it accepts the JOINKOODOAUGDATA promo code. When I enter my wife's phone number I get this message"

"Oops! This validation code isn't valid. Make sure you've entered the correct info. Codes are case sensitive."

At first I thought that it might be a hijacking issue, where someone else used her number to get the promotion. But I believe that I would have then received a message that the number was already used.

I don't believe there is anything that Public Mobile can do about this, as the issue is on Koodo's end. What I am wondering is if anyone here has experienced the same issue, and how did they work around it. Has a call to Koodo helped anyone? Thanks.

GC

17 REPLIES 17

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@will13am Yes I did receive the one on September 26th. The one posted was received on October 1st (and again today if i text Offer) stating that that due to popular demand it's extended. I am not saying it's valid, just that I received it. And when I enter the promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA, i get a green check mark indicating the code is valid. My phone number gets rejected.

GC

When you force the system to give the offer, I think you are getting stale information.  You could try to run with the stale information to see how far it gets you. 

GreatCanadian

@will13am Yes I did receive the one on September 26th. The one posted was received on October 1st (and again today if i text Offer) stating that that due to popular demand it's extended. I am not saying it's valid, just that I received it. And when I enter the promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA, i get a green check mark indicating the code is valid. My phone number gets rejected.

GC

@GreatCanadian wrote:

What plan are you curently on? I'm on the $40/4.5 GB. Did you receive the SMS offer at any point in the past?

GC

I am on that same plan and although I have not received the offer, I have seen another person on here with that plan that received the offer!

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@will13am @ShawnC13 From Monday, October 1. And if you check today, the offer is still available.

InkedScreenshot_20181003-130843_LI.jpg

This is actually not the latest message.  I receive a message from 5132 on September 26, 5:19pm stating the offer ends on September 30.  You should have received this message also. 

GreatCanadian

What plan are you curently on? I'm on the $40/4.5 GB. Did you receive the SMS offer at any point in the past?

GC

@GreatCanadian, Oh I'd love to get this offer.  $35/mo would be fantastic!

Sadly, still not getting a response to my Offer requests.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

This will be up for a while.  doubt anything better is coming soon.  Cat Happy

GreatCanadian

@will13am @ShawnC13 From Monday, October 1. And if you check today, the offer is still available.

InkedScreenshot_20181003-130843_LI.jpg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GreatCanadian, you are a dollar short and way more than a day late on this one.  The offer was originally going to end on September 4.  It was extended ad nauseam.  Don't worry, there will likely be a next time.  Put your running shoes on and be a bit more ready though. 

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@Dunkman Yeah I think that might be my next step, if I can find the time to visit a kiosk. I may try a phone call to Koodo first and see if I can get anywhere with that. If not, I'm not overly concerned as our Public Mobile service has been perfect since we joined 10 months ago. 

GC

The offer ended September 30 that is why you can't validate it.  I just tried my number and it wouldn't validate either but it did before the 30th

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I thought the promo ended on September 30 (last week or the week before that, a bunch of people received texts giving them that date). Does the text you receive now give an end date?

GreatCanadian

@Dunkman Yeah I think that might be my next step, if I can find the time to visit a kiosk. I may try a phone call to Koodo first and see if I can get anywhere with that. If not, I'm not overly concerned as our Public Mobile service has been perfect since we joined 10 months ago. 

GC

@GreatCanadian

It has not happened to me directly, but I have read about this happening to others on this forum.  

One way to potentially get this deal is to go to Koodo store or kiosk.  Show the text on your wife's phone to the Koodo rep and tell them that you did not sign up for promo, but your number was used somehow.  Sometimes, the rep can call Koodo directly and get it sorted out on their backend.  This has worked for a few people online.  

GreatCanadian

The text was sent to my wife's number. Both her and I are eligible, but I am not switching. I did check to see if it would accept my number, but that's turned down as well.

Please remove your tag to the moderator team, as I don't believe this is a Public Mobile issue.

GC

Dunkgirl

@cappaj wrote:
@rndwng wrote:

I have received the offer to switch to Koodo with $35/5GB or $40/8GB + $180 credits. I tried to used to code to place an order for a SIM card but got an error code saying it had been used.

Apparently there is a PM phone number generator that gives out random PM customer's phone numbers...

Anyone with the same problem? I was told by KOODO to contact PM customer service, but dont think there is a line that I could call ? 

Any help?

Thanks

Yo ucould try sending a private message to Moderator_Team as well - include as many details as you can, including your name, number, account number, and PIN, so that they can help right away.

I had the same thing happen a month or so ago - I had to send a couple messages back and forth with a moderator before they understood what I meant. Then, they forwarded the issue to the "technical team" who was supposed to get back to me in 10 days. 

However, in the meantime, a new Koodo offer cam out and I signed up for it successfully before they ever got back to me, so I don't know how it would have all resolved (I told them they didn't need to keep investigating if they didn't want to, since I was migrating to Koodo anyways - and I didn't want them to accidentally mess with my actual, real migration).

Anyways - just be prepared for a long, drawn out ordeal!

Dunkgirl

@GreatCanadian wrote:

The Koodo migration offer is still available. I am considering switching my wife's account to the Koodo $40/8GB plan. If i text "Offer" to 5132, the promotion text is sent to me. When I go to the KOODO website, it accepts the JOINKOODOAUGDATA promo code. When I enter my wife's phone number I get this message"

"Oops! This validation code isn't valid. Make sure you've entered the correct info. Codes are case sensitive."

At first I thought that it might be a hijacking issue, where someone else used her number to get the promotion. But I believe that I would have then received a message that the number was already used.

I don't believe there is anything that Public Mobile can do about this, as the issue is on Koodo's end. What I am wondering is if anyone here has experienced the same issue, and how did they work around it. Has a call to Koodo helped anyone? Thanks.

GC

That sucks. When you say the "code" is sent to you, is it sent to YOU or your WIFE?

You said offer was sent to you. But your wife's number was not working.  Apparently not everyone is eligible... then it makes sense. I'd be interested to hear if someone has a "work around" .. not that I want koodo, I know its only a short -term money savings trick to get you moved up to a higher tier service

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you receive text you would get this offer at the beginning?

It is not for everyone, only a portion of it.

If its code issue, see if public mobile can fix it.

Need Help? Let's chat.