cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo may have a better deal then PM

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Received a text from Koodo asking to consider their service. Perused the Koodo prepaid plans and noticed that for $15 they offer unlimited international texting and Video messaging and 100 free Canada wide long distance if I register a Credit Card. In addition for new accounts they offer a $20 credit. I am puzzled as to why they send me this offer since the parent company for PM and Koodo is Telus.

Anyways, if I choose to switch do I just transfer my existing PM Sim or would I need to purchase a Koodo Sim card?

8 REPLIES 8

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I also think the Koodo offers are better, why wouldn't you want more for less.  Honestly I think PM keeps their "limited time offer" plans around just as a marketing ploy, it's working!  

We've been asking for a data plan between the 1gb and 4.5gb plans for a while and nothing came of it. I certainly don't need 4.5gb, maybe it's time to switch.

PlayDoh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I attempted to take an offer from Koodo yet Koodo told me there was some issue with my credit report file. I was told I’d have to go to a Koodo outlet and pay $30 for activation. 

There’s no issue with my credit file, and I have good credit, so the whole ordeal left me with a bad impression. 

I left Telus after they took $100 from me in ‘error’. It took me a week of phone calls to finally get someone who actually looked at my bill, and not just tell me it was for my plan. 

Then it took another 3 calls (over an hour each), to actually get a check mailed. It was a total of 6 months till I got my money back. 

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The 100 minutes is a one-time only add on.  Once it expires you will need to buy booster minutes.

DSoulliere

You would indeed have to get a new SIM card.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@withashout wrote:

Public Mobile doesn't perform a credit check.  Koodo does.

Koodo prepaid does not do credit check which is what the OP is making reference to.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@withashout wrote:

SO nothing wrong credit check, Telus offering $10/3GB or $25/10GB existing customers ,Koodo might offer Black Friday Deals crossing fingers 😁

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/telus-promo-3gb-10-10gb-25

withashout

@BEER wrote:

Received a text from Koodo asking to consider their service. Perused the Koodo prepaid plans and noticed that for $15 they offer unlimited international texting and Video messaging and 100 free Canada wide long distance. In addition for new accounts they offer a $20 credit. I am puzzled as to why they send me this offer since the parent company for PM and Koodo is Telus.

Anyways, if I choose to switch do I just transfer my existing PM Sim or would I need to purchase a Koodo Sim card?

Public Mobile sim cards can only be used at Public Mobile. A Koodo sim card will be required.

Need Help? Let's chat.