cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo has triple addon bonus

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Any chance PM gets this offer? Or are you guys just giving deals to new customers? 3x the data!!! @Catherine_T 

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@TMS  So what other providers offer great deals for long term customers?  I also have Koodo postpaid for 8 years and they don't offer me anything. Yes I know you can call and ask for a device upgrade credit but since my plan is lower then new plans they will only give that credit on a new plan. Essentially I get zero as I'd be paying more for my plan with them.

It's why I left the mothership. I'm still in the cargo-hold of a dedicated service ship though. 🙂

They couldn't do much for all those years of loyalty. So I went looking. Then I found this place after getting very close with Koodo.

TMS

@Jb456 

In Canada... No one. 

TMS

@Anonymous 

I don’t know why I did the thumbs down. Maybe cause I lost a $1 per year. Jk. 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@TMS  So what other providers offer great deals for long term customers?  I also have Koodo postpaid for 8 years and they don't offer me anything. Yes I know you can call and ask for a device upgrade credit but since my plan is lower then new plans they will only give that credit on a new plan. Essentially I get zero as I'd be paying more for my plan with them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TMS wrote:

@Anonymous 

But you're in for two now already (at least according to your community sign up date)”

I ported out and then in again, and I lost a year. 👎

Why the thumbs down? You left. How loyal is that?

Yup. Still rockin' the $10 plan x3.

One account still has the summer 2019 data gift. Two accounts have the two Xmas 2019 gifts. And being in BC all 3 accounts got the 1000 minutes and 5gb data gifts.

I'm not goin' nowhere not payin' nuttin'.

TMS

@Anonymous 

But you're in for two now already (at least according to your community sign up date)”

I ported out and then in again, and I lost a year. 👎

TMS

@mh1983 

The reward is for loyalty, not leaving”

...or we could all be “shackled”. 

TMS

@mh1983 

Well, it's $15/1 gb now, so what's your point exactly?”

Other than being charged too much for data, nothing. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TMS wrote:

@mh1983 

👍

You're certainly not shackled to PM (another benefit, IMO).”

Just don’t come back to PM and expect the loyalty and referral rewards to still be there. 🙂

Correct. It would be naive to think otherwise. 🙂 The reward is for loyalty, not leaving.

TMS

@mh1983 

👍

You're certainly not shackled to PM (another benefit, IMO).”

Just don’t come back to PM and expect the loyalty and referral rewards to still be there. 🙂

PS. Unicorn. 😂 

mh1983

@TMS wrote:

@Anonymous 

I got the 1GB data and 400 minute international LD. 👍 When PM were charging $30 for 1GB. Lol (am I allowed to laugh?) 😂 

Well, it's $15/1 gb now, so what's your point exactly?

mh1983

@TMS wrote:

@Anonymous 

I got the 1GB data and 400 minute international LD. 👍 When PM were charging $30 for 1GB. Lol (am I allowed to laugh?) 😂 

$2 autopay helps PM as much as it does a customer. I don’t see a great deal on this one. PM gets their money in a timely manner and we get 2 bucks. 🤷‍♂️ 

Loyalty $1 per year up to 5 years - nice if you are longggggg time customer. 

But you and I still enjoy the $10 plan. 👍👍

Which begs the question: why are you even still using the service if you don't think the above items are providing value to you? 

TMS

@Anonymous 

$2 autopay helps PM as much as it does a customer. I don’t see a great deal on this one. PM gets their money in a timely manner and we get 2 bucks. 🤷‍♂️ 

Loyalty $1 per year up to 5 years - nice if you are a longggggg time customer. 

But you and I still enjoy the $10 plan. 👍👍

mh1983

@TMS wrote:

@mh1983 

What's funny? They both provided helpful answers to you.”

Their responses were funny. 😂 

“Unlikely here at PM” PS lol 😂 

OK, maybe that one was a bit terse, but the other suggestion was valid. You just need to subscribe once to get announcements; it's not that hard.

mh1983

@TMS wrote:

@Jb456 

Get rid of Community reward and hire phone support. They seem to follow other third tier companies. Follow Lucky on this. 🤷‍♂️ I don’t know. 👍

Other companies offer autopay bonus. 

Referrals are ok, but if you or them leave you lose them all. Now, if you were to remain with PM for years to come then you do take advantage of the referral and loyalty rewards. Leave for a month, or even a day and of course they all reset back to a big fat goose egg. 

Preferences will vary but I'm personally okay without phone support as it no doubt passes on more savings to us. I personally get a lot of value out of the community and enjoy helping when time allows. Any time I've used the moderators, it's been a good experience too. Mileage can vary (wait times, etc), but phone support is not a silver bullet and comes with its own downsides.

Autopay and loyalty skim off my $25 plan (already a great value w/ unlimited minutes, text, and a good amount of data that works for me). In addition to that, I've had 4 referrals that haven't left. It's easy to subscribe to announcements about new promos, too. 

I think what you're asking for is a unicorn; ie. it does not exist. 🙂 Each service provider will have its own pros and cons. For me, PM has yielded so much savings compared to previous providers I was with (and often stuck with because of contracts). Only you can answer whether this service benefits you enough. If there's another provider that's offering a better deal to you, why not go for it? If this one is not working for you, why stick with it? You're certainly not shackled to PM (another benefit, IMO). 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@TMS  I'm happy with what PM offers members. My bill has been free all year. It's free 2021 and I am working on 2022 at moment 😀

@TMS wrote:

@Jb456 

Get rid of Community reward and hire phone support. They seem to follow other third tier companies. Follow Lucky on this. 🤷‍♂️ I don’t know. 👍

Referrals are ok, but if you or them leave you lose them all. Now, if you were to remain with PM for years to come then you do take advantage of the referral and loyalty rewards. Leave for a month, or even a day and of course they all reset back to a big fat goose egg. 

This would cost them way more than what they pay out in rewards, and the community rewards is what attracts a lot of customers to the brand.  "I have no need for phone support so why give up my rewards" (is the thought of many here)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

@Jb456 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TMS wrote:

I agree sure, but you have to remain here for five years to really have the full advantage of that $5 per month. 🤔 

Were you aware of the $30 - 2GB plan PM had a few months ago? 

But you're in for two now already (at least according to your community sign up date). See how fast that blew by? 🙂 That's $24 for this year now.

Yes I was. Hello my name is z10user4 and I'm a regular of the Public Mobile Community. 🙂

TMS

@mh1983 

another was extra coverage to help folks during COVID.”

...not all received this. I did not receive this. 

TMS

@mh1983 

What's funny? They both provided helpful answers to you.”

Their responses were funny. 😂 

“Unlikely here at PM” PS lol 😂 

mh1983

@TMS wrote:

@mh1983 

IMO, they actually offer to existing customers than other service providers I've been with. And their plans are excellent and you can switch at any point if there's a promo plan, whether you're new or long term. Do you know many other places that let you do that?”

I agree sure, but you have to remain here for five years to really have the full advantage of that $5 per month. 🤔 

Right...so, what other providers offer a similar benefit to their long term customers?

Yes, I was aware of that plan, as well as all the promo plans they've offered since I signed up 2 years ago. I subscribe to get notifications. I also get text messages about bonus add ons -- one was simply a gift to all customers, another was extra coverage to help folks during COVID. 

So, I echo what others have asked as a counter-question: what more can PM do for you, really? 

TMS

@mh1983 

IMO, they actually offer to existing customers than other service providers I've been with. And their plans are excellent and you can switch at any point if there's a promo plan, whether you're new or long term. Do you know many other places that let you do that?”

mh1983

@TMS wrote:

@Jb456   lol    @Triguy  lol

What's funny? They both provided helpful answers to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TMS wrote:

I’d like to hear from @Catherine_T  if PM could begin offering more to their loyal customers? Like they do for newcomers. 🙂

So free data and minutes on occasion aren't enough?

So $12 - $60/year for loyalty isn't enough?

$24/year autopay?

Up to ~$1440/year for referrals? Ok you gotta work a little more for that one. But it's there.

Up to $180/year for this place? Ok you gotta sustain a whole lot more work for that one. But it's there.

Last Black Friday had the old $25 referral credit for both parties. We haven't seen that in a while.

Sometimes promo plans are made available to all.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@TMS  What more do you think they could offer? Without including the community reward. Just the loyalty & auto-pay reward you can get $7 off your plan. Tack on referrals to that for additional discounts.

PM also offers free gifts at times. I've seen a few screenshots where some long term members have quite a few free add-ons in their account. 

mh1983

@TMS wrote:

I’d like to hear from @Catherine_T  if PM could begin offering more to their loyal customers? Like they do for newcomers. 🙂

IMO, they actually offer to existing customers than other service providers I've been with. And their plans are excellent and you can switch at any point if there's a promo plan, whether you're new or long term. Do you know many other places that let you do that?

TMS

TMS

@geopublic 

More like “follow” Lucky and Chatr. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

PM competes with Lucky and Chatr and not Koodo so the answer is no.

Need Help? Let's chat.