cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Migration Promotional Offer

michellemai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

A couple of my friends received a Koodo migration promotional offer few months ago, but I have not received any promotional offers from them whatsoever. I have been a Public Mobile customer for more than a year now, and I am just wondering if there is any criteria that I have to meet in order to get the Koodo migration offer?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had one when I first started when I was on the $30 plan (the now $25 plan). about two weeks into my first 30 days of PM. I was very novice with cellphones at the time, and I got this weird message that couldn't be opened. I assumed virus. Then at a later date once I had configured my APN to actually let me use my data (I had never used it to that point) that message dinged again letting me know it had downloaded and it was an offer to switch to Koodo that was well expired by that time (about two months later). I wouldn't have switched anyway, I want to be prepaid and not post paid, but still, I have not had one since that one (over a year ago now).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@michellemai unfortunately, reaching out to either Public Mobile or Koodo is not going to help you get one of these offers.  There have been several different campaigns in the past, targetting various plans/demographics, though it's never been stated what the criteria was so we could only infer it by people posting in the community and seeing what they had in common.  I would guess that your plan did not meet any of the previous campagin parameters.

That said, Telus doesn't appear to be running an of these migration offers in recent history or present.  They may again one day but we won't know until it happens.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RossNI think Koodo do have deals for PM Mobile once a while. Especially those who are close to overlapping, so the higher plans. This is an example.

@michellemaiDoes you plan vary with your friends or are they the same? A lot of the times, they will attract you if you have similar tiered plans. Also they might have a different profile on you than your friends. It is all part of their "secret sauce".. They know a lot about you from how often / where you call, what kind of phone you have etc.

If that happens, I would suggest going not to a Koodo web store but to a reseller like Costco or PC Mobile Shop hopefully you get extra perks like gift certificate off the retailer.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Some promotions are plan specific and other are not. it just depends on what kind of promotions are available. That being said, if you have the same plan as someone else and that person receives an offer, there is a very high chance of it working for you as well as long as you know the promotion code even if you did not receive the text

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@michellemai wrote:

Hi there,

A couple of my friends received a Koodo migration promotional offer few months ago, but I have not received any promotional offers from them whatsoever. I have been a Public Mobile customer for more than a year now, and I am just wondering if there is any criteria that I have to meet in order to get the Koodo migration offer?

Thanks!

Maybe you're not on the email list. If you're interested, give them a call.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@michellemai maybe ask koodo Pm doesn't send out promotions for them

Need Help? Let's chat.