cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

Still crossing my fingers and toes, PM will launch a promo, never lose hope. I just joined and I can't wait for a fall promo again Smiley Tongue

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only


@lukevader wrote:

@thymaster wrote:

And soon everybody will be leaving PM. This company have gone stupid lately. It's gone backward to 3G. Seriously 3G in 2017? Their plans really suck it's like they purposly don't want anyone joining them anymore. Sigh.


Yup. Hate to say it but nothing new came out today. All 3 of my phones in my family on pm were auto pay disabled today and are not due till the middle of Feb. Oh well, I'll burn up my data then port. Went and got k plans from mobile shop in superstore and got a total of 3000 pc points plus 3 packs of decadant chocolate chip cookies today. The guy told me it's been nonstop all day for this plan. 


I don't think PM cares that you are leaving for Koodo - they're both owned by Telus, so the same company still gets your $$ in the end.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only


@KMG wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

@thymaster wrote:

And soon everybody will be leaving PM. This company have gone stupid lately. It's gone backward to 3G. Seriously 3G in 2017? Their plans really suck it's like they purposly don't want anyone joining them anymore. Sigh.


Yup. Hate to say it but nothing new came out today. All 3 of my phones in my family on pm were auto pay disabled today and are not due till the middle of Feb. Oh well, I'll burn up my data then port. Went and got k plans from mobile shop in superstore and got a total of 3000 pc points plus 3 packs of decadant chocolate chip cookies today. The guy told me it's been nonstop all day for this plan. 


I don't think PM cares that you are leaving for Koodo - they're both owned by Telus, so the same company still gets your $$ in the end.


That is some crazy stuff... there's no real competition. They discuss deals behind closed door and all agree on making the same deal. Canadians pays a load for their mobile services...

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

Agreed - but as long as people keep paying, there's no incentive for the big 3 to reduce prices.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only


@will13am wrote:

This best describes Public Mobile so far during the 2017 promo season.  It is likely to be more of the same to year end. 

 

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

 

 

At the end of the day, we are just mere customers not decision makers.  The best way to influence the decision makers is to vote with the wallet.  Don't do the price match thing or ask for price matching.  Go where the deals are and let market forces drive the business decisions. 


Although I do not disagree with you, I think there is nothing wrong with asking for price match when all the competitors are participating in price match.  If enough customers "speak up", the business "better" listen to their voices and respond.  For those who "don't" speak up, most likely, they are just too lazy to switch around, but it does not mean they won't like the price match. I bet "everyone" loves and wants the price match.  Then, the only logical thing to do is to price match.  If PM does price match, they will not only keep their customers, but also, I bet a lot of people will join PM because people who were afraid of joinning PM because they had never heard of it before now know PM is not like FM which offers unstable services in many times.  If PM does not do price match, it may lose a lot of customers because all my referrals are now considering to jump.  Time is ticking.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

The reason I'm not switching is the big 3 will usually raise their price on your plan in 1 year. I've had it happen to my Rogers bill. It went from 50 to 59, these plans will most likely be raised to 70 dollar in one year.  So far Public hasn't forced a raise on us yet so I'm perfectly happy taking the loyalty reduction every year and having flexible u.s. roaming rates.  These items alone will save me 100s over the 60 dollar rogers\telus\koodo plans.  So if you go with these plans be comfortable at 70 a month.

Oracle

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only


@BigML wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This best describes Public Mobile so far during the 2017 promo season.  It is likely to be more of the same to year end. 

 

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

 

 

At the end of the day, we are just mere customers not decision makers.  The best way to influence the decision makers is to vote with the wallet.  Don't do the price match thing or ask for price matching.  Go where the deals are and let market forces drive the business decisions. 


Although I do not disagree with you, I think there is nothing wrong with asking for price match when all the competitors are participating in price match.  If enough customers "speak up", the business "better" listen to their voices and respond.  For those who "don't" speak up, most likely, they are just too lazy to switch around, but it does not mean they won't like the price match. I bet "everyone" loves and wants the price match.  Then, the only logical thing to do is to price match.  If PM does price match, they will not only keep their customers, but also, I bet a lot of people will join PM because people who were afraid of joinning PM because they had never heard of it before now know PM is not like FM which offers unstable services in many times.  If PM does not do price match, it may lose a lot of customers because all my referrals are now considering to jump.  Time is ticking.


@BigML I would have to disagree with this.  If PM offered the same price you would still have people leaving and not joining.  You would be at the same price yet there would still be no store, or call centre for the same price.  The ability for ROAM like home on many carriers also is a perk many people would like.  We must also remember these offers are still only for new customers so even PM did offer it you would still need a new account or find a new provider (which have the options I listed above).  Would you stay and pay the same and get less?  If so that is not smart shopping.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only


@Jonovision wrote:

The reason I'm not switching is the big 3 will usually raise their price on your plan in 1 year. I've had it happen to my Rogers bill. It went from 50 to 59, these plans will most likely be raised to 70 dollar in one year.  So far Public hasn't forced a raise on us yet so I'm perfectly happy taking the loyalty reduction every year and having flexible u.s. roaming rates.  These items alone will save me 100s over the 60 dollar rogers\telus\koodo plans.  So if you go with these plans be comfortable at 70 a month.


The thing you don't remember is people have been on the koodo $48 SK/MB plan for 5+ years and haven't had a price increase. Koodo is awesome and I'll come back to this thread in a year and remind u that I'm still paying 60 for 10. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

I should clarify, Ontario usually does get screwed over.  I never hear MB, QC or SK having issues like we do.  In fact those are the provinces we have go to the black market to get the cheaper plans.  I'm going to siitting this one out, just warning people what ocurred to myself and my brother who was on Bell. Of course we are in Ontario and that might explain it.  I'm not saying not to go for it, I almost pulled the trigger, no need to get hasty.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@BigML wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This best describes Public Mobile so far during the 2017 promo season.  It is likely to be more of the same to year end. 

 

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

 

 

At the end of the day, we are just mere customers not decision makers.  The best way to influence the decision makers is to vote with the wallet.  Don't do the price match thing or ask for price matching.  Go where the deals are and let market forces drive the business decisions. 


Although I do not disagree with you, I think there is nothing wrong with asking for price match when all the competitors are participating in price match.  If enough customers "speak up", the business "better" listen to their voices and respond.  For those who "don't" speak up, most likely, they are just too lazy to switch around, but it does not mean they won't like the price match. I bet "everyone" loves and wants the price match.  Then, the only logical thing to do is to price match.  If PM does price match, they will not only keep their customers, but also, I bet a lot of people will join PM because people who were afraid of joinning PM because they had never heard of it before now know PM is not like FM which offers unstable services in many times.  If PM does not do price match, it may lose a lot of customers because all my referrals are now considering to jump.  Time is ticking.


@BigML I would have to disagree with this.  If PM offered the same price you would still have people leaving and not joining.  You would be at the same price yet there would still be no store, or call centre for the same price.  The ability for ROAM like home on many carriers also is a perk many people would like.  We must also remember these offers are still only for new customers so even PM did offer it you would still need a new account or find a new provider (which have the options I listed above).  Would you stay and pay the same and get less?  If so that is not smart shopping.


@ShawnC13 You're saying PM offers the same price people would still be leaving because there is no store or call centre.  Well, I don't know how many people are actually annoyed by that "no store or call centre" issue, but all my referrals, including myself, have always been fine without them.  In fact, if you have to keep reaching out to store or call centre, then it would only mean the serivce itself is bad, but so far, none of my referrals and I have experienced service issues.  Also, "roam like a home" is just a roaming service that you still have to pay and you would be traveling a lot outside the country.  If I were traveling frequently enough to really like/need "roam like a home" feature, I would never have signed up for PM.  Also, you say this offer is only for new activation or new customers... I don't know if you ever try to "negotiate" with the customer services, but most of existing customers do end up getting the offer after chating a bit...