cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

taylor7787
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New promo on Koodo for 10GB data for 60 per month. I have heard this includes unlimited talk and text as well. Do we expect anything like this on public or will i be making a switch as my renewal comes up in a couple of days

89 REPLIES 89

Jonovision

@Jonovision wrote:

Thanks for the update .  I guess people are safe until next February

Fortunes for $100 please 

Narcity: Bell, Rogers, And Telus Are All Hiking Prices On Their Super Popular 10 GB Data Plans. http...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jonovision I'm sure it's inevitable at some point, yes

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jonovision

Thanks for the update .  I guess people are safe until next February

srlawren

@Jonovision look again, the article was updated. Not happening. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jonovision

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad I took the Koodo offer when I did...I think I'd lose my marbles when I come to think of it. 

Why Canada sucks so bad, I don't know. Freedom still has the best price point..but..but..if things go crazy with Koodo and pricing, I'll have no choice. 

MVNO companies like Ting in the US, need to be allowed to operate here.  Ting in fact, is a Canadian company.  They just are not permitted to operate on the Canadian telecom networks, supported by CRTC rules and regulations.

Changes need to occur, and voices need to be active, and loud to make that happen.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lukevaderwrote:

not as much as yours just did  😛

Not mine! But I’m not planning on sticking around waiting for them to come after me for more money next! 😂😂😂

Jonovision

Since I'm on PMs 6 gig 60 a month plan I'm safe for now but I fully expect my rates to go up in 1 to 2 years as soon as my plan does not meet Telus monthly subscriber rate.  It could also kick in when PM reaches a certain number of subscribers, they will try to convert a certain portion of them.  I will not be laughing when(there is no if) the rogers 10 gb plan goes up, I will only be reminded how horrible our Telecom industry. Perhaps one day Trudeau can apologize and tell us "Canada can do better" lol.

lukevader

not as much as yours just did  😛

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Let’s be honest... they’ll still be laughing when your rates do go up. 😂

lukevader

ha....haa.......hahahaaa..............bbwaaahahahhahahahahahhahahaahaaaa

I couldnt refuse because of those naysayers saying they would be laughing at me when my $60/10gb rates went up.

Seriously, I just heard all you guys just got your rates upped??? I think pm now stands for "prodigious mammoth" mistake.

Even for those who use long distance its far cheaper to get an add-on or a calling card or a voip

Unless you live in Ottawa Cat LOL

But seriously wifi data is everywhere these days

So paying $60 + taxes seems kind of silly to me

Better to get a Tablet SIM or even activate a second line

BigML

wrote:

wrote:

4 gb $40 province wide calling. 

Vs.

10 gb $60 Canada wide calling.

Right now it's only $5 month extra for a Canada wide calling add on but on the $40/4gb plan it wasn't even an option back then.

The only plan that even comes close to the $60/10gb plan here now is $67/5gb so more money for less. No thanks.

@lukevader, right.... but for people that regularly/routinely don't even use up all of their $40/4gb plan data and don't do a lot of out-of-province calling (and there are many of us that fit this description, myself included), it makes very little sense to pay the extra $20 per month for the "more" that won't get used.  So you're right in that the 10gig plans are more for less, but possibly unused benefit for an increase in monthly cost for many people.  Everybody's own mileage will vary, of course.

Heyyyy... No disrespect, but everyone has different circumstance and usage of data, so there is no point of continuing to reply in this thread talking about i did this and you did that, and so on.  All deals are gone, so keep enjoying your current plan until next time an amazing deal comes along.  Cheers.

srlawren

wrote:

Vs.

Right now it's only $5 month extra for a Canada wide calling add on but on the $40/4gb plan it wasn't even an option back then.

The only plan that even comes close to the $60/10gb plan here now is $67/5gb so more money for less. No thanks.

@lukevader, right.... but for people that regularly/routinely don't even use up all of their $40/4gb plan data and don't do a lot of out-of-province calling (and there are many of us that fit this description, myself included), it makes very little sense to pay the extra $20 per month for the "more" that won't get used.  So you're right in that the 10gig plans are more for less, but possibly unused benefit for an increase in monthly cost for many people.  Everybody's own mileage will vary, of course.

lukevader

Vs.

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

wrote:

Yup same boat

Price per GB on the higher plans looks better but I never need that much data

(with Wifi everywhere I can not imagine how anyone does)

PLus with dual SIM phone could just drop in a Tablet SIM if ever needed

wrote:

Glad you were able to make use of that offer, and that it works for you @lukevader.

im sticking around here as the plan I’m on suits my needs better than the more expensive deal you have, as calling plan is overkill and so is the data amount.

i would just be wasting money if I took that offer.

Ya same here.  It was so tempting.  Then I remember back when I had 6gb old plan from Fido sometimes I would turn off wifi near end of month just for the sake of using up the quota.  I realize I don't really need that much of data so I am happy to stick with my 4gb for $40.

Yup same boat

Price per GB on the higher plans looks better but I never need that much data

(with Wifi everywhere I can not imagine how anyone does)

PLus with dual SIM phone could just drop in a Tablet SIM if ever needed

wrote:

Glad you were able to make use of that offer, and that it works for you @lukevader.

im sticking around here as the plan I’m on suits my needs better than the more expensive deal you have, as calling plan is overkill and so is the data amount.

lukevader

Well, 2 of 3 of my pm plans are expiring in 3 days so I just ported them. It was an easy decision because the whole traveling from province to province calling restrictions are just too much hassle to deal with all the time. Now I can travel and call anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada. Not to mention 10GB a month? Awesome.

@KMG Some people sign up for promo plans to test them out or to give themselves more time to think it over 

Afterwards if they decide plan is not for them it is easy to sell on secondary market for a few hundred dollars usually 

@lowridin_guy Koodo tends to have far better price protection than Fido / Virgin. Nothing in life is guaranteed but I would not worry too much

@KMG wrote:

Isn't the $60/10GB promotion long gone now...?

Actually i find those who wants 10GB/m plan, they dont really need to use that much, just want a peace of mind.  And eventually use more at the end because they have a new plan. Smiley Happy

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Even though those 10GB plans offered by various providers are permanent, they didn't promise the price will stay $60 forever as they are BYOP not in a contract.  But then you could argue the same for PM where they could raise the price on our promotional $40 4GB

@KMG wrote:

@lowridin_guy wrote:

I am still debating whether to switch over to the 10GB plan with Koodo that I signed up for during the promo.  My current PM plan renewes tomorrow so I need to make the decision today.  I currenty use around 9-10GB/90 days but I am somewhat cautious with my data usage.

I am currently paying $30/month ($90/90days) with PM after rewards/referrals.  It's literally double for the 10GB plan but of course more flexibility with Data.  I also don't think we'll see either the 12GB/90 days or the 10GB/month plans anytime in the near future....

Any suggestions/guidance would be appreciated....

@KMG

It is. But the way I understand it the person had signed up for a 10GB promo and has run it parallel to their PM 12GB/90day promo for the last month or so. Now they are trying to decide which one they should let go.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lowridin_guy wrote:

I am still debating whether to switch over to the 10GB plan with Koodo that I signed up for during the promo.  My current PM plan renewes tomorrow so I need to make the decision today.  I currenty use around 9-10GB/90 days but I am somewhat cautious with my data usage.

I am currently paying $30/month ($90/90days) with PM after rewards/referrals.  It's literally double for the 10GB plan but of course more flexibility with Data.  I also don't think we'll see either the 12GB/90 days or the 10GB/month plans anytime in the near future....

MEU_21

@lowridin_guy wrote:

It's really hard to say what my future usage will be.  I used to be on the Rogers 6GB plan prior to my PM plan and at times I'd hit the limit.

I now have two young kids so the ability to tether their tablet to my plan is nice without having the fear of burning through 12GB in a month.  Decisions, decisions....

In your case, with such a high data usage, you should probably go to the 10GB/$60 plan if it is still available. PM would have to sell 1GB add-ons in the $4 range for them to be remotely competitive with the 10GB/$60 plans.

lowridin_guy

I appreciate the reply.  The savings towards a new phone is definitely tempting and one of the reasons this is a difficult decision.  🙂

It's really hard to say what my future usage will be.  I used to be on the Rogers 6GB plan prior to my PM plan and at times I'd hit the limit.

I now have two young kids so the ability to tether their tablet to my plan is nice without having the fear of burning through 12GB in a month.  Decisions, decisions....

Jonovision

You effectively have to see how long you can stay within 12gb over 3 months. Each month you stay  is a huge savings. Now if you ever required an extra 1gb you have that option up to 3 gb to break even with the Koodo price.   Can you see yourself using more than 15 gb of data over 3 month periods. Also the extra 1gb YOU buy rolls over to other months.  I think you could potentially save a lot of money staying. Your plan will also decrease in price every year.  That shiny new phone is staring at you... 

BigML

@lowridin_guy wrote:

I am in the same situation as you are, but decided to stay for now.  I am sure everyone has different priorities but for me, i just didn't want to pay double what I currently pay + if the speed increase to 4G, it will eat up data faster (although I am sure 10GB would still be big enough to cover the usage).  If you find yourself using data outside Wifi zone quite often, then you may want to switch.  For me, well over 50% of my usage happens at home (wifi zone with unlimited usage).  So I don't really need to switch.  Good luck.

lowridin_guy

Need Help? Let's chat.