cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

Well, 2 of 3 of my pm plans are expiring in 3 days so I just ported them. It was an easy decision because the whole traveling from province to province calling restrictions are just too much hassle to deal with all the time. Now I can travel and call anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada. Not to mention 10GB a month? Awesome.

Highlighted

Glad you were able to make use of that offer, and that it works for you @lukevader.

im sticking around here as the plan I’m on suits my needs better than the more expensive deal you have, as calling plan is overkill and so is the data amount.

i would just be wasting money if I took that offer.

Mayor / Maire

Yup same boat

Price per GB on the higher plans looks better but I never need that much data

(with Wifi everywhere I can not imagine how anyone does)

PLus with dual SIM phone could just drop in a Tablet SIM if ever needed

wrote:

Glad you were able to make use of that offer, and that it works for you @lukevader.

im sticking around here as the plan I’m on suits my needs better than the more expensive deal you have, as calling plan is overkill and so is the data amount.

wrote:

Yup same boat

Price per GB on the higher plans looks better but I never need that much data

(with Wifi everywhere I can not imagine how anyone does)

PLus with dual SIM phone could just drop in a Tablet SIM if ever needed

wrote:

Ya same here.  It was so tempting.  Then I remember back when I had 6gb old plan from Fido sometimes I would turn off wifi near end of month just for the sake of using up the quota.  I realize I don't really need that much of data so I am happy to stick with my 4gb for $40.

4 gb $40 province wide calling. 

Vs.

10 gb $60 Canada wide calling.

Right now it's only $5 month extra for a Canada wide calling add on but on the $40/4gb plan it wasn't even an option back then.

The only plan that even comes close to the $60/10gb plan here now is $67/5gb so more money for less. No thanks.

Mayor / Maire

wrote:

Vs.

Right now it's only $5 month extra for a Canada wide calling add on but on the $40/4gb plan it wasn't even an option back then.

The only plan that even comes close to the $60/10gb plan here now is $67/5gb so more money for less. No thanks.

@lukevader, right.... but for people that regularly/routinely don't even use up all of their $40/4gb plan data and don't do a lot of out-of-province calling (and there are many of us that fit this description, myself included), it makes very little sense to pay the extra $20 per month for the "more" that won't get used.  So you're right in that the 10gig plans are more for less, but possibly unused benefit for an increase in monthly cost for many people.  Everybody's own mileage will vary, of course.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wrote:

wrote:

Vs.

@lukevader, right.... but for people that regularly/routinely don't even use up all of their $40/4gb plan data and don't do a lot of out-of-province calling (and there are many of us that fit this description, myself included), it makes very little sense to pay the extra $20 per month for the "more" that won't get used.  So you're right in that the 10gig plans are more for less, but possibly unused benefit for an increase in monthly cost for many people.  Everybody's own mileage will vary, of course.

Heyyyy... No disrespect, but everyone has different circumstance and usage of data, so there is no point of continuing to reply in this thread talking about i did this and you did that, and so on.  All deals are gone, so keep enjoying your current plan until next time an amazing deal comes along.  Cheers.

Mayor / Maire

Even for those who use long distance its far cheaper to get an add-on or a calling card or a voip

Unless you live in Ottawa Cat LOL

But seriously wifi data is everywhere these days

So paying $60 + taxes seems kind of silly to me

Better to get a Tablet SIM or even activate a second line

ha....haa.......hahahaaa..............bbwaaahahahhahahahahahhahahaahaaaa

I couldnt refuse because of those naysayers saying they would be laughing at me when my $60/10gb rates went up.

Seriously, I just heard all you guys just got your rates upped??? I think pm now stands for "prodigious mammoth" mistake.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Let’s be honest... they’ll still be laughing when your rates do go up. 😂