cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

taylor7787
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New promo on Koodo for 10GB data for 60 per month. I have heard this includes unlimited talk and text as well. Do we expect anything like this on public or will i be making a switch as my renewal comes up in a couple of days

89 REPLIES 89

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not sure this will happen @shadowbanker & @Jonovision as mentioned above, my friend who switched to Rogers received a text saying there's no 24 month end dates for this... So there is hope yet.

- I'm still on PM I never go over my data and couldn't justify spending an extra $20 a month for 6 more gb

shadowbanker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BigML wrote:

@Jonovision wrote:

The reason I'm not switching is the big 3 will usually raise their price on your plan in 1 year. I've had it happen to my Rogers bill. It went from 50 to 59, these plans will most likely be raised to 70 dollar in one year.  So far Public hasn't forced a raise on us yet so I'm perfectly happy taking the loyalty reduction every year and having flexible u.s. roaming rates.  These items alone will save me 100s over the 60 dollar rogers\telus\koodo plans.  So if you go with these plans be comfortable at 70 a month.

Bell and Fido did jack up the price after few months or 1 year as well.  True story.

Agreed Fido did the same thing to me. They changed overage rates without any notification. As for Bell they've got terrible plans, even their Lucky Mobile plans are so restrictive and confusing and top it off with terrible customer service. Bell is a good company to be a shareholder of, not a customer.

shadowbanker

@KMG wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

@thymaster wrote:

And soon everybody will be leaving PM. This company have gone stupid lately. It's gone backward to 3G. Seriously 3G in 2017? Their plans really suck it's like they purposly don't want anyone joining them anymore. Sigh.

Yup. Hate to say it but nothing new came out today. All 3 of my phones in my family on pm were auto pay disabled today and are not due till the middle of Feb. Oh well, I'll burn up my data then port. Went and got k plans from mobile shop in superstore and got a total of 3000 pc points plus 3 packs of decadant chocolate chip cookies today. The guy told me it's been nonstop all day for this plan. 

I don't think PM cares that you are leaving for Koodo - they're both owned by Telus, so the same company still gets your $$ in the end.

Yep true that, and also if people are getting what they need out of their current plan, what's the point to upgrade unless they can get more for exactly the same price? If you're the kind of person who routinely needs to buy a data add-on because you go over your limit then I would see the point in upgrading. But if you're like me who only used 10 out of 12 gigs of my LTE data with the plan renewing in a day or two then the $60/10 gig plan is irrelevent. Why pay more for data that I won't use anyway? Not saying I'm staying with PM, I may just flip carriers every few months if I can help it, it's whoever gives me the best price for what I need. Right now paying $41/month for 90 days 12 gigs LTE. Can't get this much data on any other plan for that amount right now. So I'm staying put for now.

lukevader

@KMG wrote:
I don't think PM cares that you are leaving for Koodo - they're both owned by Telus, so the same company still gets your $$ in the end.

Ya thanks for pointing that out. I cancelled my koodo accounts and went to bell last night. 🤣

CaptainMazda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was thinking of switching to Robbers because my PM plan is up for renewal in 4 days, but decided against it. Extra GBs are just not worth making a deal with the devil for.

Noosiekins

@Jonovision wrote:

The reason I'm not switching is the big 3 will usually raise their price on your plan in 1 year. I've had it happen to my Rogers bill. It went from 50 to 59, these plans will most likely be raised to 70 dollar in one year.  So far Public hasn't forced a raise on us yet so I'm perfectly happy taking the loyalty reduction every year and having flexible u.s. roaming rates.  These items alone will save me 100s over the 60 dollar rogers\telus\koodo plans.  So if you go with these plans be comfortable at 70 a month.

A friend just went over to Rogers from Bell for this deal... Looks like it's not a 24 months thing.

She received this service msg "Great news about the plan that you recently purchased! We have upgraded this promotion. You originally signed up for a 5GB plan with a 5GB bonus for 24 months. This will now be upgraded to a 10GB plan with no 24 month end date. Thank you for choosing Rogers. We appreciate your business."

Poprocks

@Rustynayl wrote:

Well... I took the bait! Jumped over to Koodo this morning.

I really enjoyed my time with Public Mobile, and I was really hoping they'd give something to us heavy data users...I'll continue to monitor the site now and then to see if any good deals show up though. So long everybody! 😞

Same here. Couldn't have said it better myself. No hard feelings about PM. I've never been as satisfied with the service of a mobile company as I was with PM. But the deal was too good to pass up.

At least we've switched to a sister company. Kudos (no pun intended) PM! 

Rustynayl

Well... I took the bait! Jumped over to Koodo this morning.

I really enjoyed my time with Public Mobile, and I was really hoping they'd give something to us heavy data users...I'll continue to monitor the site now and then to see if any good deals show up though. So long everybody! 😞

@BigML, yes I do think you would have some people leave and you wouldn't have a mass rush of new people joining.  Even after people have signed up here they are surprised that there is no customer service call centre and are looking for it.  So yes same price more options people would leave.  As for new customers same deal but PM does have the upper hand on rewards so that may hold off some.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BigML

@Jonovision wrote:

Bell and Fido did jack up the price after few months or 1 year as well.  True story.

BigML

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@BigML wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This best describes Public Mobile so far during the 2017 promo season.  It is likely to be more of the same to year end. 

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

At the end of the day, we are just mere customers not decision makers.  The best way to influence the decision makers is to vote with the wallet.  Don't do the price match thing or ask for price matching.  Go where the deals are and let market forces drive the business decisions. 

Although I do not disagree with you, I think there is nothing wrong with asking for price match when all the competitors are participating in price match.  If enough customers "speak up", the business "better" listen to their voices and respond.  For those who "don't" speak up, most likely, they are just too lazy to switch around, but it does not mean they won't like the price match. I bet "everyone" loves and wants the price match.  Then, the only logical thing to do is to price match.  If PM does price match, they will not only keep their customers, but also, I bet a lot of people will join PM because people who were afraid of joinning PM because they had never heard of it before now know PM is not like FM which offers unstable services in many times.  If PM does not do price match, it may lose a lot of customers because all my referrals are now considering to jump.  Time is ticking.

@BigML I would have to disagree with this.  If PM offered the same price you would still have people leaving and not joining.  You would be at the same price yet there would still be no store, or call centre for the same price.  The ability for ROAM like home on many carriers also is a perk many people would like.  We must also remember these offers are still only for new customers so even PM did offer it you would still need a new account or find a new provider (which have the options I listed above).  Would you stay and pay the same and get less?  If so that is not smart shopping.

@ShawnC13 You're saying PM offers the same price people would still be leaving because there is no store or call centre.  Well, I don't know how many people are actually annoyed by that "no store or call centre" issue, but all my referrals, including myself, have always been fine without them.  In fact, if you have to keep reaching out to store or call centre, then it would only mean the serivce itself is bad, but so far, none of my referrals and I have experienced service issues.  Also, "roam like a home" is just a roaming service that you still have to pay and you would be traveling a lot outside the country.  If I were traveling frequently enough to really like/need "roam like a home" feature, I would never have signed up for PM.  Also, you say this offer is only for new activation or new customers... I don't know if you ever try to "negotiate" with the customer services, but most of existing customers do end up getting the offer after chating a bit... 

Jonovision

I should clarify, Ontario usually does get screwed over.  I never hear MB, QC or SK having issues like we do.  In fact those are the provinces we have go to the black market to get the cheaper plans.  I'm going to siitting this one out, just warning people what ocurred to myself and my brother who was on Bell. Of course we are in Ontario and that might explain it.  I'm not saying not to go for it, I almost pulled the trigger, no need to get hasty.

lukevader

@Jonovision wrote:

The thing you don't remember is people have been on the koodo $48 SK/MB plan for 5+ years and haven't had a price increase. Koodo is awesome and I'll come back to this thread in a year and remind u that I'm still paying 60 for 10. 

@BigML wrote:

@will13am wrote:

This best describes Public Mobile so far during the 2017 promo season.  It is likely to be more of the same to year end. 

At the end of the day, we are just mere customers not decision makers.  The best way to influence the decision makers is to vote with the wallet.  Don't do the price match thing or ask for price matching.  Go where the deals are and let market forces drive the business decisions. 

Although I do not disagree with you, I think there is nothing wrong with asking for price match when all the competitors are participating in price match.  If enough customers "speak up", the business "better" listen to their voices and respond.  For those who "don't" speak up, most likely, they are just too lazy to switch around, but it does not mean they won't like the price match. I bet "everyone" loves and wants the price match.  Then, the only logical thing to do is to price match.  If PM does price match, they will not only keep their customers, but also, I bet a lot of people will join PM because people who were afraid of joinning PM because they had never heard of it before now know PM is not like FM which offers unstable services in many times.  If PM does not do price match, it may lose a lot of customers because all my referrals are now considering to jump.  Time is ticking.

@BigML I would have to disagree with this.  If PM offered the same price you would still have people leaving and not joining.  You would be at the same price yet there would still be no store, or call centre for the same price.  The ability for ROAM like home on many carriers also is a perk many people would like.  We must also remember these offers are still only for new customers so even PM did offer it you would still need a new account or find a new provider (which have the options I listed above).  Would you stay and pay the same and get less?  If so that is not smart shopping.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jonovision

BigML

@will13am wrote:

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agreed - but as long as people keep paying, there's no incentive for the big 3 to reduce prices.

bilal684

@KMG wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

@thymaster wrote:

And soon everybody will be leaving PM. This company have gone stupid lately. It's gone backward to 3G. Seriously 3G in 2017? Their plans really suck it's like they purposly don't want anyone joining them anymore. Sigh.

Yup. Hate to say it but nothing new came out today. All 3 of my phones in my family on pm were auto pay disabled today and are not due till the middle of Feb. Oh well, I'll burn up my data then port. Went and got k plans from mobile shop in superstore and got a total of 3000 pc points plus 3 packs of decadant chocolate chip cookies today. The guy told me it's been nonstop all day for this plan. 

That is some crazy stuff... there's no real competition. They discuss deals behind closed door and all agree on making the same deal. Canadians pays a load for their mobile services...

KMG

@lukevader wrote:

@thymaster wrote:

bilal684

Still crossing my fingers and toes, PM will launch a promo, never lose hope. I just joined and I can't wait for a fall promo again 😛

lukevader

@thymaster wrote:

KMG

Public Mobile base plans are better-priced than other carriers.  It's only when it comes to promotions that it may be beaten.

AUniqueUserName
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I for one have canceled my auto pay and will be switching over.

Unless public mobile can offer anything even sort of similar I am abandoning this ship.

Honestly, I can not say it has been a good time here with public mobile.  I am paying way to much money for the poor ammount of data that I get.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hmmm even Telus is matching now so includes VoLTE and WiFi calling network features.

Meanwhile @ PM not a creature was stirring not even a MOD.

Ah I have heard this argument MANY times before @thymaster

When Telus bought them it was the end

When they forced people off CDMA plans it was the end

When BETA plans launched it was the end

When $10 monthly credits dissapeared it was the end

When retail stores closed it was the end

When 6GB plan increased in price it was the end

When call centre dissapeared it was the end

When 12GB promo plan doubled in price it was the end

When Legacy plans got price increased it was the end

When Public launched 3G plans and price increased LTE plans it was the end

When Public started charging $5 & the $10 for SIM cards it was the end

blah blah blah, so many posts about how Public will lose all clients and never get a new activation it is almost laughable if people were not trying to be serious

Very old & tired excuse by some people whining anytime Public makes a change (or competitors do in this case)

@thymaster wrote:

jeffster1970

@eforblue wrote:

I am seriously considering switching if public mobile did not come up with a matching plan in a a couple months.

This deal that everyone has on expires on Tuesday...jsyk.

bayard0

im considering switching my 3 lines too. unless PM can match it I don't see a reason why sticking

eforblue

I am seriously considering switching if public mobile did not come up with a matching plan in a a couple months.

@thymaster, the plans are not 3G.  The plans are all LTE, but the speeds are throttled to the rate of 3G technology.

The 4G plans do not have the throttled speeds, and if available due to conditions at the time of connections, may be very much faster than the throttled plans.

thymaster

Need Help? Let's chat.