cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

taylor7787
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New promo on Koodo for 10GB data for 60 per month. I have heard this includes unlimited talk and text as well. Do we expect anything like this on public or will i be making a switch as my renewal comes up in a couple of days

89 REPLIES 89

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c wrote:

Term have been revised since initial post (error or deliberate?)

Even Fido is now a true 10GB plan (funny to anyone who signed up on original 5+5 I hope they call in & switch)

Surprisingly Bell & Telus are also offering in ON now (still no Fido yet)

I dont understand where you are getting this idea? The details page is very specific that its 5 +5

For a limited time only, with new activations and phone upgrades only, get a 5 GB plan for only $60/month + 5 GB of bonus data for 24 months - that's 10 GB of data in all, when you bring your own phone.

jeffster1970

@KMG wrote:

It's hard to convince people to switch from prepaid to postpaid when they will lose $ on the unused time on their prepaid plans.  I would happily switch to this Koodo deal, but having just renewed my 90-day PM plan less than a month ago, I would lose over $100 in unused time to PM...

I realize that it's prepaid, but it's a little ridiculous that you would lose that much $ when switching between brands that all belong to Telus anyway.  Seems like a money grab.

Situations like this show the real disadvantage of the 90-day plans.

True.  My 90-days plan was being renewed on the 17th of this month, so I'm only out a couple bucks. Had this plan came out on the 18th, it would have been a harder decision. 

denkom

Thanks for clarifying! @kav2001c 

@Solid wrote:

Last day is the 19th. I guess I'll wait and see if Public has anything, otherwise I think I might switch... At $6/ gig, it's really hard to pass up...

(Also, I just accidentally burned through all my data and it doesn't renew until Jan 20ish so kinda good opportunity too) 

@Solid

If you decide to stay with PM you can renew your current plan early by adding the plan cost to your available funds and then contact the moderator team and politely ask them for an early renewal.

Solid

Last day is the 19th. I guess I'll wait and see if Public has anything, otherwise I think I might switch... At $6/ gig, it's really hard to pass up...

(Also, I just accidentally burned through all my data and it doesn't renew until Jan 20ish so kinda good opportunity too) 

@denkom Fido had it first

Virgin second

Koodo was third (last)

@denkom wrote:

Rogers & Fido are also offering this same promo:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/12/14/rogers-and-fido-offer-10gb-of-data-on-plans-starting-at-60-throug...

Interesting. I am curious if and how PM will respond.

denkom

@KMG Yup lol...pretty disappointing Smiley Indifferent

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seems that soon PM might be the only one NOT offering this deal...

denkom

Rogers & Fido are also offering this same promo:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/12/14/rogers-and-fido-offer-10gb-of-data-on-plans-starting-at-60-throug...

Interesting. I am curious if and how PM will respond.

Jeremy moves to Koodo and suddenly they have boffo plans to build their customer base!!! Robot LOL

Maybe I'll send Ralph to have a word with him.

RalphRalph

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Term have been revised since initial post (error or deliberate?)

Even Fido is now a true 10GB plan (funny to anyone who signed up on original 5+5 I hope they call in & switch)

Surprisingly Bell & Telus are also offering in ON now (still no Fido yet)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

they are only 2$ more a month.  think of it like insurance.

@KMG wrote:

Debatable whether switching to the 30-day plan from 90-day is a good idea or not.  Being on 30-days makes it easier to switch to another carrier if you find a good deal, but the 30-day plans are more expensive than the 90-days plans (hence why they are offered).

bilal684

@will13am wrote:

@KMG wrote:

It's hard to convince people to switch from prepaid to postpaid when they will lose $ on the unused time on their prepaid plans.  I would happily switch to this Koodo deal, but having just renewed my 90-day PM plan less than a month ago, I would lose over $100 in unused time to PM...

I realize that it's prepaid, but it's a little ridiculous that you would lose that much $ when switching between brands that all belong to Telus anyway.  Seems like a money grab.

I disagree.  We all make decisions based on the best available information at the time the decision is made.  Hindsight is 20/15, but nobody has a time machine.  If you are thinking long term, then sucking up the losses due to the 90 day contract you just signed is a tiny bump on road.  What's to say that Public Mobile would not surprise everyone with a scorching hot deal next week?  Nobody knows the future and there is no point in lamenting about the past. 

Do you know how often PM makes great deals? I joined 2 weeks ago and I cannot wait hehehe 😄

@KMG wrote:

I disagree.  We all make decisions based on the best available information at the time the decision is made.  Hindsight is 20/15, but nobody has a time machine.  If you are thinking long term, then sucking up the losses due to the 90 day contract you just signed is a tiny bump on road.  What's to say that Public Mobile would not surprise everyone with a scorching hot deal next week?  Nobody knows the future and there is no point in lamenting about the past. 

KMG

Debatable whether switching to the 30-day plan from 90-day is a good idea or not.  Being on 30-days makes it easier to switch to another carrier if you find a good deal, but the 30-day plans are more expensive than the 90-days plans (hence why they are offered).

bilal684

@KMG wrote:

Totally agree with you, I'm planning to switch for 30 days prepaid from now on... I joined 2 weeks ago and purchased a 90 days plan.

KMG

Acekiller

This could be the begining of something good 🙂

@will13am, totally agree with you.  If this discussed plan benefits you go for it.  For me it doesn't  I have way more data then I need now with the Fall Promo. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I am assuming that there will be no plan for PM, Telus want people to migrate from Prepaid to postpaid. On the other hand For some promos to arrive to Ontario, this is really rare

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This best describes Public Mobile so far during the 2017 promo season.  It is likely to be more of the same to year end. 

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

At the end of the day, we are just mere customers not decision makers.  The best way to influence the decision makers is to vote with the wallet.  Don't do the price match thing or ask for price matching.  Go where the deals are and let market forces drive the business decisions. 

@bilal684, but the plan costs in Quebec, are lower across the board, compared to BC, AB, and ON, where there really are no other competitors.

I do agree, Videotron is Rogers, as they use them as their roming partner across the country.

bilal684

@stonechucker wrote:

Quebec already has great plans.... Videotron forces competition.

Videotron has the worst network, just like Rogers... I don't have network at university... And I believe Videotron's plan are pricier than virgin / koodo / fido.... I don't see any competition at all, just canadians getting ripped off...

Quebec already has great plans.... Videotron forces competition.

bilal684

Anything good for Quebec residents? 😞

lukevader

Bell is also offering this. It's a real 10gb plan for 60 not a 5 plus 5 but its only canada wide text. International text 5 more a month. 

taylor7787

it very clearly says on the koodo website when you click 'legal stuff' on the main page (1) offer limited to new activations only in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario

where does it say 5 gigs

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@taylor7787 plan is only AB/BC

Where did you see ON?

Plan is only 5GB

(read the fine print)

Plan is price match to Fido (who actually has more features than Koodo)

Nothing to do with Koodo marketing

closng

Hi @taylor7787,

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to discuss competitor promotions on the community,

Need Help? Let's chat.