cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Koodo 10GB plan 60$ per month AB/BC/ON only

I am assuming that there will be no plan for PM, Telus want people to migrate from Prepaid to postpaid. On the other hand For some promos to arrive to Ontario, this is really rare

Oracle

@will13am, totally agree with you.  If this discussed plan benefits you go for it.  For me it doesn't  I have way more data then I need now with the Fall Promo. 

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This could be the begining of something good Smiley Happy

KMG

It's hard to convince people to switch from prepaid to postpaid when they will lose $ on the unused time on their prepaid plans.  I would happily switch to this Koodo deal, but having just renewed my 90-day PM plan less than a month ago, I would lose over $100 in unused time to PM...

I realize that it's prepaid, but it's a little ridiculous that you would lose that much $ when switching between brands that all belong to Telus anyway.  Seems like a money grab.

Situations like this show the real disadvantage of the 90-day plans.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KMG wrote:

It's hard to convince people to switch from prepaid to postpaid when they will lose $ on the unused time on their prepaid plans.  I would happily switch to this Koodo deal, but having just renewed my 90-day PM plan less than a month ago, I would lose over $100 in unused time to PM...

I realize that it's prepaid, but it's a little ridiculous that you would lose that much $ when switching between brands that all belong to Telus anyway.  Seems like a money grab.

Totally agree with you, I'm planning to switch for 30 days prepaid from now on... I joined 2 weeks ago and purchased a 90 days plan.

Highlighted
KMG

Debatable whether switching to the 30-day plan from 90-day is a good idea or not.  Being on 30-days makes it easier to switch to another carrier if you find a good deal, but the 30-day plans are more expensive than the 90-days plans (hence why they are offered).

Oracle

@KMG wrote:

I disagree.  We all make decisions based on the best available information at the time the decision is made.  Hindsight is 20/15, but nobody has a time machine.  If you are thinking long term, then sucking up the losses due to the 90 day contract you just signed is a tiny bump on road.  What's to say that Public Mobile would not surprise everyone with a scorching hot deal next week?  Nobody knows the future and there is no point in lamenting about the past. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@KMG wrote:

I disagree.  We all make decisions based on the best available information at the time the decision is made.  Hindsight is 20/15, but nobody has a time machine.  If you are thinking long term, then sucking up the losses due to the 90 day contract you just signed is a tiny bump on road.  What's to say that Public Mobile would not surprise everyone with a scorching hot deal next week?  Nobody knows the future and there is no point in lamenting about the past. 

Do you know how often PM makes great deals? I joined 2 weeks ago and I cannot wait hehehe Smiley Very Happy

Oracle

they are only 2$ more a month.  think of it like insurance.

@KMG wrote:

Debatable whether switching to the 30-day plan from 90-day is a good idea or not.  Being on 30-days makes it easier to switch to another carrier if you find a good deal, but the 30-day plans are more expensive than the 90-days plans (hence why they are offered).

Mayor / Maire

Term have been revised since initial post (error or deliberate?)

Even Fido is now a true 10GB plan (funny to anyone who signed up on original 5+5 I hope they call in & switch)

Surprisingly Bell & Telus are also offering in ON now (still no Fido yet)