cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wondering about long distance add ons...

BookishSphinx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased the 500 Canada wide long distance minutes add on for $5, which seems like an awesome deal. Just thinking that I might also purchase the 400 intl long distance minutes add on for $15, just in case I want to talk to someone in the US or abroad. Good deal too but not as good as the first add on.  So... what happens when I exhaust my regular minutes?  Will Public know to use my 500 Can minute add on first, and to only use the Intl minutes for US/Intl calls only or if I’ve exhausted my 500 Can minutes? Is Public Mobile’s system that sophisticated? Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BookishSphinx There are many free calling apps you can pick from if you have a smart phone, such as TextNow, Fongo... As long as you have wifi or data, you can call or text anyone in North America for free. You can call someone directly from your phone contact in the app. 

The add-on purchase will last until you use them all, but if you are no longer with PM, the add-on will be worthless. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BookishSphinx wrote:

I just purchased the 500 Canada wide long distance minutes add on for $5, which seems like an awesome deal. Just thinking that I might also purchase the 400 intl long distance minutes add on for $15, just in case I want to talk to someone in the US or abroad. Good deal too but not as good as the first add on.  So... what happens when I exhaust my regular minutes?  Will Public know to use my 500 Can minute add on first, and to only use the Intl minutes for US/Intl calls only or if I’ve exhausted my 500 Can minutes? Is Public Mobile’s system that sophisticated? Thanks in advance!

@BookishSphinx  It had recently been confirmed by the moderator team that it will use up the appropriate bucket depending on where you are calling. So if you are calling Canada it will use up the 500 minute bucket first as it should.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good question, I believe it should use up the more dedicated minutes first and then the broader. What plan are you on? If you are in 15 with autopay you can use textNow. A friend of mine recommended they she's been using it for some time and she said it uses very little data. I ended up switching so I didn't need

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@BookishSphinx It will use your plan minutes first unless the calls are international, then it will use your international minutes. If you use all your plan minutes it will use the Canadian minutes second.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@BookishSphinx  yes thats exactly how it works plus its there until all used

Need Help? Let's chat.