cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just thinking of this now - are there announcements for ending plans too

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know they promote new plans coming out, but I wondered if they also inform if such and such plan will be going away soon so now's your chance to hop onto it and keep it grandfathered at that point for those who wish to switch or switch back to it ?

If even one of you know what I mean I'm thrilled lol, having a hard time explaining it

8 REPLIES 8

@benfatto wrote:

@Pawprints1986  Plans offered online disappear whenever PM chooses; no notice is required. 
On the other hand, an already active plan is, almost, always grandfathered remaining available for renewal.
Price increases or cancellation of active plans does require notification of each affected customer. 

@benfatto, the part of your post that I have put in bold is not correct.  For a plan change they do not need to notify each affected customer.  For a price change to happen it only needs to be posted on the Plans page of the website for 30 days before the price change takes effect.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Sometimes, an annoucement is not needed to inform people of a expiring plan. In the case of the 1GB data-only plan, that plan was embarassing when it comes to a the price that it was offered at.  Also, based on how there was almost no reaction to the discontiuation of that plan, not many cared. For such an unpopopular price plan, it may have been best from a marketing standpoint to just let the plan quietly fade away.

ba14ii
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

<I know they promote new plans coming out, but I wondered if they also inform if such and such plan will be going away soon so now's your chance to hop onto it and keep it grandfathered at that point for those who wish to switch or switch back to it ?>

i believe it will be posted on the home page of the "community" by one of the mods. i recently signed up for their promo emails to let me know if new plans are coming, perhaps they also notify through that?

benfatto

@Pawprints1986  Plans offered online disappear whenever PM chooses; no notice is required. 
On the other hand, an already active plan is, almost, always grandfathered remaining available for renewal.
Price increases or cancellation of active plans does require notification of each affected customer. 

I believe that the $60 US roaming plan being discontinued came with a few hours notice only. And of course short notice whether only hours, days or even weeks is always going to be too little for some to see before it is too late. 

For example the 1 Gb LTE data only plan that @gblackma mentioned. I noticed that it was missing a day or two ago but I saw no announcements that it was going and saw no discussion on here about it being discontinued OR it being gone. AND, I’m on here quite a bit, virtually every day and sometimes for quite a bit of time each day. But I saw nothing about it being discontinued. So bottom line is to not count on actually getting a heads up of plan discontinuation.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 in my experience and yours too, the $30 data only plan disappeared a few weeks ago without any warning or announcement. Stay safe 

shep22

@Pawprints1986 Good morning I know in the past we usually received enough warning to change to a plan before it was gone or replaced

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 Hi most times they give us a little heads up if a plan is going away and at least enough time to change at next renewal

Need Help? Let's chat.