cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just switched providers to Public, have a question.

valrigard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old phone plan (virgin mobile) ends on the 4th of september. I just activated a switchover to Public mobile. Is there any way to delay my payment / start of my new (public mobile) plan until that date? Who would I speak to for this to happen?

10 REPLIES 10

It is a credit rating. A credit rating is for any type of credit like credit card, loan, or mortgage etc. 

@Colinh90 wrote:

my credit rating went up 49 points this  month, and 17 points last month. my dad never had a credit card when he was with virgin 7 years ago.  

That's because it hasn't been marked as non-payment, almost the worst thing thing that can be done to your credit history for the next 7 years.  Not paying over such a small amount is just a plain bad idea. You never know when you may need the credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Colinh90 

Can we assume you were registered with them using a correct valid current address and email address? And that it hasn't changed in all this time.

I'm with you about a bill. If I don't get one, I don't pay one. I had recently been wondering where a utility bill was. I logged in and saw that they had done some fiddling with dates and such. Two days later there's the bill in the mail. (yeah I know...old school)

But I don't intentionally avoid them either. Or skip out on them.

In this case you likely owe them money for services rendered. I kinda like just closing the chapter rather than always wondering...why didn't they ever bill me. After a while I might even call them. Um...aren't you gonna send me a bill?

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my credit rating went up 49 points this  month, and 17 points last month. my dad never had a credit card when he was with virgin 7 years ago.  

@valrigard wrote:

My old phone plan (virgin mobile) ends on the 4th of september. I just activated a switchover to Public mobile. Is there any way to delay my payment / start of my new (public mobile) plan until that date? Who would I speak to for this to happen?

Sorry, but since you've already activated, your plan has already started. There's no one to speak to about making any of this happen as there are no refunds at Public Mobile.

Watch your credit rating.

edit. What I should have said is,.....you are playing with your credit rating especially if you have been made aware (or not)  by Virgin that you owe them money. $50 debt not paid could prevent you from obtaining a mortgage or loan. 

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same issue 2 months ago, I just imported my number from virgin and it closed my virgin account right away and they never even sent me a bill... It doesn't really matter because my dad had a bill for $400 that he never paid for 7 years, And Virgin didn't bother him about it so he didn't even know he had $400 bill Until I went there and applied.. My last virgin bill never got sent to me (Which would've been $75) so I guess I'm not gonna pay it, why bother. It's already been a month and I've heard nothing from them.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@valrigard wrote:

You need to make sure your account is still live at Virgin if you want to port your number to PM. Porting your number will close your Virgin account. I had $50 left at Telus and with the perks and better PM plan....it was easy to kiss it good bye. 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@valrigard @Hi.once your cycle starts here you can,t put it on hold sorry

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@valrigard just leave it. you'll be prorated on your virgin bill. unless it's prepaid?

contact customer support mods here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.