cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased 400 Canada & USA LD minutes, but transaction states "Do_Not_Use

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I purchased the 400 min Canada & USA addon, but under the transaction history on my account, it says "Do_Not_Use" (See Image Below). Why am I not able to use this addon? Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before it is available or something?

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.41.51 PM.png

22 REPLIES 22

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WoozyPolarBear WOW, what a balance, talk about paying in advance, of the advance, of the advance, of the advance, of the advance, of the........ Smiley LOL

I just bought several sim cards at a good price (but not $1 each) with a similar plan in mind. I miss the $25/$25 referalls though, hopefully they will be back one day.

A question though, I thought I read that if you were getting say $20 in credits per month and were on the $15 plan, the plan would be paid for and the $5 in surplus credits would be lost. Your excess credits seem to be building up for future use say when you need the $60 plan for a long trip to the USA.

If excess monthly credits were lost, obviously you would be on the $50 plan right now!

Terry

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@popping wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@popping wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

Wow... over $1000 in your account.  You signed a 43 cycles contract with PM at $25/cycle by having so much money in your account. 

Did you got those fund from the $25/$25 referral promo?

Yes, all that money is from referrals. I signed up about 50 people at work in the past year. I just bought a bunch of SIM Cards off of some guy on ebay for $1/SIM and attached my referral code on them, and left them on the counter in the lunchroom/cafeteria. I work at a place with about 5000 employees.

That is a great way to get referrals by handing out SIM card like business card.

I have to admit I was happy with the response. My account balance is actually growing at about $30/month even AFTER my plan fee is deducted. Keep your eyes out for cheap SIM cards on ebay/Kijiji, etc and really go after the referrals during a promotion. I left about 100 SIM cards lying there, and 65 of those turned into signups. Of course a few people have dropped the service since then, but I still got the $25 promo credit, and still have over 50 active referrals.

When someone actually has the physical SIM card in their hand, they are much more likely to try out the service vs. just giving them a referral link/code.

Holy Dinah that would be the solution of the decade for every time someone posts how to get referrals.

WoozyPolarBear

@popping wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@popping wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

Wow... over $1000 in your account.  You signed a 43 cycles contract with PM at $25/cycle by having so much money in your account. 

Yes, all that money is from referrals. I signed up about 50 people at work in the past year. I just bought a bunch of SIM Cards off of some guy on ebay for $1/SIM and attached my referral code on them, and left them on the counter in the lunchroom/cafeteria. I work at a place with about 5000 employees.

That is a great way to get referrals by handing out SIM card like business card.

I have to admit I was happy with the response. My account balance is actually growing at about $30/month even AFTER my plan fee is deducted. Keep your eyes out for cheap SIM cards on ebay/Kijiji, etc and really go after the referrals during a promotion. I left about 100 SIM cards lying there, and 65 of those turned into signups. Of course a few people have dropped the service since then, but I still got the $25 promo credit, and still have over 50 active referrals.

When someone actually has the physical SIM card in their hand, they are much more likely to try out the service vs. just giving them a referral link/code.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@popping wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

WoozyPolarBear

@Anonymous wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@Anonymous 

It works, thank you for the number. I hung up before speaking to someone at the hotel though. This is my only addon.

And now you see one minute on your overview counter right?

Correct, now have 399 minutes left on the addon. Thanks for the suggestion and tip.

WoozyPolarBear

@popping wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@Anonymous 

It works, thank you for the number. I hung up before speaking to someone at the hotel though. This is my only addon.

And now you see one minute on your overview counter right?

WoozyPolarBear

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@Anonymous 

Thank you for the reassurance. I'll just go on with the assumption that it will work. I guess if the call to Atlanta goes through, then it worked. Otherwise it will probably give me a "call cannot be completed" message or something I guess.

It's $0.0375 per minute. Will it break the bank to do one call that connects just to satisfy your curiosity? 🙂

It's not about the cost, I just don't want to bother my sister in Atlanta at this time of night. It's after midnight there and she works in the morning.

1-404-659-2000

Here's the Hilton Atlanta. Something or someone will answer for your test. And the time of day doesn't matter.

Do you have any other add-ons...ie the 200 minute one?

popping

@WoozyPolarBear 

WoozyPolarBear

Ok, so I just called *611 and the feature is listed as being on my account, so fairly confident I'm good to go. Just still curious why it says "DO_NOT_USE". Must be some internal message for staff.

WoozyPolarBear

@Anonymous wrote:

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@Anonymous 

Thank you for the reassurance. I'll just go on with the assumption that it will work. I guess if the call to Atlanta goes through, then it worked. Otherwise it will probably give me a "call cannot be completed" message or something I guess.

It's $0.0375 per minute. Will it break the bank to do one call that connects just to satisfy your curiosity? 🙂

It's not about the cost, I just don't want to bother my sister in Atlanta at this time of night. It's after midnight there and she works in the morning.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@Anonymous 

WoozyPolarBear

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

I restarted the phone, and the feature in my transaction history still says "Do_Not_Use". I might just contact a moderator to have this fixed I guess.

I wasn't saying that restarting the phone would remove that description. Just ignore the description. It doesn't matter. If you can't make those calls then it matters. But you haven't tested it yet. So until you do...ignore it. My 200 minute add-on works fine and it still said that description months later in the payment history. It's passed into history now though 🙂

WoozyPolarBear

@popping 

I have the $25 plan that includes 1 GB and unlimited Canada Talk and Text.

popping

@WoozyPolarBear 

Which plan do you have?

Is you plan have any minutes?

IIRC, you cannot add minutes add-on to a plan which does not have call minutes.

WoozyPolarBear

I restarted the phone, and the feature in my transaction history still says "Do_Not_Use". I might just contact a moderator to have this fixed I guess.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear wrote:

@Anonymous 

This is showing up on the webpage on my laptop. Not sure how restarting the phone will affect anything here. But I'll give it a try I guess. I don't want to waste any of those minutes testing it for no reason. I'll just trust it works.

Restarting the phone lets the phone be sure it receives what all programming the service is subscribed to. But if you haven't tested it then maybe you don't have to yet. When that time comes that you might call the states or elsewhere and it doesn't work then you can think oh right I could restart the phone. Then if it still doesn't work *then* start complaining. 🙂

WoozyPolarBear

@Anonymous 

This is showing up on the webpage on my laptop. Not sure how restarting the phone will affect anything here. But I'll give it a try I guess. I don't want to waste any of those minutes testing it for no reason. I'll just trust it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WoozyPolarBear 

iirc the same thing is on the 200 minute add-on. Odd. Ignore it. Maybe restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.