cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just landed, roaming plan not working

vacek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Purchased a roaming plan for USA and data plan also 2 days ago. Just landed and data is working, but can’t make phone calls as it says I don’t have a roaming plan

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vacek wrote:

Update: Sorry, I got off the plane and had meetings/dinner so didnt have time to deal with this. I did however purchase ANOTHER USA Talk & Text plan and my phone then started working. So the 1GB data plan i purchased yesterday worked fine. My textting was working fine today also. Just my phone that wasnt working. It is clear in my account the purchase of everything went through just fine. But the phone portion did not work for whatever reason.

See screenshots attached for my account detail.Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 10.02.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-13 at 10.03.30 PM.png

@vacek I can explain why your phone isn't working:  it's because you bought the whole bundle again.  WHenever you seee two fo the US Roaming Talk add-on in your My Add-ons list like you've shown above, you can be guaranteed your talk service will not work, unfortunately.  To be honest I'm surprised the texting works with two active US Roaming Text add-ons at the same time, but good to know.  

@vacek wrote:

I'm not confident that PM is good for business users that rely on their phones. Everyone here tried o be helpful today and I appreciate that, but when a mod is needed quickly, it doesnt happen every time. After 5 hours I havent heard a thing.

@vacek no, the common community consensus is that PM is only for casual/personal use.  There are two many limitations to use it for business, such as having to manually request statements for expensing/tax write-off, and the support model does not lend itself well.  I personally would never recommend using it for business use, or anything that cannot tolerate a possible several-day service outage, such as on-call medical professionals, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vacek wrote:

Nothing against the people here, but the process ...

As mimmo_L said...it's not the mods...it's the company choosing to allow these kinds of delays to happen.

If responses happened in a matter of a couple few hours then maybe that would work for some. Particularly being a low budget outfit. But the many days is just ridiculous.

Alas. I don't own the company. 🙂

vacek

nothing against the mods. I've worked with them in the past and are very professional and quick to sort things once engaged.

But as you said, 3-4 days potentially is a real issue, especially when selling services that are expected to be applied promptly and then do not work.

If im sitting on my couch back in canada, and my data isnt working .... ok I can wait. When I travel and expect things to work as sold, of course a quicker response would be ideal.

In this case, if in fact I had to wait 3-4 days for a mod, I would be back in Canada and my entire USA trip would have been with no phone.

Nothing against the people here, but the process ...

mimmo

@vacekglad thing got working. definitely ask for a refund to credit for the extra addons you had to buy.  mods used to reply in 2-5 hours but unfortunately that is no longer the case it is 3-4 days.  its not their (mods)  fault its a company /staffing issue.

every interaction i have had with mods has been great and worth the wait.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vacek wrote:

Of course most of the time people here start posting when something doesnt work, what the forum is intended for largely is it not ? Where else would I go?

No no please. That was a comment of how the forum here sees people. We don't hear from the vast majority of customers out there. So yes all we see are the problems. Of course.

It sounds like you've done this many times before. Just this time was not your lucky day. So you got things working and then you've sent your message. I would agree that you should not have had to pay for more add-ons when the first purchases should have worked.

Hope it all works out for you.

vacek

i turned my phone on when I landed, it connected to AT&T (set to auto). Roaming is always on for everything and never changed.

Data worked, txt'ing worked, phone did not.

after a While & some restarts, I went to PM website, and purchased the talk/text plans again. Almost instantly (with no reboots, changing of carrier or anything) Phone started working. 

I didnt have time to mess with lost/stolen phone stuff (never even looked it up)

I've purchased this in the past, and it worked fine last time with no intervention by me. This time, not so much.

Of course most of the time people here start posting when something doesnt work, what the forum is intended for largely is it not ? Where else would I go?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vacek:

Can we assume you restarted after these purchases were made?

Did you try that suggestion of using the lost/stolen feature?

Did you turn on roaming for all the services you need?

Did you connect to AT&T or T-Mobile upon arriving?

Things do mostly work. There are bugs. As there are everywhere. Of course here, we only hear from those where something isn't working.

Alas.

vacek

yeah and dont get me wrong, i like "fiddling" with solutions to problems.

But when I purchase something like a USA talk/text the day before travelling, only to find out when I land in the USA it doesnt work ... something is fundamentally wrong. Something is broken.

I shouldnt be forced, while sitting in the back of an Uber, to fix a problem that should not have existed in the first place, while mowing through the data plan I purchased that was not for this purpose.

Generally, PM works fine .... just fix these "bugs" so when an add-on is purchased, it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vacek wrote:

I'm not confident that PM is good for business users that rely on their phones.

I would agree with that assessment. Business, parents, employment requirement, self-employed.

This is a low-budget no frills self-serve provider with several irritating bugs in the system. If a customer can stand to have a phone service down for a day or three then it's great to save all that money. There are also options to hold ones-self over until the problem can be fixed. But fiddling with things is not everybody's cup of tea.

If you need FAST response time to a business phone problem, then PM probably isn't the best option. If they ever get the actual PM troubleshooting dept running a bit faster, then I'd have more confidence. You could try subscribing to a VOIP service in the meantime. Good luck where ever you go.

vacek

Update: Sorry, I got off the plane and had meetings/dinner so didnt have time to deal with this. I did however purchase ANOTHER USA Talk & Text plan and my phone then started working. So the 1GB data plan i purchased yesterday worked fine. My textting was working fine today also. Just my phone that wasnt working. It is clear in my account the purchase of everything went through just fine. But the phone portion did not work for whatever reason.

See screenshots attached for my account detail.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 10.02.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-13 at 10.03.30 PM.png

It is pretty clear that purchases went through, but my account looks messed up and I think I'm now owed a refund of $16.00 for what I had to purchase today to get my phone working.

I've not heard back from any of the mods, but will add this detail to my original note I sent them earlier today.

I'm not confident that PM is good for business users that rely on their phones. Everyone here tried o be helpful today and I appreciate that, but when a mod is needed quickly, it doesnt happen every time. After 5 hours I havent heard a thing.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@vacek wrote:

Purchased a roaming plan for USA and data plan also 2 days ago. Just landed and data is working, but can’t make phone calls as it says I don’t have a roaming plan

So you purchased two addons, did you do the two step process for both?  I would login and see if you have both listed in your addon section.  If you don't see if you have money sitting in available funds that is equal to the cost of the talk and text addon.  If the money is sitting there you will need to re-purchase the addon and it will take the funds from available funds. If there are no funds and it is showing in your account as purchased make sure you have cellular roaming turned on as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Are you sure you purchased the right roaming package?

If right one, try to reconned to the network again after reboot.

mimmo

If add-on show try the lolost stolen trick. But u need to do it on wifi

@vacek wrote:

I purchased talk and text .... and also the 1GB data plan (which I’m now wasting dealing with this)

AT&T is correct 

If its an emergency use your data you purchased that is working to download a free voip number from the app store so you can at least make phone calls while you get this handled.

Post a screen shot of your account overview page and payment history, please. Sometimes add-ons are not properly purchased as it is a 2 step process, and even if that is done correctly they are many glitches at public mobile, it could be it was not added to the account. If you post screen shots we can check to see if they have been added to your account.

vacek

I purchased talk and text .... and also the 1GB data plan (which I’m now wasting dealing with this)

AT&T is correct 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@vacek wrote:

@vacekWhich exact plan did you purchase? Can you add a screen shot of your self serve account (minus personal details)? The first page when you log-in that shows My plan / My rewards / My Dada & Add-ons.

Since Data is working, I assume you are either on T-Mobile / AT&T network?

Need Help? Let's chat.