cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got offered a plan for $25 / mo that is unlimited data, canada calling and international txt.

okanagandave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to I get a hold of someone to see if Public will match?

32 REPLIES 32

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I am betting the OP is in or around Kelowna BC by his screen name and I believe that Freedom just launched there. So that probably explains the promo potentially just in part of BC. I wouldn't deal with Freedom either and a BiG benefit to PM for your kids phone plans is NO OVERAGE CHARGES! 

AE_Collector

I was also thinking about Freedom and how this could be some type of promotional variation of Freedom's prepaid $34 plan (reduced to $29 with digital autopay discount) that includes 2GB+3GB (bonus) data.

My thought exactly. It's alright if you are mainly travelling/living in the Ontario corridor.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I am betting the OP is in or around Kelowna BC by his screen name and I believe that Freedom just launched there. So that probably explains the promo potentially just in part of BC. I wouldn't deal with Freedom either and a BiG benefit to PM for your kids phone plans is NO OVERAGE CHARGES! 

AE_Collector

I was also thinking about Freedom and how this could be some type of promotional variation of Freedom's prepaid $34 plan (reduced to $29 with digital autopay discount) that includes 2GB+3GB (bonus) data.

I am betting the OP is in or around Kelowna BC by his screen name and I believe that Freedom just launched there. So that probably explains the promo potentially just in part of BC. I wouldn't deal with Freedom either and a BiG benefit to PM for your kids phone plans is NO OVERAGE CHARGES for anything.

AE_Collector

@DOA wrote:

PC Mobile operates on the Telus network.

PC Mobile no longer has any type of relationsship with Telus.  All remaining postpaid PC Mobile were moved to Koodo.

Welcome back ? @okanagandave . Lol. Hope your kid enjoys the plan. 

@okanagandave wrote:

Freedom Mobile.  Don't know much about them or their QoS but it's for my 12 year old so not super worried about performance.

Well, I JUST scoured Freedom's site, and I don't see that ANYWHERE, so it's either an in-store only kind of thing, or the OP saw too many mentions of "Unlimited", that were referring to Talk & Text.....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nezgar wrote:

Yeah, yech no thanks. Freedom mobile coverage leaves a lot to be desired. If you leave their main coverage cities, you're roaming on Rogers, which has hilarously bare-bones rural coverage, at least where I am (Saskatchewan). PM is great having access to the Telus/SaskTel network for a bargain price!

This plan will be okay for OP's 12 years old kid which stay within city most of time.

For me, I was with Mobilicity/Chatr for a few years and it was enough.  Moved to Zoomer $36 4GB plan... Now with PM $10 50/50 plan + Fido $10 4GB plan on a dual SIM phone.

Yeah, yech no thanks. Freedom mobile coverage leaves a lot to be desired. If you leave their main coverage cities, you're roaming on Rogers, which has hilarously bare-bones rural coverage, at least where I am (Saskatchewan). PM is great having access to the Telus/SaskTel network for a bargain price!

Freedom Mobile "Extended" (aka Rogers) CoverageFreedom Mobile "Extended" (aka Rogers) Coverage

sweden06

Yeah, they have some promotions right now. For instance 29$ for 5GB (2GB Nationwide) but as far as I understand it, it's 29 for a year before it reverts back to 34$. How long they will keep the bonus data of 3 GB,  I don't know.

popping

Nothing to see here.

Freedom $25 plan unlimited minutes and texts + 1GB data(not unlimited - may be unlimited with dial-up data speed)

@okanagandave my dads on a 2 year $25(30 with 5 balance phone payment). They are owned by Shaw. His plan is the same as PM $25 plan. Unlimited talk and text with 1 gigabyte of data. So I guess that this must be an improvement on this one.

@okanagandave wrote:

Freedom Mobile.  Don't know much about them or their QoS but it's for my 12 year old so not super worried about performance.

okanagandave

sweden06

@okanagandave wrote:

Absolutely happened!  Great deal and switching as we speak.  See your SuperStore mobile kiosk before Jan 31 as that's when the deal ends.  Plan would be $30 / mo but if you give a cc to autopay, they knock $5 off. 

So is it PC Mobile or a different provider ? 

okanagandave

Absolutely happened!  Great deal and switching as we speak.  See your SuperStore mobile kiosk before Jan 31 as that's when the deal ends.  Plan would be $30 / mo but if you give a cc to autopay, they knock $5 off. 

Oh and $20 to activate the account... missed that part

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If OP cannot show an account loaded with this deal, then it didn't happen.  

@sweden06 wrote:

Lol, everybody in this forum is waiting with bated breath 🤣

Well, not everybody, i.e. while I'm interested, just out of curiosity, I don't really care, because I really don't use mobile data much, because I can't stand surfing on a teeny, weenie screen.

sweden06

Lol, everybody in this forum is waiting with bated breath 🤣

Initially I just thought, what is everyone getting excited about...it's likely just Lucky mobiles equivalent of PMs $25 plan by the description and data drops to dead slow once the plans monthly data is used up. But then something about 2Gb LTE then 3G like speeds. I'll believe it when I see it, coukd be a special for a month or more only?

AE_Collector

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@okanagandave , Public Mobile doesn't match prices nor I don't think any other provider will. It's a President Choice (aka Superstore) promo. 

By far, Public Mobile has better plans and their different ways in saving more money such as:

• auto-pay ($2 a month),
  • loyalty royalty ($1 to $5 a month after one year to five+ years of staying with PM),
  • referral credit ($1 every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with PM)
  • and most importantly, credit if you hit the magic numbers in the community. If you one of the top 1%, earn $15 off for the month!

I was previously with Telus and Fido, and they had so many different types, but then they got rid of them. And to be honest with you, Public Mobile's community is way cooler! 

PC plan may look enticing, but, you get what you pay for. I guess, you could leave, but like always, people come back to Public Mobile!

I suspect this to be a case of not paying attention to the details too closely..... however, I will patiently await the final verdict to be rendered..... 😉 

popping

@DOA wrote:

Details please!

@okanagandave wrote:

Will find out some details and post but it's at the superstore cell phone store... not sure of provider just yet.

Here is PC Mobile offers and there isn't anything like what you listed    https://www.pcmobile.ca/prepaid_offers_promotions.jsp

For $25 it is 250 Canada wide minutes unlimited text and 250 mb of data.  Interested to see what this offer is

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping

@okanagandave wrote:

Will find out some details and post but it's at the superstore cell phone store... not sure of provider just yet.

Knowing the mobile providers represented by The Mobile Shop, inside Superstore.  The unlimited data will be slow speed after using all alloted data for the current billing cycle.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

okanagandave

okanagandave

No term, month to month.  First 2GB @ LTE and the rest @ 3G.

popping

@okanagandave 

Make sure the unlimited data is not slow speed data after using all monthly data quota.

PM is a prepaid service.  Prepaid service providers in Canada do not price match each other.

Which provider offers $25 unlimited data?

How is the service area?

Is there any signal on highway?

sweden06

@gblackma wrote:

Congrats, is there a term limit? PM will not match it. So, we are sad to see you go. Remember to keep your PM account active, in ordermto port your number out.

@okanagandave wrote:

Smiley LOL

You are my hero, mate Smiley LOL

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Congrats, is there a term limit? PM will not match it. So, we are sad to see you go. Remember to keep your PM account active, in order to port your number out.

@okanagandave wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This sounds like a scam.  No carrier brand charges that little for unlimited data.  If this too good to be true deal was offered, what is the point of asking for a price match?  Take the offer before the offer is withdrawn.

Need Help? Let's chat.