cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just added 200mb add on data and it used 5.293mb of data

orangelegobrick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just added 200mb of add on Data to my talk and text plan, and immediately it used up 5.293mb of data?  What gives?  I saw this right away when it went back to my overview page.  My phone even has its data turned off, and I only turn it on when I need to use data.  Most of the time I am within wifi range.  Public mobile you owe me 5.3mb of data!

32 REPLIES 32

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@orangelegobrick wrote:

I just added 200mb of add on Data to my talk and text plan, and immediately it used up 5.293mb of data?  What gives?  I saw this right away when it went back to my overview page.  My phone even has its data turned off, and I only turn it on when I need to use data.  Most of the time I am within wifi range.  Public mobile you owe me 5.3mb of data!

It was probably your phone itself doing it. You likely have system apps (or apps you installed) that bypass data disables. I know I have used over 2MB this month and have not had data turned on since November. If you have not had data before or recently, it's likely you had a few things your phone felt needed done over data right away. Maybe like an MMS text sent to you previously? Those require data to view, check any old messages you couldn't see before and see if they are displaying now.

Indican
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's really hard to say how it happened, but you could easily use 5Mb almost instantly nowadays, depending on what you were doing.

Need Help? Let's chat.