cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just activated on the weekend promo - no discount?

AncientWords
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It took me hours to actually get through to my SIM card actually activating, had to keep filling out the forms - originally it showed that I would be paying $44.80, but my card was charged $56 and my account shows no reference to the $40 promo plan. Further, I didn't get the $10 credit advertised for being referred by a friend.

How do I get this fixed?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

AncientWords
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you guys!

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@AncientWords 

With Public Mobile, you do have to pay your first month's fee in full (and SIM card fee if applicable) up-front.

No worries though, you will get the credits owed to you and your next bill will be reduced appropriately. Your next bill should be surprisingly less.

Any remaining credit at that point will be carried forward in your Available Funds and applied to future bills.

@AncientWords 

You will need to pay for first month at full rate.  $50 + taxes.  The $10 credit (friend) will be in your account within 72 hours. The $10 discount for special $40 weekend promotion will be credited within 7 business days. 

Here are the terms for the promo:

$10 credit will be applied to eligible Ready-made rate plan of $50/month for 6 months. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 7 business days for the discount to be applied. This offer is subject to change

without notice.

If not, then contact moderator as described above. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@AncientWords  As others say it should arrive within 72 hours, if for some reason it does not then, and only then I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, wait 3 business days and click on your payment history in your self-serve account to verirfy if you still didn't get the $10 friend referral reward, and also to verify about the other payment issues you mentioned. Then if there still a problem, you'll have to write a private message to the Moderator Team and ask them to help you fix all your issues, here's a link to show you how if you don't already know:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Private messages can be written by clicking on the envelope button in the top right corner of your screen when you scroll up to the top, then type in "Moderator Team" as who you want to send message to, and they'll write you back within 72 hours or so - then they'll fix everything for you so be patient.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AncientWords 

Did you select tge "Limited time: $50 8GB plan for $40 for first 6 months” plan?

You will get the $10 credit within 72 hours after activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.