cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will13am
Oracle

Re: Ive noticed that my phone calls get cut off when im approaching 2 hours of talk time

@wickedgx wrote:

Yeah there should be a limit on unlimited minutes. If everyone left their phone in a call (maybe some bots), that would prob break the system.

This.  When I was with Wind, I can attest that the cut off is exactly at 2 hours.  I don't know what the limit for this service is, but it probably has one.  On Rogers, the cutoff seems not as repeatible but it is around 3ish hours.  For 99.99% of the time, nobody will notice it. 

PMOttawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Ive noticed that my phone calls get cut off when im approaching 2 hours of talk time

anybody has it figured out got cutoff twice after 30min sharp. I get it that for 2hours they would cut you off, but 30 min that is short, as wait time when calling anywhere for service these days can easily be over that lenght (specially when you get transfer 2-3 time)

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I had no idea this was a thing... What if you're on hold with a company and you lose your spot?

I can see they don't want useless calls taking up space, but there should be some way to distinguish... Or max it out to like 6 hours or something

Many of us don't have land lines anymore..... 

awesomegirl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

for me it automatically cuts off right when it hits 2 hours and 31 minutes exactly

Retlaw58
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was cut twice exactly 2 hrs 30 minutes 54 seconds.  the clock seems to reset if you message/text yourself or someone else prior to the cutoff time.  It worked once so far for me. Perhaps it shows activity on the SIM card.  I was able to go 3 hours and 40 minutes and finally the CRA  answered.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Retlaw58 wrote:

I was cut twice exactly 2 hrs 30 minutes 54 seconds.  the clock seems to reset if you message/text yourself or someone else proir to the cutoff time.  It worked once so far for me.

Oh that's an interesting hack. I'll have to test that next time I'm on a long call to see if I can get it to last longer than 2h31m!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Retlaw58 wrote:

I was cut twice exactly 2 hrs 30 minutes 54 seconds.  the clock seems to reset if you message/text yourself or someone else proir to the cutoff time.  It worked once so far for me.

Hi @Retlaw58 this has been discussed recently.  Please read this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/2-5-time-limit-per-call/m-p/672845

As I have a landline, I don't have a problem keeping track of my talk minutes. lol  That's why I don't give my mobile number to sister lol she loves to talk. 😂😂😂

Happy Easter Monday

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Retlaw58 

If that works - that is a great piece of information to share.

If anyone happens to be able to test this, please post it on this thread.

@will13am wrote:

@wickedgx wrote:

Yeah there should be a limit on unlimited minutes. If everyone left their phone in a call (maybe some bots), that would prob break the system.

This.  When I was with Wind, I can attest that the cut off is exactly at 2 hours.  I don't know what the limit for this service is, but it probably has one.  On Rogers, the cutoff seems not as repeatible but it is around 3ish hours.  For 99.99% of the time, nobody will notice it. 

I suspect that when a call disconnects unexpectedly, the customer could often think that it was simply a network anomaly.  I do realize that things might be different over the last year, with people making more use of their phones because the difficulty and inability to meet with others, but you're right that many people wouldn't notice a call time limit with people communicating more by text and instant messages. 

Need Help? Let's chat.