cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It shows Public Mobile LTE

withashout
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  I thought Public Mobile offers maximum 3G data transmission and on phone calls yet the top left corner of my cellphone shows Public Mobile LTE when I am not in WiFi range.

Why doesn't it show Public Mobile 3G?

8 REPLIES 8

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

@sulagok "What's in a Name That which we call a rose." that's hilarious.  Pure gold.

Did you DDG the phrase?

Yeah I know Google is easier to say but I use duckduckgo so what'r'y'gonna do. 🙂

Been in the head since high school dayz, from one of Shakespeares Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dna2016 wrote:

@sulagok "What's in a Name That which we call a rose." that's hilarious.  Pure gold.

Did you DDG the phrase?

Yeah I know Google is easier to say but I use duckduckgo so what'r'y'gonna do. 🙂

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@withashout wrote:

Hi.  I thought Public Mobile offers maximum 3G data transmission and on phone calls yet the top left corner of my cellphone shows Public Mobile LTE when I am not in WiFi range.

Why doesn't it show Public Mobile 3G?

You can make the phone say 3g if you wish by changing the network type selection.  With the 3g data plans, you would actually get faster speeds a lot of time by doing that, although the ping/response time to start loading webpages may take slightly longer (we're talking a few milliseconds here).

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@withashout, there are both Full Speed LTE plans, and throttled LTE plans (called 3G Speed).  

As mentioned, the data is delivered on the LTE network if you’re connected to it, or falls back to the 3G network if you have poor access to LTE, or force tour phone to 3G networks.

AarDoubleU21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

if you just got the new connection, then avoid doing the Speedtest. I did it myself and got 192Mbps and it used my 197Mb of data right away..

I think the data speed is LTE for the first few days and then it goes down ..

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @withashout,

What's in a Name That which we call a rose....... I think it all boils down to the speed limit set by the network provider, if you have set your data to 3G it will be indicated on the phone and the download speed still the same when I tried it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM's 3G is actually LTE data slowed down to 3mbs  the 3g is a misnomer consider 3g to mean LTE-slow

Need Help? Let's chat.