cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It looks like Public mobile charged my credit card two times this month

haridaskarumali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

When I check my credit card statement, I see that public mobile charged me two times this month. I would like to get an explanation as to why I was charged twice and need the refund.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

@haridaskarumali

Just wanted to share that everytime I shop at Superstore online they put a charge on my credit card that is double what I paid for the product. Then I also see a charge for what I actually bought. 

I called them and they do this to make sure your card has plenty of funds. The second charge is sometimes cleared immediatley, and sometimes takes a few days. This also happens with Canadian tire gas bars. The pre approved amount is charged then they charge your card for the amount you actually used.

All this to say, this is fairly normal, no shady buisness happening here. But do keep an eye on it.Do you have an extra credit on your account?

Cheers

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Some companies put a hold on your credit card which could be what happened in this case. I'd advise you wait a day and then contact a Moderator if the charge hasn't disappeared.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@haridaskarumali apparently the second charge should disappear from your statement within 24hrs. if it doesn't you can contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.