cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

rolomonster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hi! Currently I'm a 30 day plan but have future dated to start on the $120 4gb plan in a few days. Anyway for me to get the plan to start now? I just ran out of data. I am also set up in Auto Pay if that matters at all.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Just top up and pick the 6GB 90 day provincial talk and global text. They'll change it to the 12GB later.

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Bummer. I was hopeful for you......admire your industrious attitude though.

arlockhart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@KK I am definately too late for that - my service has already been suspended. The dynamic autopay went through yesterday, weirdly it was for $108. I seem to have gotten two autopay bonuses? I mean this is only my second 90 day cycle with PM. 

All in all, I am confused, mobile phoneless and therefore trapped at work. But its okay, because my coworker just brought coffee and I have a lot of work to do anyway...

KK
Sounds like you don't have a problem yet. Have you tried depositing the $120 in your account before the payment goes through? There is an option to do this even if you are signed up for auto pay. I have read that this should work. I would be interested to hear if it pans out. Personally, I might not select a different plan. They are going and fixing this up and I wouldn't to muck that up.

arlockhart

@DonS I have the same problem (different original plan though). Was supposed to start the fall promo plan today. I have PMd the mods as well. Can you let me know when you get a reply - you are a few hours ahead of me in line. I am aware the Mods are busy. Sadly, without a phone, I am trapped in my office and won't be able to go home tonight. Man Sad

Anyone know if it is possible to buy a 10 or 30 day pass while I wait for the plan to be put on? Seems like a reasonable way to mitigate the problem and (hopefully) get to sleep in my bed tonight (but I would rather not have to give up on the promo). 

KK
@march_in_march, there is nothing you can presently do. Just put in a ticket and they will fix it eventually. The problem can apparently be avoided in the future by depositing the funds for payment in your account. It is apparently a known glitch with the autopay system that plan changes are rejected unless the funds are pre-deposited. However, no worries, PM has a good rep for honoring the intended change and fixing the problem.

DonS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had:

CURRENT PLAN
90-day pass$140 per 90 Days
This plan includes: -
- 6GB Data
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- 3 Choices

Set up the system to change to

NEW PLAN
90-day pass $120 per 90 Days
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
- 12GB Data
- Fall 2016 Promo

But plan did not change, my autopay failed, and I was without servicee until I figured out what happened.

Can I get a PM from a mod please?

march_in_march

My new plan did not kick in duting the renewal process.  I originally has the $120 for 6GBs and chose renew with the new fall promo for 12GBs @ $120 and it didn't work. I know  lot of you are having issues but has any mod mentioned what we need to do? I PM'd one and never got an answer back.

mynutz

CURRENT PLAN
90-day pass$135 per 90 Days
- 6GB Data
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- 3 Choices

Set up the system to change to

NEW PLAN
90-day pass $120 per 90 Days
- Unlimited Provincial Talk
- 12GB Data
- Fall 2016 Promo

But plan did not change

KK
I got excited and just checked hoping they had a system wide fix. Seems possible since everyone who chose $120 plan would reasonably want the fall promo. Alas, still case by case. Mine still incorrect. Back to waiting.

Jonavin

OK we're getting closer. Did not get a response from a mod but I just checked my account right now and the billing and plan info shows the proper plan now (12GB $120 and "Expired"). Only problem now is the Data Addon part still only shows 6GB?  Strange.

ryanwoo
Only if you have services. My second day calls is not working because plan change and I am not a new user to PM.

Jonavin

Good thing the reception and speed is rock solid. At least there's one thing they don't have to worry about.

Rockdaddy22
🙂 It's getting better everyday.

Jonavin

I'd love to be a fly at their daily scrum meeting...

Rockdaddy22
They're working hard to get to people with failed ports or mixed service. But of course you can always pm a mod.

Jonavin

@keilor welcome to the club. Maybe PM @Jeremy_M or another mod to get it resolved, eventually. We're a lot lower priority at this point.

Rockdaddy22

keilor

I started with Public Mobile about 3.5 months ago with the 6GB/unlim prov talk/unlim txt msg for $120 every 90 days.

When the Fall Promo, 12gb plan was annouced, I future dated a switch to that plan effective for around November 14.

When I look at my account details, it says I am still on the 6GB plan.

Rockdaddy22

esaad86
My plan was future dated to the 12gb Fall 2016 promo plan and was supposed to be reflected today on my renewal but didn't change over to the new plan. Can I have a mod please look into this for me? Thanks

Jonavin

My plan did not change also. Still on 6GB after the plan renewed.

Jonavin

Curious to know who doesn't have this issue. Seems like everyone with a future dated plan change is affected. They really should fix this bug and not waste the mods time; not like they need any more work.

ryanwoo

My "failed future dated plan change" was fixed finally after a week. Thank you! However I can't make and take any calls. text and data are working fine. pmed mod already.

But this is urgent, please help ASAP!

Tommyd
your data doesnt roll over, ld add-ons don't expire as long as you keep your plan current and don't let it expire

renforth

Hi ,

I'm having this  issue, I changed my plan  to 12g/3m(promo) on Nov 4th. The reneal day is 21th, Nov. However I checked yesterday , the plan doesn't change.Anyone would help me out?

Rockdaddy22
Only LD minutes

Civic_E

@Rockdaddy22 Good morning. Do you know if unused data from 12gb gets rolled over to next billing cycle? or that only for LD mins add-on?

Rockdaddy22
You're better off trying to deal with these account issues in a couple weeks. Mods are extremely busy trying to deal with all the people without service. It's a known bug and it happens to everybody, it'll be an easy fix once things get back to normal around here. Unless you plan on using all 6GB in the first couple weeks.
Need Help? Let's chat.