cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Future Dating" your rate plan?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you're experiencing any issues with "Future dating" your rate plan, please reply to this topic and share your experience with us.

In doing so, are awesome Community and moderators will be able to assist you 🙂

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

407 REPLIES 407

@khanhee hey don't display your phone number in the graphic

Anyone can read it on here

khanhee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here's what I see in my account. I really need the extra data ASAP since I planned a trip based on the fact that my plan would switch over to 12GB properly.

Capture.JPG

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It'll be fixed before spring, please don't stress about it. They're working hard on service issues at the moment.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@apearse Not really concerned at this point. I still had some data left the last period when it was 6GB only. It just need to be fixed before Spring when we'll be out a lot more in places without wifi.

apearse
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jonavin, I am in a similiar position. When I look at my current plan (the one that was future dated with the promo) it shows:

Pick & Pay
 This plan includes: -
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Oddly, under "My Account", under My Add-Ons, it shows

• Booster NameAmount Used
    6GB Data
    42.871  /  6144 MB

Frankly I am in a great spot in comparison to those who lost service as part of the switch over or new customers. I would be content to be pushed further down the queue in place for those who have no service. For the rest of us who have service AND just want the 12GB, I'd like to remind you that you have 6GB to work with and I am confident they will address the matter before you blow through the 6GB. Just some perspective.

Jonavin

@khanhee Your plan details doesn't show the 12GB promo? I have the problem where it does show the 12GB plan in the plan description but the data allotment still says 6GB.

khanhee

It has been 2 weeks since I have heard anything from any of the moderators and PM community staff.

After @Jeremy_M said he manually switched my plan over from the 6GB 90-day to the 12GB 90-day on November 20, I was unable to log into my self serve account. What I saw when trying to login was this: 

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

-------------------------------------

I then reset my password and was able to login again. However, my plan is STILL not switched to the 12GB plan. I see there is a future dated plan change on Feb 18, 2017 but I should have been switched to 12GB on November 20th, when I requested it to be changed. My account still says I have 6GB of data instead of 12GB. What is going on here? I know you the mods are busy but it's been over 2 weeks. Can someone please look into this immediately? I have a trip next week and I need the plan switched over! 

@Jeremy_M @Mary_M @Shazia_K @Brooke_C @Saray_O @Cat_L

Rockdaddy22
Don't count on it. I'd load enough money to cover your old plan just incase.

Kawsarmirdha
I future dated that offer and its supposed to be renewed in dec 6. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it switches over automatically.

Rockdaddy22

gc99

I too, am experiencing my future dated plan not taking effect on my renewal date which included the promo 12GB over 90 days. I will PM one of the mods

Rockdaddy22
You'll have to remind me what I said lol

ArisingPeace

@Rockdaddy22

lighten up man

bradp36
My plan did not change on renewal date about two weeks ago but Mary just fixed it today. I know they are extremely swamped so two weeks for this issue isn't too bad.

tealeafx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the issue of 10 day plan not changing 12 GB promo on next renewal. Sent a private message to moderators with my account# and phone yesterday, and its been fixed today. So thanks to all the moderators for their speedy work! Hopefully porting my number from Rogers goes smoothly.

darkdragon88

Yup. Coming from an IT background just make a query to update your database. This way you can solve all the problems at once rather than manually doing each one. The beauty of a query is that you can save it and just run it whenever -even automatically. Honestly though, just look at two user's accouts, make a change to one of them and see where the changes lie. 

EDIT: I wanted to quote what Jonavin said 2 pages back.

Rockdaddy22
It's more likely someone fixed it for you. It doesn't just fix itself

ArisingPeace

Happy to report that my plan did change on its own...not saying that will be the norm for most, but looked like the system/my account needed a bit of time to switch over

my earlier post

@Jonavin I actually have a theory there is a cursed flag that when set causes everything to go wrong 

I even have 2 personal accounts where 1 basically works fine and the other... well... has anyone ever told you about the apocalypse? Cat Wink

KK
@Sumeet, just send a message to a moderator. They will fix it.

Sumeet

Old plan: 

3gb of data 

unlimited province talk 

unlimited text 

New plan (promo): 

12gb of data 

unlimited province talk 

unlimited text 

it didn't chnage though

Jonavin
Actually my last future dated change from 3GB to 6GB *did* work, to my surprise.

Rockdaddy22
And our money 🤑

@Rockdaddy22 and usually we don't lose our numbers during an attempted plan change Cat Wink

Rockdaddy22
That's correct, plan change has never worked unfortunately. I was a simple fix in the past. When the plan doesn't change there's no problem.

@Jonavin I suspect they do not know root cause. Not the first time plan changes failed or promo plans did not activate.

I still remember the day I activated I tried to choose Plan E and system bugged out and overbilled me

Actually, not once in 2 years has a plan change worked. I have ALWAYS messaged mods afterwards. Seriously.

Jonavin

Probably too easy to say, just run

UPDATE UserAccounts

SET Plan = 'FallPromo'

WHERE 

AccountID IN (SELECT AccountID FROM PlanChanges WHERE NewPlan = 'FallPromo' AND EffectiveDate > '2016-11-20')

Yes I am simplifying it but if they know what the problem is and can fix it manually, there's no reason why that can't be automated.... unless they don't know the real cause... in which case, automation could cause more issues. 

Jon
Hi
Same problem as everyone else. Just auto renewed my plan today and it is still on the 6gb plan when I signed up for the 12 GB plan. Guess I'll msg a mod.
Need Help? Let's chat.