cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Issues with $15 plan

@ajain wrote:

Just read this-
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-Unlimited-Text-and-100-mins-of-Talk...

Under the FAQs,

The first question -

What does and does not use my minutes?

It says, Uses Minutes - 

1. Making a call

2. Answering a call (i am assuming, this must mean, even receiving calls deducts minutes?)
    //although that said, i also totaled my incoming and outgoing, and it sums to somewhere around 40 minutes. So, even by this logic, i should have had about 60 minutes or so!

3. Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages
  4. Using call forwarding

That announcement was announcing the $15 plan on Mar 15. The plan got changed later on like end of April or thereabouts without any announcement. It was discovered on April 30th by user TMS.

The plan didn't originally have unlimited incoming talk. So then point #2 is (if you're still on it) /was valid. But with the addition of unlimited incoming talk...point #2 is no longer relevant.

The new version of this plan will use minutes for all outgoing calls except most toll free #'s and calls that drop to voicemail. Dropping to voicemail is effectively call forwarding so it seems to me that call forwarding doesn't use minutes either.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have tried reporting lost/stolen and suspend account.  Waited 15-20 mins and reactivate account.  Also took out SIM and battery.  Nothing...same issue.  

Has anyone tried to cancel the account all together and using a new SIM card, re-register thereby somehow nullifying the old and establishing a new to somehow start fresh?  Would this work?

Mayor / Maire

@HarveyW 

You can ask the moderators to cancel your account but it's not necessary when you can just let it lapse without paying.

You *could* re-sign-up with a new SIM but you won't have your other number short of several gyrations of porting out and back. You would also need to use a different email address...which of course these days isn't difficult.

Another weird trick is to manually add another $1 to the account and upon success, restart the phone.

Weird trick about manually adding $1.00 to the account? I don't get it when a credit card was put down.  How would that do the trick to somehow getting out of that msg of not having a long distance add on?

Mayor / Maire

@HarveyW wrote:

Weird trick about manually adding $1.00 to the account? I don't get it when a credit card was put down.  How would that do the trick to somehow getting out of that msg of not having a long distance add on?

I know it's weird but it has been found to reset things in the account on many occassions. It's like with the lost/stolen feature...it kinda gives the service a kick to reset it.

These tricks are mostly useful as workarounds while waiting for the moderators.

With this problematic $15 plan, the trick may not do it. But it's worth the try. You'll just have an extra dollar in your Available Funds for the next renewal.

Thanks for your response-much appreciated.

@z10user4 i switched to this plan just the last cycle, around 22 April, so i am guessing i am on the older version, whereby i have limited incoming?

but more importantly, even if that were the case, i still should have ample minutes left!

i have sent a message to the team moderator ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437 ), but havent received any response yet Smiley Sad

Mayor / Maire

@ajain wrote:

@z10user4 i switched to this plan just the last cycle, around 22 April, so i am guessing i am on the older version, whereby i have limited incoming?

but more importantly, even if that were the case, i still should have ample minutes left!

i have sent a message to the team moderator ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437 ), but havent received any response yet Smiley Sad

Remember that the $10 plan and the original $15 plan is all calls in and out. (except most toll frees and callers that drop to voicemail)

Finally, one of the mods, upgraded my $15 plan to the newer version, i.e. unlimited incoming, and gave me about 20 extra mins for this cycle.

My plan will automatically use the newer version from next cycle.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ajain wrote:

Finally, one of the mods, upgraded my $15 plan to the newer version, i.e. unlimited incoming, and gave me about 20 extra mins for this cycle.

My plan will automatically use the newer version from next cycle.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Always nice when things get sorted!