cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Issues with $15 plan

So there are a couple of issues i have been facing since i downgraded to the $15 plan.

1. Suddenly it appears, as if the reception has become bad.
    Many a times people are not able to reach me, despite i can see the network signals?
  2. There have been frequent dropouts in service.
  3. I have barely made any out going calls, and havent receviced many incoming either, regardless, i received a headup message that only 10 minutes are remaining in the plan?

Can you please help me with these issues.

Thank you!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Issues with $15 plan

@ajain You are not the only one, many people have been having problems with that plan. They are working on fixing it but haven't said when it will be solved.

Oh thanks for that!

My main concern, in the mean time is that i'm just left with 10 minutes (when i have barely used any!) and my renewal is still 10 days away! 

:/

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ajain wrote:

Oh thanks for that!

My main concern, in the mean time is that i'm just left with 10 minutes (when i have barely used any!) and my renewal is still 10 days away! 

:/

There still seem to be quite a few issues with the new $15 plan, however, I've read other posts that suggest that you will not get capped out at 100 minutes in incoming/outgoing, so you should still receive unlimited incoming (I can't confirm this firsthand just what others have posted).  This issue started when PM made the change from the old $15 to the new $15 and it seems the unlimited incoming minutes counter is not registering properly.  Hopefully this gets fixed soon as  @Alex888 has said PM is still working on this.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ajain If you run out of minutes you can purchase a long distance addon, those minutes will work for local calls and will remain on your account until you have used them, they never expire. Or you can ask the moderators to renew your plan early.

@dabr even if i were to total my incoming+outgoing, it wouldn't come anywhere close to 100.

So i think the issue is something else.

@Alex888 That's the thing, i haven't run out of minutes, cos i used 'em. It's more of the glitch.

The only reason i switched to this plan was to keep my bill to a bare minimum, but if i either renew early or purchase additional minutes, i might have just stayed with my previous plan, which was anyway $25!

Smiley Sad

@ajain wrote:

@dabr even if i were to total my incoming+outgoing, it wouldn't come anywhere close to 100.

So i think the issue is something else.

@Alex888 That's the thing, i haven't run out of minutes, cos i used 'em. It's more of the glitch.

The only reason i switched to this plan was to keep my bill to a bare minimum, but if i either renew early or purchase additional minutes, i might have just stayed with my previous plan, which was anyway $25!

Smiley Sad

I'm scheduled to change to this new plan soon too so I'm a little concerned with all the issues, but it almost seems like it's affecting some and not others.  Very frustrating for sure. Anyway have you tried rebooting your phone? 

It does look like only the moderators are going to be able to help you though.  Hoping you hear back from them soon.  Good luck!

GR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've got my daughter on the new plan. She had the old 15$ plan it it renued 5 days ago and it works fine! In the plan description on her account it doesn't say "unlimited incoming" but I can confirm it it, when she gets an incoming call it doesn't increase in her 100 minutes so I'd say get the plan! 

@dabr Funny, reebooting helps at times. The only problem with that approach is, you just don't get an idea when to reeboot; For instance, the other day my signal strength was full, but nobody was able to call me. So, i just randomly tried rebooting, and i was able to receive calls!

@ajain wrote:

@dabr Funny, reebooting helps at times. The only problem with that approach is, you just don't get an idea when to reeboot; For instance, the other day my signal strength was full, but nobody was able to call me. So, i just randomly tried rebooting, and i was able to receive calls!

Yes it is strange but it seems to work for some issues, same with the lost/found trick, plus rebooting the phone sometimes resets the account.  I've used that myself and it worked, but like I said earlier it was a different issue.