cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with $15 plan

ajain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So there are a couple of issues i have been facing since i downgraded to the $15 plan.

1. Suddenly it appears, as if the reception has become bad.
    Many a times people are not able to reach me, despite i can see the network signals?
  2. There have been frequent dropouts in service.
  3. I have barely made any out going calls, and havent receviced many incoming either, regardless, i received a headup message that only 10 minutes are remaining in the plan?

Can you please help me with these issues.

Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ajain wrote:

Finally, one of the mods, upgraded my $15 plan to the newer version, i.e. unlimited incoming, and gave me about 20 extra mins for this cycle.

My plan will automatically use the newer version from next cycle.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Always nice when things get sorted!

ajain

Finally, one of the mods, upgraded my $15 plan to the newer version, i.e. unlimited incoming, and gave me about 20 extra mins for this cycle.

My plan will automatically use the newer version from next cycle.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajain wrote:

@Anonymous i switched to this plan just the last cycle, around 22 April, so i am guessing i am on the older version, whereby i have limited incoming?

but more importantly, even if that were the case, i still should have ample minutes left!

i have sent a message to the team moderator ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437 ), but havent received any response yet 😞

Remember that the $10 plan and the original $15 plan is all calls in and out. (except most toll frees and callers that drop to voicemail)

ajain

@Anonymous i switched to this plan just the last cycle, around 22 April, so i am guessing i am on the older version, whereby i have limited incoming?

but more importantly, even if that were the case, i still should have ample minutes left!

i have sent a message to the team moderator ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437 ), but havent received any response yet 😞

HarveyW

Thanks for your response-much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HarveyW wrote:

Weird trick about manually adding $1.00 to the account? I don't get it when a credit card was put down.  How would that do the trick to somehow getting out of that msg of not having a long distance add on?

I know it's weird but it has been found to reset things in the account on many occassions. It's like with the lost/stolen feature...it kinda gives the service a kick to reset it.

These tricks are mostly useful as workarounds while waiting for the moderators.

With this problematic $15 plan, the trick may not do it. But it's worth the try. You'll just have an extra dollar in your Available Funds for the next renewal.

HarveyW

Weird trick about manually adding $1.00 to the account? I don't get it when a credit card was put down.  How would that do the trick to somehow getting out of that msg of not having a long distance add on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HarveyW 

You can ask the moderators to cancel your account but it's not necessary when you can just let it lapse without paying.

You *could* re-sign-up with a new SIM but you won't have your other number short of several gyrations of porting out and back. You would also need to use a different email address...which of course these days isn't difficult.

Another weird trick is to manually add another $1 to the account and upon success, restart the phone.

HarveyW

Have tried reporting lost/stolen and suspend account.  Waited 15-20 mins and reactivate account.  Also took out SIM and battery.  Nothing...same issue.  

Has anyone tried to cancel the account all together and using a new SIM card, re-register thereby somehow nullifying the old and establishing a new to somehow start fresh?  Would this work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajain wrote:

Just read this-
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-Unlimited-Text-and-100-mins-of-Talk...

Under the FAQs,

The first question -

What does and does not use my minutes?

It says, Uses Minutes - 

1. Making a call

2. Answering a call (i am assuming, this must mean, even receiving calls deducts minutes?)
    //although that said, i also totaled my incoming and outgoing, and it sums to somewhere around 40 minutes. So, even by this logic, i should have had about 60 minutes or so!

3. Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages
  4. Using call forwarding

That announcement was announcing the $15 plan on Mar 15. The plan got changed later on like end of April or thereabouts without any announcement. It was discovered on April 30th by user TMS.

The plan didn't originally have unlimited incoming talk. So then point #2 is (if you're still on it) /was valid. But with the addition of unlimited incoming talk...point #2 is no longer relevant.

The new version of this plan will use minutes for all outgoing calls except most toll free #'s and calls that drop to voicemail. Dropping to voicemail is effectively call forwarding so it seems to me that call forwarding doesn't use minutes either.

ajain

Just read this-
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-Unlimited-Text-and-100-mins-of-Talk...

Under the FAQs,

The first question -

What does and does not use my minutes?

It says, Uses Minutes - 

1. Making a call

2. Answering a call (i am assuming, this must mean, even receiving calls deducts minutes?)
    //although that said, i also totaled my incoming and outgoing, and it sums to somewhere around 40 minutes. So, even by this logic, i should have had about 60 minutes or so!

3. Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages
  4. Using call forwarding

HarveyW

Yes, thanks

happycamper

@dabr wrote:

@ajain wrote:

@dabr even if i were to total my incoming+outgoing, it wouldn't come anywhere close to 100.

So i think the issue is something else.

@Alex888 That's the thing, i haven't run out of minutes, cos i used 'em. It's more of the glitch.

The only reason i switched to this plan was to keep my bill to a bare minimum, but if i either renew early or purchase additional minutes, i might have just stayed with my previous plan, which was anyway $25!

😞

I'm scheduled to change to this new plan soon too so I'm a little concerned with all the issues, but it almost seems like it's affecting some and not others.  Very frustrating for sure. Anyway have you tried rebooting your phone? 

It does look like only the moderators are going to be able to help you though.  Hoping you hear back from them soon.  Good luck!

I changed my plan over to this one on May 7 and everything worked seamlessly....have received number of incoming calls and they have not been deducted from 100 minutes....also as noted above, the plan details shown on your profile do not state "unlimited incoming" but this just seems to be a wording glitch

ajain

@hairbag1 Oh Yess! Also, i was charged twice when auto-switching to this plan from the previous one. But having spoken with Mods, they checked and then leveled up my account balance for the difference of payment.

Donno whats wrong with this plan!!

ajain

@HarveyW Oh my! totally forgot about that!

I too have had similar issue, in addition to existing issues, except, the plan out-of-the blue won't allow me to make any call (all my calls are local too!). But reboots address that!

@HarveyW wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Received notification saying that I have 10 mins left BUT when I tried to call out, I get the message that my call cannot be completed because I don't have a long distance plan.  My calls were all local!  There's gotta to be glitch somewhere.

I'm guessing you've reached out to the moderators and have tried the lost/found phone and reboot phone procedure already to no avail?

@hairbag1 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@GR wrote:

I've got my daughter on the new plan. She had the old 15$ plan it it renued 5 days ago and it works fine! In the plan description on her account it doesn't say "unlimited incoming" but I can confirm it it, when she gets an incoming call it doesn't increase in her 100 minutes so I'd say get the plan! 

Thanks @GR  for letting us know that it's been working fine for your daughter, that is reassuring for sure, so I guess I'll wait and see what happens to mine on renewal.

Just a suggestion @dabr ..manually load your $15 into your Available Funds before renewal date. For some reason, that seems to stabilize the renewal process rather than just relying on credit card renewal only. Good luck.

Thanks @hairbag1  I'll definitely keep that in mind when my renewal is due.

HarveyW

I'm having the same issue.  Received notification saying that I have 10 mins left BUT when I tried to call out, I get the message that my call cannot be completed because I don't have a long distance plan.  My calls were all local!  There's gotta to be glitch somewhere.

@dabr wrote:

@GR wrote:

I've got my daughter on the new plan. She had the old 15$ plan it it renued 5 days ago and it works fine! In the plan description on her account it doesn't say "unlimited incoming" but I can confirm it it, when she gets an incoming call it doesn't increase in her 100 minutes so I'd say get the plan! 

Thanks @GR  for letting us know that it's been working fine for your daughter, that is reassuring for sure, so I guess I'll wait and see what happens to mine on renewal.

Just a suggestion @dabr ..manually load your $15 into your Available Funds before renewal date. For some reason, that seems to stabilize the renewal process rather than just relying on credit card renewal only. Good luck.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@GR wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ajain wrote:

@dabr Funny, reebooting helps at times. The only problem with that approach is, you just don't get an idea when to reeboot; For instance, the other day my signal strength was full, but nobody was able to call me. So, i just randomly tried rebooting, and i was able to receive calls!

Yes it is strange but it seems to work for some issues, same with the lost/found trick, plus rebooting the phone sometimes resets the account.  I've used that myself and it worked, but like I said earlier it was a different issue.

ajain

@dabr Funny, reebooting helps at times. The only problem with that approach is, you just don't get an idea when to reeboot; For instance, the other day my signal strength was full, but nobody was able to call me. So, i just randomly tried rebooting, and i was able to receive calls!

GR
Mayor / Maire

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ajain wrote:

@dabr even if i were to total my incoming+outgoing, it wouldn't come anywhere close to 100.

@Alex888 That's the thing, i haven't run out of minutes, cos i used 'em. It's more of the glitch.

The only reason i switched to this plan was to keep my bill to a bare minimum, but if i either renew early or purchase additional minutes, i might have just stayed with my previous plan, which was anyway $25!

😞

I'm scheduled to change to this new plan soon too so I'm a little concerned with all the issues, but it almost seems like it's affecting some and not others.  Very frustrating for sure. Anyway have you tried rebooting your phone? 

It does look like only the moderators are going to be able to help you though.  Hoping you hear back from them soon.  Good luck!

ajain

😞

@ajain If you run out of minutes you can purchase a long distance addon, those minutes will work for local calls and will remain on your account until you have used them, they never expire. Or you can ask the moderators to renew your plan early.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ajain wrote:

Oh thanks for that!

My main concern, in the mean time is that i'm just left with 10 minutes (when i have barely used any!) and my renewal is still 10 days away! 

😕

There still seem to be quite a few issues with the new $15 plan, however, I've read other posts that suggest that you will not get capped out at 100 minutes in incoming/outgoing, so you should still receive unlimited incoming (I can't confirm this firsthand just what others have posted).  This issue started when PM made the change from the old $15 to the new $15 and it seems the unlimited incoming minutes counter is not registering properly.  Hopefully this gets fixed soon as  @Alex888 has said PM is still working on this.

ajain

Oh thanks for that!

My main concern, in the mean time is that i'm just left with 10 minutes (when i have barely used any!) and my renewal is still 10 days away! 

😕

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ajain You are not the only one, many people have been having problems with that plan. They are working on fixing it but haven't said when it will be solved.
Need Help? Let's chat.