cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with 200mb Data Add-On

Xadrunas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have purchased a 200mb Data Add-On yesterday morning.

I was wondering if I was supposed to get a confirmation from Public Mobile for this purchase.

On my account it seems as if the add-on has been added but I can't seem to be able to use it.

I've tried a lot of online fixes but none has worked to connect me to my mobile data.

Restarting, airplane mode on / off, reset APN settings, take out the sim and still nothing.

Is the data network range the same as the call / text range?

If there's something else I'm forgetting to do I'd appreciate if anyone could help.

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

7 REPLIES 7

Xadrunas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Solution was to add an APN option specific to my phone as proposed by MacMe above.

Going to this link https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

For Public Mobile and choosing my specifi phone model.

Thank you everyone who left a comment. ❤️

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smp99 wrote:

You learn something every day - I thought the only data add-on was 1GB $30. I did not know there was a 200mb option. Nice.

The $30 for 1GB option is better value (more MB per dollar).  But yes, if you only need 200MB, then it is a good option.

smp99

You learn something every day - I thought the only data add-on was 1GB $30. I did not know there was a 200mb option. Nice.

meocon

@Xadrunas Did you see 0/200MB Add-on on your account? If yes, I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that for you.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

youbme

It sounds like you've already done most of the troubleshooting necessary. Review the APN settings once more, and also confirm that your mobile data is turned on. Can you confirm if it is possible to send/receive MMS messages? If yes, then your data is connected, but there is an issue with the add-on being applied - therefore no internet access. What type of phone are you using? That might help troubleshoot further.

MacMe

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Usually once an add on is purchased, you should be able to use it. What i suggest is, you should contact the @CS_Agent and let them know the issue and see if they can help you in this matter. 

Need Help? Let's chat.